Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Merrex

So EK is only for crafting and selling stuff ?

I know you can place keeps and minecraft stuff until you turn blue but for the most part its just cosmetic as far as functionality the only benefit i see is make a place to craft stuff and sell your stuff. Nothing in there to hunt and skin / mine / or harvest other than basic garbage wood / stone / ore. From what i can see parcels have no durability so no reason to buy more than one from a someone so this crafting line is mostly dead after the initial wave. and as far as a meeting place most guilds are just going to meet on discord or teamspeak. I kind of wish this had more function or reason for a crafter to continue crafting this type of stuff.

every other crafter will be crafting non stop to make stuff that is destroyed or consumed or looted but this line of crafting really adds nothing to a guild other than wining awards for the most pretty kingdom.

There are a few misconceptions and inaccuracies in what you've written, and it also refers to EKs as they are manifest now in the Alpha-Test, and does account for how they will be in release, which will be quite different.

First, there are no mobs nor premium resources in EKs this is true, but this is not an oversight but rather intentional design. If these things were available in EKs, then there would be no reason to fight over them in the Campaign Worlds. EKs must remain free of these types of resources or you undercut a huge part of the gameplay loop.

Second, parcels may not have durability, but they do have respawn timers on their basic nodes, and with enough people on one farming those, there will be downtime. They also have limits - a particular parcel can only hold a certain number of assets (walls or structures) - this feature is active now -  and parcel ranks determine how many people an EK can hold, restriction polulation. Having more parcels of higher rank means you can build a large more complex EK that can hold more people. If you are making a small private EK for personal use, you do not need many parcels and none of the larger ones - if you want to make a large shared Kingdom for your guild or gaming community, or a market, then you need more.

In terms of Stonemasory or the skill tied to the crafting of parcels, they will be very important in release. For the reasons mentioned above, which will include some special assets that can be placed in EKs and directly impact effectiveness in the Campaign. Certain strucures will be able to house buildings that contain Relics, and some parcels be able to hold Shrines - these are both assets which can be fed premium materials collected in the Campaign Worlds which will grant players various buffs that will improve their stats, with this effect manifesting on the CWs themselves. This is a very important and practical benefit. A guild with inferior gear but superior buffs can compete with a group they otherwise could not - between 2 equally matched guilds, one with a skilled stonemason and one without, the one with the stonemason will have a clear advantage.

It is understandable that just how some of these things will work and what benefits they have is not clear, but it is important to keep in mind that things in release will be very different than they are now. If you are a prospective Stonemason, you will be valuable. :)

whats the point of putting walls up in my EK if i can make it so no bad guys can enter the EK anyway ? You control who can and can not come in the EK so no reason to have a keep or walls or any of that.

And if it is true some buildings will be able to have special abilities then once you get it you got it for life no reason to hunt down a stone mason the make you another one eventually every one is going to have all the buildings and buffs that everyone else has.

53 minutes ago, Merrex said:

whats the point of putting walls up in my EK if i can make it so no bad guys can enter the EK anyway ? You control who can and can not come in the EK so no reason to have a keep or walls or any of that.

And if it is true some buildings will be able to have special abilities then once you get it you got it for life no reason to hunt down a stone mason the make you another one eventually every one is going to have all the buildings and buffs that everyone else has.

Stonemasons are required to make most of the components a jewelcrafter uses to refine gems. You're not going to make very many legendary rings or amulets without a skilled stonemason to reliably turn your legendary stone and ore in to legendary paste/grinding wheels/cutting blades. I've tried making these components with an unskilled stoneworker and lets just say you get a LOT of failed assemblies.

As well, parcels and buildings are slated for a future upgrade wherin the quality and rank of them affects the taxation of the building. If the original design is still intact, the resource parcels attached to a city type parcel lower its upkeep costs, and the stats of the building determine its base costs and any functional elements it has (e.g. crafting buffs for things attached to it, etc.)

Expect 'defensive' structures in EKs to remain cosmetic. Feel free to never build them there.

