Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DocHollidaze

Simple update to make forts more valuable to hold.

Recommended Posts

Currently, taking and holding forts only really have value for crafting, and when people build up their EK's much less so. Over time this seems to cause a drag on activity to contest forts. Sure, it moves the campaign victory meter, but even that has no direct impact on players when somebody "wins".

At the very least, adding a tangible and real bonus to players who work at keeping control of forts/keeps in game would likely drive more PvP activity or activity in general.

Here is my suggestion:

Have a new item called a "Favor Token" made dispensable on a set timer from the Dragon Shrine in forts, available for us to the players of the faction owning said fort. Whether it is once per day or multiple times per day, the player goes to the fort(s) they control and interact with the shrine, and receive a Favor Token.

Version 1 (simple) - Players can exchange these tokens through the sacrifice altar to receive a large amount of vessel experience.

Version 2 (more complex) - Players can exchange these tokens to a special vendor in their Beachhead that provides resources of varying types.

The result of this system is that factions that work at controlling forts/keeps will gradually accrue a tangible benefit to their actual gameplay. It will then feel rewarding to expend this effort and also provide motivation for other factions to take away that benefit to prevent their enemies from getting too powerful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of the Poi mechanics are even fully outlined.  The forts in are just test capture mechanics, breaking, building, guards...what they are now is not their designed end game so why do you think they need to add stuff just so people can treat testing like its the actual game?  Asking them to divert time and money from their schedule so we can play an unfinished version of the game more is just blatantly selfish.  Test when you can but otherwise assume you will have to do other things if you want a constant source of entertainment. 

 

They have a schedule, let them follow it for custards sake instead of every day people asking for content in the pre alpha...


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mandalore said:

None of the Poi mechanics are even fully outlined.  The forts in are just test capture mechanics, breaking, building, guards...what they are now is not their designed end game so why do you think they need to add stuff just so people can treat testing like its the actual game?  Asking them to divert time and money from their schedule so we can play an unfinished version of the game more is just blatantly selfish.  Test when you can but otherwise assume you will have to do other things if you want a constant source of entertainment. 

 

They have a schedule, let them follow it for custards sake instead of every day people asking for content in the pre alpha...

blah blah copy/paste usual response to say don't do stuff because diverting resources.

I'm not asking them to do anything, I'm putting forth an idea. jesus christ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 2 .. no

Version 1? Honestly wouldn't be that hard. The dragon statues are a model in game (obviously), just as the wells are. Tech is already there

Create a token (not a lot of art resources being diverted) and assign a value to be chucked into the brazier. I like it. Beats the custard out of crafting arrows.


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody doesn't like constructive criticism of their bad idea.  We don't even know what they plan for poi's.  We have no idea how forts will work, not anything past they can be claimed and "this" is a throne mechanic.  You're asking for testing content at your convenience so you have more to do?  I wonder how many posts there are asking the devs to add things simply so people can play this game as if it were finished.  Suggest balance changes that you have experienced, suggest things they might not have thought of, report bugs but I assure you they know their game isn't finished yet and so all of this is just asking for testing alms. 

 

Why am I white knighting the mods?  Isn't this Jah's job? 

Jack since this will inevitably be reported, don't forget the rooster sound board. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly all they need to do is add a cumulative ticking scoreboard that gives each faction 10 points a minute for holding a fort and 20 a minute for holding the keep.

A simplistic hooligan measuring tool like this would drive A LOT of conflict even if the objectives don't mean anything right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

 Beats the custard out of crafting arrows.

I don't think they thought out the vessel xp system that well if people are maxing vessels as quickly as we currently are. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zybak said:

Honestly all they need to do is add a cumulative ticking scoreboard that gives each faction 10 points a minute for holding a fort and 20 a minute for holding the keep.

A simplistic hooligan measuring tool like this would drive A LOT of conflict even if the objectives don't mean anything right now. 

I mean, you can log in every day and see the winning meter show Order owning everything pretty much all the time, not sure a numerical score really adds much more. People don't bother taking them away because 1. they don't get contested activity much, and so taking a fort is just boring PvE activity, and 2. they don't need the forts.

  

 

People can say all they want about this being a test environment, if forts don't provide anything of value in the "real game" I don't think they will drive much PvP there either. Taking a fort is either boring or a pain in the ass. Currently all it provides is a drop off point for loot and a spawn point. If you don't get anything tangible from owning them, what do you get at the end of the "real" campaign from owning them? Accumulated victory points?

