Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ceollach

Oi Brasil. Bem Vindo

This is good news for Brazilian players, but just a small observation here: is running this 6 month test to assess the feasibility of the Brazilian market for Crowfall while the game is still in an unpolished (sometimes borderline unplayable) pre-alpha state the best option? 

I know this could be said for any region, and maybe you guys plan to compare current pre-alpha sales from the EU market or whatnot, but as a Brazilian gamer I'm just slightly skeptical that the current unfinished version of the game is the best time to verify the feasibility of our market for Crowfall. 

reddit comment:

/u/PhobusPT

You should do the same kind of marketting here in Portugal, as you may know even one of the biggest MMO game out there even have a server dedicated to Portuguese language and is not for Brasil. And since you a portuguese version of your facebook is a win win situation

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

3 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

This is good news for Brazilian players, but just a small observation here: is running this 6 month test to assess the feasibility of the Brazilian market for Crowfall while the game is still in an unpolished (sometimes borderline unplayable) pre-alpha state the best option? 

I know this could be said for any region, and maybe you guys plan to compare current pre-alpha sales from the EU market or whatnot, but as a Brazilian gamer I'm just slightly skeptical that the current unfinished version of the game is the best time to verify the feasibility of our market for Crowfall. 

Agreed.

And about the news, thank you so much.

Kind of a strange title for the english announcement subforum. 

By the way, what about the players from Portugal? I could imagine they probably might also speak portuguese (surprise, i know). So, kind of sad they didnt even get mentioned. Just saying. 

2W1ZHpA.jpg

12 hours ago, Kraahk said:

Kind of a strange title for the english announcement subforum. 

By the way, what about the players from Portugal? I could imagine they probably might also speak portuguese (surprise, i know). So, kind of sad they didnt even get mentioned. Just saying. 

Portugal is coming, :). The reasons for a Brazil-specific test:

1. Brazil is about half the market in South America, so we need to do a market test to see if there is any interest at all.  If there is, we can plan larger support and a marketing push later;

2. Brazil uses a somewhat different version of Portuguese, so requires different translations.  We'll be starting European Portuguese later this year; we haven't forgotten them. :).

So, no slight intended for the Portuguese; different market, different ways to do things.

16 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

I see where you are coming from, Rikutatis, but we can't wait until soft launch to make a judgment on whether to enter the market.  We have to be able to plan our territory launches and the resources we're going to devote to them.  Right now, Brazil is mostly an unknown; we hope to make that less of a question mark, :).

And as you noted, that could be said of any region.  N.A. and Europe have shown their interest by becoming backers; we want to see if the MMO community in Brazil shows the same sort of interest.  We're not looking for massive sales (although we wouldn't turn them down); we're looking to see if it is a viable market.

Hello!!!

Im a Brazilian Player.

First of all, sorry for my poor english sometimes.

I have a question. If the brazilian server do not work as you wanted and it is not viable to open a server in Brazil, would we have at least one gateway to improve our connection with the US servers?

13 hours ago, Tornado said:

Hello!!!

Im a Brazilian Player.

First of all, sorry for my poor english sometimes.

I have a question. If the brazilian server do not work as you wanted and it is not viable to open a server in Brazil, would we have at least one gateway to improve our connection with the US servers?

Hi Tornado,

In the case you mention, we'll certainly do whatever we can.  I'm not sure what that would be (yet), but we'll certainly try.

Hello everyone! 

Is good to see Crowfall have intention on release in Brazilian market...

I'm Portuguese and i like that ours Brazilian brothers get some attention and plans regarding their future on the game. 

About game localizations as a personal opinion dont mind Brazilian market get their on Portuguese translation version as do we Portugal and so on (Portuguese language is spread from Europe to some Africa, Asia and Américas countries and or States), but i think would be wise to do as standard worldwide Portuguese version (One version for each market would be too much and not worth of investiment in my humble opinion...).

As for Portugal market and Crowfall's implementation, as of now due to lack of advertisement and minor gaming community i see the only viable choise is the european servers as majority of games do (and we generally dont mind at all ;) ).

Cya guys.

2 minutes ago, Tofyzer said:

Hello everyone! 

Is good to see Crowfall have intention on release in Brazilian market...

I'm Portuguese and i like that ours Brazilian brothers get some attention and plans regarding their future on the game. 

About game localizations as a personal opinion dont mind Brazilian market get their on Portuguese translation version as do we Portugal and so on (Portuguese language is spread from Europe to some Africa, Asia and Américas countries and or States), but i think would be wise to do as standard worldwide Portuguese version (One version for each market would be too much and not worth of investiment in my humble opinion...).

As for Portugal market and Crowfall's implementation, as of now due to lack of advertisement and minor gaming community i see the only viable choise is the european servers as majority of games do (and we generally dont mind at all ;) ).

Cya guys.

We agree with you, Tofyzer.  When we localize non-Brazilian Portuguese, it will be one version for the rest of the world.

As a brazilian player I see this as a good news, but I also concern about the 6 month testing on pre-alpha.... I'am pretty sure you can get a good answer from the brazilian market, just need to work it right.

Not sure how this test will turn out to be. Brazilian players and beta testing dont mesh that well.

If possible and it is not a major PITA  would like if we could get some reports telling how much players are logging on this server. Also what is you minimum value to consider this succesful and what you are looking for exactly. Just so we can follow how this test is going.

It would certainly make all players you currently have to bring as much new blood as possible with a visible objective.