Keep in mind in non-faction campaign players build and DESTROY all buildings rather than those building being auto-placed and auto-respawning. Good luck winning a non-faction campaign without a stonemason to craft your buildings or replace the walls you broke to take over your neighbor's castle.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I guess the look and feel of the EK seams mostly candy " Oh look at my huge wonderful keep that just looks cool " Check out my crafting tables that are less useful than the crafting tables in the forts oh and did I mention that I used up all my Spirit bank transactions to bring all the stuff I crafted here to sell on my vendors so that you can also use up all of your Spirit bank transactions buying them and moving them to the real game. ( people are just going to buy and sell stuff in chat not use up valuable spirit bank translations )

They don't want people to harvest in Ek's they don't want people to craft in the Ek's ( lesser quality tables and spirit bank translations ) I realize they want to push the fort capture a lot so people will have a reason to do so but do they have to do it at the expense of the Ek tables ? Also the What is wrong with making it so you can farm poor or white quality materials in Ek's ? That way new players can still at least get some basic starting gear without having to risk getting ganked on day one  ? Make it so Ek can add as much value to the game as other crafters Sure the game is made so not one crafter is self sufficient they need supplies from other crafters to make goods for them to make their main skill trade im not talking about making sand for people or bottles im talking about making a item on par with say and set of plate armor or weapons that give special stats and skill bonuses to the character so they can win.

Yah you did good but how many spirit bank transactions did you use up to make it ?

Im having a hard time proving that 20-30 items later you will have used up all your points no one is able to understand this.

Edited by Merrex

On 16.6.2018 at 6:17 AM, Merrex said:

[rant] [rant] [rant] resources [rant] [rant] [rant] crafting tables [rant] [rant] [rant] exports [rant] [rant]

Let's go to the titles question first.

EK's are the personal housing areas of Crowfall. You don't say "Hey, why does my personal house not have monsters and resources" in other games, do you? Just because CF EK's can be much bigger than any other housing areas in any other game, doesn't imply the right to get even more. The scale of the land and the complexity of the building system are a plus ... not something to lead to a complaint. And both scope and complexity are only provided because they needed to build it for the campaign worlds anyways and they though 'hey, why not give it to the players, too". That doesnt make them campaign worlds or equal to them. EK's are housing (with already more than enough positively unusual benefits). End of story.

As for the other stuff.

There is a difference between ranting and constructive discussion. Your posts are so full of ranting that it is hard to discover the point you are probably trying to make. Most of it can be summarized to "DON'T LIKE!!!" And so the usual answer would be "Well, then, uhm, DON'T USE?" It would be helpful if you could cleary point out the essence of you opinion - without the ranting. It can also be helpful to add sources or describe things more comprehensoble. Like, you speak about different crafting tables. I don't know what you are speaking about. Maybe i missed a news article? Maybe i didn't see a change in the playtest? Who knows? I dont. To be more precise: I don't know what you are talking about. But i have a green necromancy table in my EK, so i'm fine.

Btw., you are aware of the fact that the spiritbank imports/exports are only for testing purposes and that this whole thing will be replaced by the embargo system in the final game? So why a limit now at all? Maybe they are testing? Like "how much of what do people try to transfer if they are limited?" They are always testing. (Remember the 2 minutes block after transferin an item? That was not meant to tease us - it just needed that time to get transfered from server to server before they finally optimized the flow.) Or maybe they just wanted to give us a few opportunities even though the real system isnt online yet? Who knows? Again, i don't. To be more precise: I dont care.

But if i would care and if i wouldnt like it, i would try to write a short and precise feedback in the feedback area. Or, if i had an idea how a certain issue could be solved or which change would be good for the game, i would make a short destricption and then go on with details in the suggestions area. Because, as a developer you have to learn to ignore ranting - or you need to change your profession. Too much rant and the small useful informations may get lost. And neither you nor the developers want this to happen. We are all trying to help the game become the best it can, righ'?

Greetings

Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

7 hours ago, Kraahk said:

Let's go to the titles question first.

EK's are the personal housing areas of Crowfall. You don't say "Hey, why does my personal house not have monsters and resources" in other games, do you? Just because CF EK's can be much bigger than any other housing areas in any other game, doesn't imply the right to get even more. The scale of the land and the complexity of the building system are a plus ... not something to lead to a complaint. And both scope and complexity are only provided because they needed to build it for the campaign worlds anyways and they though 'hey, why not give it to the players, too". That doesnt make them campaign worlds or equal to them. EK's are housing (with already more than enough positively unusual benefits). End of story.

