Tinnis

[todd twitter] small player economy idea request

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:
  •  
    j todd colemanVerified account @jtoddcoleman Jun 16
     
    as noted earlier in thread, not sure how to make it work
     
    ------
     
    How to get vendor stalls in campaign beach heads
    So for this one, they can simply use the system as designed in Albion Online for crafting spots in public cities, you allow plots that can be bid on for ownership by anyway on a set timeframe, perhaps every two weeks or something. The winner of the bid gets control of the vendor, and the existing owner gets their inventory for sale put into their spirit bank or something. Existing owners could also get some kind of bid multiplier so that vendors don't change hands to often, or not if that isn't an issue.

It could also be scoreboard based; top 10 guilds on the scoreboard get a vendor spot for the next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ren said:

It could also be scoreboard based; top 10 guilds on the scoreboard get a vendor spot for the next week.

Like a "win more" mechanism??? lmao.
We need catch-up mechanisms not win more ones. Uncle Bob board game all over again and again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to be able to restrict vendor access to the same realm, don't fancy getting killed by my own creations in campaign worlds.

A Vendor that takes commissions that I can set the Mat amounts and a player can supply then in return build item and put back on vendor for them to collect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grivyn said:

A Vendor that takes commissions that I can set the Mat amounts and a player can supply then in return build item and put back on vendor for them to collect

This is a very good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nyamo said:

Like a "win more" mechanism??? lmao.
We need catch-up mechanisms not win more ones. Uncle Bob board game all over again and again.

Since the initial request was for an easy to implement mechanic, my thought was to cast a wide net of the active guilds (if they are putting up scores then they are active) who are likely to either stock a vendor or sublet it to an econ guild.  It's unlikely that proceeds from selling noob gear will really compound an Uncle Bob scenario when you look at the overall econ power needed to build castles.  A bid system is a better solution for a number of reasons, but also more complicated with associated dev time to create that system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... ONE way to insure the in-game economy cannot grow is to have the rumors of an EK and SB wipe for 5.7.    Version 5.6 WAS the wipe and release that allowed us to actually create the loop and many of us planned for that...  by investing the time.   

We expect a wipe when a dupe bug is found or when any potentially imbalancing "legacy" item is created by the change.

The only change that affects an item is the change to the Racial kit discipline which will be a part of any vessel post 5.7...  The CLASS kits remain unchanged.  The only Potential for a "legacy" item would be a very high end crafted vessel leveled to 30 and only a half giant blacksmith stacking INT could be above the new cap of 150.   None of my Crafting Vessels currently exceed or can exceed the new caps.

In addition we are taking about just a few more stat points that give a minute amount chance of better crafting results, nothing to panic about as far as what reaches the battlefield.

Please confirm a wipe and how heavy handed it will be.   I can guarantee the remaining 5.6 and even 5.7 after a wipe announcement will not reach this level of economic activity as quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frykka said:

Well... ONE way to insure the in-game economy cannot grow is to have the rumors of an EK and SB wipe for 5.7.    Version 5.6 WAS the wipe and release that allowed us to actually create the loop and many of us planned for that...  by investing the time.   

We expect a wipe when a dupe bug is found or when any potentially imbalancing "legacy" item is created by the change.

The only change that affects an item is the change to the Racial kit discipline which will be a part of any vessel post 5.7...  The CLASS kits remain unchanged.  The only Potential for a "legacy" item would be a very high end crafted vessel leveled to 30 and only a half giant blacksmith stacking INT could be above the new cap of 150.   None of my Crafting Vessels currently exceed or can exceed the new caps.

In addition we are taking about just a few more stat points that give a minute amount chance of better crafting results, nothing to panic about as far as what reaches the battlefield.

Please confirm a wipe and how heavy handed it will be.   I can guarantee the remaining 5.6 and even 5.7 after a wipe announcement will not reach this level of economic activity as quickly.

Strangely I am favorable for a wipe. Too many ek bugs, people duping stuff in ek and moreover we are in pre-alpha and i think it is easier for the devs to check stuff if we restart from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Frykka said:

Please confirm a wipe and how heavy handed it will be.

