Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jewelcrafting - my opinion on its status

Anhrez

First let me say over all I think Jewelcrafting is well thought out and was rolled out in a very stable format. the ability to pivot using Water or Blood is a nice touch and I think adds some depth to the choices a Jewelcrafter has to make. the 6 cuts for rings give a wide selection of options and paired with a hand of glory can have some immediate impact for a crafter, a gatherer or a combat player. 

My challenge with the profession in is current state are:

• Necklace stats are barely worth the effort - Crafting necklaces are the worst of the three format. For crafting speed is in all purposes wasted. As crafters you are facing Critical failures, and Assembly failures why does one more second back make me care enough to put on a necklace? the add on stat is 'basic crafting speed' so a lower level of a stat I really feel is not worth the gem in its current format.  The combat necklaces come in ahead of crafting format, but as I share the options with my customers the 'primary' stat seems a bit lack luster. Sure Attack Power or Support Power is the what they are looking for as it fits with any build but I am not sure if the formats of the primary stat options are so small the value cannot be 'felt' or these 'utility' stats just are not aligning with how combat players are looking to create their builds yet.
  • The lack of stats on the ore - No stats brought in for the bands, and chains by their metal format feels wrong. We have X amount of bars, we have Y amount of stitched leather but for Jewelcrafting the metals mean nothing but boot strap and adding some durability
  • Grit - I have other posts up but the change in in the basic gathering, and the lack of value of slag after a while has made getting Grit a horrible effort. What am I to do with 1000 slag once i have a lvl 10 vessel? 

Edit to add necklace as example 

I yolo'd this almost and I got a great Attack Power outcome. but .... the Far Sight is 0.744 out of a possible 50 but does anyone really know what 50 gets me? Health regen out of combat has no cap but I am at 75 so this crafted green item gives me 1.888% more than I have on my crafter? ... does the small values just make it feel like this has little impact or are they just so small they can't be felt within most builds? 

2CTbFHs.png

Edited by Anhrez

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

The other issue is it's almost a waste of materials until you are nearly max trained in the experimentation and assembly success lines. That difficulty 75 on final experimentation is brutal.

and 75 on the 'Polish' is a bit much. Its max on a step before the final step? not sure if there is another profession that has that ? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

I also agree that the necklace stats are almost all not worth the cost of the gem. We've pretty much just used them for the attack power as Anhrez mentioned and the tool decay on dedicated harvesters.

I have a few crafting things up at Srathor's Lawn EK .... I am stall 1 on the vendor street :)

LR0tCJt.png

1 minute ago, Gradishar said:

uraqujp.png

What the poorly made socksbiscuits ?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Just now, Gradishar said:

That was the best necklace I made in 5.4... to say that necklaces are "barely worth the effort" is not accurate IMHO.

The absolute best of something shouldn't be used to define what the average is...

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I'm talking about the "stat effect 1" - there's far sight, person healing modifier, something, stamina regen, and sprint efficiency. 

I'm hoping the briolette ruby cut gives personal damage modifier to match the personal healing modifier on the sapphire briolette cut so there's a DPS option. 

unknown.png

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

Just now, mandalore said:

The absolute best of something shouldn't be used to define what the average is...

And its not the best that is possible. It's the best I made over a period of a couple of weeks of effort. I didn't think we were trying to "define what the average is" either. 

2 minutes ago, blazzen said:

I'm talking about the "stat effect 1" - there's far sight, person healing modifier, something, stamina regen, and sprint efficiency. 

I'm hoping the briolette ruby cut gives personal damage modifier to match the personal healing modifier on the sapphire briolette cut so there's a DPS option. 

unknown.png

I figured this out Blazzen...but didn't update our spreadsheet. I honestly don't remember the results. 

Does having 2 rings and 1 necklace combined fill the gap of the lift from starter to green vessel?  3 gems to gather versus 8 minerals ... yes there is less resources used for the comparison but what else can we compare JC to other than necromancy? 

Digging body parts is solo, gathering stone and ore for JC is solo both require a 'team' gathering event to fully execute. JC necklaces feel lack-luster in my view because of the heavy team gathering requirement when i compare them to the only other team gathering path. 

Combat are better than Crafting speed yes, but the utility stats feel lack luster in my opinion compared to the amazing optional additives seen in vessels and the lift seen in migrating from start to your first Vessel.

2 Attack Power hand legendary would start off at +14ish a piece, leveraging 12 pips to lift each arm ? not to mention the lift on the final combine you might easily see 150 -200 AP on the vessel along with the extra benefits.

it might be my expectations are off, but you add in a team gathering gate then I guess the juice should be more worth the squeeze 

Edited by Anhrez

LR0tCJt.png