As for the other stuff.

There is a difference between ranting and constructive discussion. Your posts are so full of ranting that it is hard to discover the point you are probably trying to make. Most of it can be summarized to "DON'T LIKE!!!" And so the usual answer would be "Well, then, uhm, DON'T USE?" It would be helpful if you could cleary point out the essence of you opinion - without the ranting. It can also be helpful to add sources or describe things more comprehensoble. Like, you speak about different crafting tables. I don't know what you are speaking about. Maybe i missed a news article? Maybe i didn't see a change in the playtest? Who knows? I dont. To be more precise: I don't know what you are talking about. But i have a green necromancy table in my EK, so i'm fine.

Btw., you are aware of the fact that the spiritbank imports/exports are only for testing purposes and that this whole thing will be replaced by the embargo system in the final game? So why a limit now at all? Maybe they are testing? Like "how much of what do people try to transfer if they are limited?" They are always testing. (Remember the 2 minutes block after transferin an item? That was not meant to tease us - it just needed that time to get transfered from server to server before they finally optimized the flow.) Or maybe they just wanted to give us a few opportunities even though the real system isnt online yet? Who knows? Again, i don't. To be more precise: I dont care.

But if i would care and if i wouldnt like it, i would try to write a short and precise feedback in the feedback area. Or, if i had an idea how a certain issue could be solved or which change would be good for the game, i would make a short destricption and then go on with details in the suggestions area. Because, as a developer you have to learn to ignore ranting - or you need to change your profession. Too much rant and the small useful informations may get lost. And neither you nor the developers want this to happen. We are all trying to help the game become the best it can, righ'?

Greetings

Kraahk

Sorry for Ranting and I did go to the Suggestion section on the forums to add a Suggestion about it.

On 7/27/2018 at 1:17 PM, Merrex said:

Sorry for Ranting and I did go to the Suggestion section on the forums to add a Suggestion about it.

It's very very hard to convey points sometimes. Not all of us are trained writers, and getting out all of the emotion for something you're passionate about can be... challenging. No harm, no foul.

From what I've gleaned across the various videos, podcasts, and adverts we've seen since inception, the EKs were meant to cover a few different core pieces of functionality:

Limited PvE Zones that all Respite from the PvP But are Level Capped to prevent grinding to endgame.
Player Constructed Zones (To Get our Build On and Express Creativity)
Player Housing Hubs
Crafting Hubs
Lore Hubs (They're... still being vague about this one. Pop on over to my latest suggestion to see what I came up with for this if you'd like)
Guild Hubs

The Way EK's were pitched to us at the onset, was a collection of features which allow players to Make and Sell their gear to others, but also allow a living collection of Player and Guild housing to create expandable and (terrain / design) modifiable towns and kingdoms. These player owned zones are pure PvE, and give the player the power to control what elements are placed in their design. Everything from a Private kingdom that is one glorified player house, all the way up to a Zone the size of Kalimdor, supporting an entire Economy, Multi-Guild culture, and supplies raiding gear to players across the Arch of the Nine Heavens.

To that end, it can host a myriad of Parcels that cover everything from Housing and Mob Spawns, to Craftable Dungeons and Lore Placement. And though this is a CORE feature, think of Housing as the youngest child in the family. It takes FOREVER for it to get hand-me-downs from the other Kids, but once they do, they have a well worn, and expansive wardrobe. 

Eternal Kingdoms benefit from the completion of ALL of the other game systems. But it remains bare bones while those systems come into existence. And, because ACE is slow to promise things (lest they be guilty of over promising and under delivering) we have no real mockups on the evolution of the EK's and the general direction we're headed. 

The team is still small. And a successful core release will dictate it growing larger in the future, and this core feature becoming more fully filled out. Plus, the feature you give the player's the most control over is not the one which you want to break the most. 

But that's the best thing about making suggestions. You can dream, in place of the core team. Make single suggestions on features you'd like to see in the EK's. We have half a million posts on these forums, and it's a lot. And the wiki is rather large and incomplete as well. Perhaps, some of the elements you crave will be in the game's roadmap already. And others still might be things the Dev team hasn't thought up.

Keep it brief; keep it constructive; and you may be surprised what you get in the way of feedback.

Cheers.

6nraKf.png