A confirmed wipe kills activity even worse than a rumored wipe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Nyamo said:

Strangely I am favorable for a wipe. Too many ek bugs, people duping stuff in ek and moreover we are in pre-alpha and i think it is easier for the devs to check stuff if we restart from scratch.

Duping?   hogwash....  show proof of duping before tossing that out there.    This is a test where we try to do it and report it...   I again say you better have a proof of a dupe bug to call a wipe on all vendors and all items.

ALL of the major guilds in this testing would report a hack or dupe because we all have a vested interest in it...  obviously you do not nor have you actually created such or can recreate one.    Being someone who has reported a dupe from a rollback bug...   I can conform that there has not been a rollback.

 

 

Edited by Frykka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frykka said:

Duping?   hogwash....  show proof of duping before tossing that out there.    This is a test where we try to do it and report it...   I again say you better have a proof of a dupe bug to call a wipe on all vendors and all items.

 

Ask @Kraahk for proofs. For me, I trust his word 100%. Also ask @Altybear for ek bugs and check his ek to see a tree inside a frigging castle. He call him his own tree of life but his ek is public so you can have tangible proof of one of the bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nyamo said:

Ask @Kraahk for proofs. For me, I trust his word 100%. Also ask @Altybear for ek bugs and check his ek to see a tree inside a frigging castle. He call him his own tree of life but his ek is public so you can have tangible proof of one of the bugs.

What the @#$%! does a tree in a castle have to do with bank and skill wipes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A tree in a castle does not create a combat issue...  we've had trees and grass in buildings for years.  there is also a Russian Egg nested tree...   so what?    I still call bull on your dupe report.

We cannot even test an economy if clowns can get a wipe through fake news, get real


The question is truly how much effort does JTodd want us to put in to build a vendor economy, we cannot put any in the face of market crashing rumors.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Frykka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

What the @#$%! does a tree in a castle have to do with bank and skill wipes?

From the original post

21 minutes ago, Nyamo said:

Well... ONE way to insure the in-game economy cannot grow is to have the rumors of an EK and SB wipe for 5.7.

 i was referring to EK. Now please quote my post in which i said spirit bank or skills. 

EDIT: for some reason says Nyamo but i am quoting Frykka.

Edited by Nyamo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Frykka said:

I still call bull on your dupe report.

To be honest I haven't seen it neither but i trust kraahk who also told me he already contacted the devs about this. 

also, regarding to the tree altybear intentionally bugged it and it is now unchoppable. imagine if this kind of bug could be reproduced into a campaign in which you prevent a rank 10 to be harvested.

 

EDIT: i will stop replying on the wipe issue since I think it is derailing from the OP of the thread which was to help Todd find ideas. 

Edited by Nyamo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I said AND Spirit Bank...   I can make a new set of better vessels for all of the crafters but is even that worth the EK wipe...   the key is SB wipe, that happens when a dupe is found to prevent hugely impactful legacy weapons/items.    Even the current batch of vessels being out of date with 5.7 changes to racial stat caps doesn't have the ability to create anything "legacy" and OP.

Frankly rumors of any wipe kill the test, kill the economy so the rumors must be confirmed or denied pronto.   

Campaigns - Over-Wiped Lose all crafted/imported Vessel (We Knew this)
EK -  Pull everything; vendors, stalls, thousands of items to SB and wipe, Lose all crafting vessels?
Spirit Banks - all of the economic activity to date since 5.6 wipe?
Skills - May as well at that point...?

 

 

Edited by Frykka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, thanks Tinnis… good thing I have only used 6 good hand/humerus sets so far. 

I am gonna go with no Spirit Bank wipes because it is so "dicey" to the burgeoning economy.

Hope to see more customers, more sales...  


p.s. not more lagfests




 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2018 at 7:38 AM, Frykka said:

I still call bull on your dupe report.

From today's patch notes:

General Bug Fixes:

  • Duplicate crafting bug has been fixed. 

2dhfid.jpg

 

@Kraahk good job on reporting the dupe bug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did legacy items get created?  did it work on just stackable items?   did it work on grinding minerals (stackable)?

@Nyamo  are you then demanding a full wipe based on what you know could have been created?   Dupes are game breaking and this is why we report them and fix them rather than abuse them while we are helping to test...  I test for dupes as well and make thousands of items, didn't find this one.   I'll thank you as well when you find one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.