Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ilvie

plants and their presentation

way of presentation of coniferes like taxus (yew) with leaves on !!

im mean, thats completley ridiculous ! did you folks never recognized a difference between needle-trees and leave-trees

or is your target a group  a uneducated ignorant  mob ?

17 minutes ago, Ilvie said:

im mean, thats completley ridiculous ! did you folks never recognized a difference between needle-trees and leave-trees

or is your target a group  a uneducated ignorant  mob ?

Well, I don't know sir.... I hadn't noticed with all the bull men, guinea pig men and elk men running around..... I'd find better use of your time bro.

18 minutes ago, Ilvie said:

Apart from the last comment, i can only agree. Indeed i already brought up this topic when we got the first trees some years ago. And from time to time people give the feedback that they are confused about trees not looking like they should or looking to similar to a different wood node (like oak and yew lately). If real tree names are used, they should at least kind of look like what they are named after.

In the end it is a game, and so this kind of details add to the quality, but they are not a necessarily crucial for a game like this. Maybe it will be changed, maybe not, we will see. However, this topic might be better placed in general discussion or suggestions. And if only to rise the visibility for the devs. A friendly tone may also help more to get your message through.

9 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

Well, I don't know sir.... I hadn't noticed with all the bull men, guinea pig men and elk men running around..... I'd find better use of your time bro.

Sorry, but in my eyes this argument doesnt work. If the minotaur would look like a horse and the elken would look like a dromedar, people would pretty surely complain, too. If something is named after something people know, it should at least kind of look this way, shouldn't it?

2W1ZHpA.jpg

5 hours ago, Kraahk said:

Sorry, but in my eyes this argument doesnt work. If the minotaur would look like a horse and the elken would look like a dromedar, people would pretty surely complain, too. If something is named after something people know, it should at least kind of look this way, shouldn't it?

I think it is "nit-pickey".. I think it doesn't really matter. I'm aware of what Yews are, I used to have Japanese Yew hedged at my last residence. There are many variants of Yew. It has "needles"  moreso than leaves.. but so does spruce... a coniferous evergreen...

Are we going to start bitching about not having to dig holes for ore next? The OP made an "Ignorant", or unsophisticated statement petertaining to the community at large because of foilage in a custard fantasy game. If that's a deal breaker, he shouldn't let the door hit him in the ass.

Hey, I know... why don't we have the artists drop everything to make the entirety of the game taxonomically correct...But hey, at least they got the shape right!

Image result for yew tree

I am wondering why there seems to be so much passion on both sides about this topic. I haven't. Just like I haven't the slightest intention to go on with it. So, have fun together. 

2W1ZHpA.jpg