Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Q&A Live! - Official Discussion Thread

To echo others, great stream. The Storned looked great ("Floppiness" and all, really loved the HA) as did the Female HG. One thing though....

With ....Assassin..How is that exactly going to work as a DPS balance issue..

Most run dual one handed axe... how much faster will their base attack speed be? Think about how this effects pip generation.

They already have a damned good kit as is, especially given Fey.

Edited by Armegeddon

14 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

To echo others, great stream. The Storned looked great ("Floppiness" and all, really loved the HA) as did the Female HG. One thing though....

With ....Assassin..How is that exactly going to work as a DPS balance issue..

Most run dual one handed axe... how much faster will their base attack speed be? Think about how this effects pip generation.

They already have a damned good kit as is, especially given Fey.

And squishy.  Other DPS can do so from Range, (Confessor, Archer)  assassins are up close and personal and wearing lighter armor.   

If you get jumped unprepared 1v1 by an assassin, that should be a really bad thing for you.

43 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

And squishy.  Other DPS can do so from Range, (Confessor, Archer)  assassins are up close and personal and wearing lighter armor.   

If you get jumped unprepared 1v1 by an assassin, that should be a really bad thing for you.

Some assassins I know wear plate... not sure who you're playing with or if you have played one. Some even have bows!

Edited by Armegeddon

1 hour ago, Armegeddon said:

Some assassins I know wear plate... not sure who you're playing with or if you have played one. Some even have bows!

Then a proper armor pass is the problem, not the attack speed.  I most play one, but to be honest, I have not tried to min/max for group combat, or really had much chance to work over equipment options other than leather. 

Plate should gimp them horribly, and bows from disciplines should not benefit from LMB basic attack speed.  

I would go so far as to say some abilities should be not even available if your wearing plate.  Choices should matter, and Assassins in my opinion should have a very specific play and combat style, and not have everything all min/maxed just to DPS.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

5 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Then a proper armor pass is the problem, not the attack speed.  I most play one, but to be honest, I have not tried to min/max for group combat, or really had much chance to work over equipment options other than leather. 

Plate should gimp them horribly, and bows should not benefit from LMB basic attack speed.  

I would go so far as to say some abilities should be not even available if your wearing plate.  Choices should matter, and Assassins in my opinion should have a very specific play and combat style, and not have everything all min/maxed just to DPS.

"Should" Is the big little word there. As of now there is no such consideration. To me, adding an attack speed buff to a dual axe/armor break/pip generating toon that can gain well over 50% mitigation...seems...well... rediculous.

Edited by Armegeddon

30 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

"Should" Is the big little word there. As of now there is no such consideration. To me, adding an attack speed buff to a dual axe/armor break/pip generating toon that can gain well over 50% mitigation...seems...well... rediculous.

Fix the right "Should" first before calling for nerfs or every class is just going to be a homogeneous pasty mush of similar styles and abilities.

Perhaps plate should add a modifier to PCM, and/or enforce a minimum LMB attack speed. 

All Stoneborn are born right handed so they have a tendency to charge with their left shoulder? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

3 hours ago, Anhrez said:

All Stoneborn are born right handed so they have a tendency to charge with their left shoulder? 

EVERYONE is born right handed. Only the GIFTED overcome it! (Natural left-hander here!)  ;)

Good Q&A, thanks.  Female Half-Giant looks great.  As far as the Stoneborn is concerned, here are my thoughts... 

Aesthetically, would anyone really disagree with taking off 5% off his arms and redistributing that into his head?  The current design is, unless I am missing something, exactly like the original reveal (just now animated).  Is just a slight reduction in the arms and a slight increase in head size possible without too much of a resource sink?  I trust it would go along way for fantasy dwarf enthusiasts.  He also runs a bit like Bo Derek, but I not sure if that is an animation issue or if that is just the way his extreme proportions dictate movement--perhaps highlighted by the floppy shoulder pad that echoes Bo's bouncing, beaded braids?  

Just 5, maybe 8%... :)

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

49 minutes ago, Regulus said:

Good Q&A, thanks.  Female Half-Giant looks great.  As far as the Stoneborn is concerned, here are my thoughts... 

Aesthetically, would anyone really disagree with taking off 5% off his arms and redistributing that into his head?  The current design is, unless I am missing something, exactly like the original reveal (just now animated).  Is just a slight reduction in the arms and a slight increase in head size possible without too much of a resource sink?  I trust it would go along way for fantasy dwarf enthusiasts.  He also runs a bit like Bo Derek, but I not sure if that is an animation issue or if that is just the way his extreme proportions dictate movement--perhaps highlighted by the floppy shoulder pad that echoes Bo's bouncing, beaded braids?  

Just 5, maybe 8%... :)

Full agreement on the proportions, especially of the head. Needs some work, IMO.

49 minutes ago, McTan said:

Full agreement on the proportions, especially of the head. Needs some work, IMO.

^

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png