Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Merrex

Necromancy might be to OP

I know a lot of people are not going to like me bringing up this topic ( sorry all you necros out there ) but lets have a side by side compare to the product a vessel which gives stupid amounts of stat bonuses plus other skill bonuses and compare it to a piece of armor or a sword that is created not only do the stats blow every thing else away in value but there is no durability to the vessel so they last forever. Maybe it needs to be toned down more in line with other crafted items. I am not saying it needs to be as bad as jewelry which seams to be like the worst thing to craft at the moment.

Also lets think about the new players who might start the game later down the road ( which we will need lots of new people to keep the company alive and keep the game from losing population ) they start the game or start the free trial how ever they get in and BOOM they are dead in 1 hit by some dude with 5 times the stats as them and then get corpse camped and laughed at because that is how it goes in open world pvp . That player might never log back in and try the game. And worse yet they will probably tell all their friend that the game is bad and don't bother playing it.

I remember the first time I played eve online after playing for a week and got killed in a safe area and lost everything i owned i felt like there was no point to start over just to make someone richer who has found loop holes in the system so i stopped playing and never went back. It looked like a cool game but in fact it was a game where the rich and powerful get richer and more powerful at the expense of people who were not as powerful as them.

GW2 and dark age of camelot both have 3 realm pvp ( both are amazing games btw ) but the pvp was contained in a area where you knew you were going to be fighting other players. they still have safe zones for the new players to grow and build their character as well as learn the game mechanics how the skills work and then they go in to the danger zone later on when they feel comfortable.

It just seams like we might lose a lot of people who might be under the impression they can log in and go fight on day one and have any hope of surviving a fight against people with epic and legendary everything. There should be benefits to having good gear but should it be so much that it will make those without it feel like they have no hope ?

Eve is an amazingly designed game that you just sucked at. Theres no reason for you to have died as a new player unless you left high security space, joined a corporation at war, or got baited by someone into a duel. it was your own fault. 

I think the issues about new players will be handled with the diversity and number of campaigns once the game launches. For example all big players will be playing in campaigns that last several months in GvG or 12 Factions ones where they have challenging stuff to do. And in the same time there would be campaigns that last only one week or more that you can't bring advanced vessels in where new players could start the game slowly

even 2 months later with 3x training speed no one has all epic and legendary gear unless theyve had several farmers sell their souls for the ore and won the crafting lottery, regardless why would anyone ever think they can fight day one with people who have top of the line gear, thats just stupid and you deserve to be beaten down at every step if thats what you think until you realize this isnt a moba. regardless gear is more important then a vessel

On 6/20/2018 at 11:04 AM, GHouse said:

Yeah, but it's a huge pain to make vessels compared to making other items.

Not really.  Not to the extent that the output from this one profession remains permanent while everything else has durability.  

your better off spending your time getting a blue weapon and green armor over a vessel tbh. Sure they have more stats but they do very little overall compared to getting double the HP off a green piece of armor over a white piece for example.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 10/23/2018 at 2:05 AM, Benevolence said:

Eve is an amazingly designed game that you just sucked at. Theres no reason for you to have died as a new player unless you left high security space, joined a corporation at war, or got baited by someone into a duel. it was your own fault. 

High sec killing in eve is a real thing, any mining barge is at reisk to a couple destroyers.