This is just some idea-crafting for stuff that as part of the suppose stuff we are suppose to be letting ACE just get to, hasn't even been revealed - so I assume ACE hasn't figure it all out yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DocHollidaze said:

People can say all they want about this being a test environment, if forts don't provide anything of value in the "real game" I don't think they will drive much PvP there either.

Would that be because the game loop isn't finished and we don't actually know what forts, keeps and Poi's will actually do?  I think there's a phrase for where the game is development wise, oooooo yea its called pre-alpha.  Eventually they will do a new release for why we should be fighting on live but the reason we should be fighting now is to test things and if that's not motivation enough for you then maybe you should sit out for a while. Take a break, there's no shame in not enjoying what currently is in.  It''s okay, we accept and understand your frustration, all of us also want the game finished but your asking for testing content that may or may not make it into the game simply so you have more to do.  Play a moba, I bet fortnight is just the right speed for you to play.  Play other games and TEST pre-alpha Crowfall.  REASON WILL PREVAIL!

 

 

Rooster soundboard, never forget!


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I don't think they thought out the vessel xp system that well if people are maxing vessels as quickly as we currently are. 

Probably not. Basically you go grey/white/green to 25 and throw gold in the fire for the last 5. If you didn't have the wood, and had to farm the gold, you could do it in a day easy. Just a couple hours crafting otherwise.

"Ideally" I'd like there to be an XP system for PvP and PvE activity that leveled your vessel. It would give people some tangible feeling or "progress". Not keen on the whole "Brazier Dump". But that's another topic, and it would take implementing anentirely new system..


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Armegeddon said:

Probably not. Basically you go grey/white/green to 25 and throw gold in the fire for the last 5. If you didn't have the wood, and had to farm the gold, you could do it in a day easy. Just a couple hours crafting otherwise.

"Ideally" I'd like there to be an XP system for PvP and PvE activity that leveled your vessel. It would give people some tangible feeling or "progress". Not keen on the whole "Brazier Dump". But that's another topic, and it would take implementing anentirely new system..

Do you think they know that people maxed them the same day?  I wonder if that's intended but I guess I will ask them during the next live-stream, don't wanna go off topic of the OP asinine request. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Would that be because the game loop isn't finished and we don't actually know what forts, keeps and Poi's will actually do?  I think there's a phrase for where the game is development wise, oooooo yea its called pre-alpha.  Eventually they will do a new release for why we should be fighting on live but the reason we should be fighting now is to test things and if that's not motivation enough for you then maybe you should sit out for a while. Take a break, there's no shame in not enjoying what currently is in.  It''s okay, we accept and understand your frustration, all of us also want the game finished but your asking for testing content that may or may not make it into the game simply so you have more to do.  Play a moba, I bet fortnight is just the right speed for you to play.  Play other games and TEST pre-alpha Crowfall.  REASON WILL PREVAIL!

 

 

Rooster soundboard, never forget!

 

You keep coming back to this idea that I need to play other things or I'm not having fun. How about you stop wrongly assuming my feelings about the current game?

because you are so off base its just obnoxious that you post here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

I mean, you can log in every day and see the winning meter show Order owning everything pretty much all the time, not sure a numerical score really adds much more. People don't bother taking them away because 1. they don't get contested activity much, and so taking a fort is just boring PvE activity, and 2. they don't need the forts.

  People can say all they want about this being a test environment, if forts don't provide anything of value in the "real game" I don't think they will drive much PvP there either. Taking a fort is either boring or a pain in the ass. Currently all it provides is a drop off point for loot and a spawn point. If you don't get anything tangible from owning them, what do you get at the end of the "real" campaign from owning them? Accumulated victory points?

Unfortunately, because of EKs you are correct. If you had to control a fort or keep to craft.... there would be a ton of activity.


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

Unfortunately, because of EKs you are correct. If you had to control a fort or keep to craft.... there would be a ton of activity.

Eh, eventually testing gets boring but that's just the circle of testing while we wait for content.

 

7 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

 

You keep coming back to this idea that I need to play other things or I'm not having fun. How about you stop wrongly assuming my feelings about the current game?

because you are so off base its just obnoxious that you post here

Whoa whoa whoa you are complaining bromego and I'm just trying to make suggestions you are probably aware of but for your benefit.  If you aren't happy with the testing schedule they have then maybe you should play other things in between the patches.  There are tons of things they need to work on, lets give them the time and support they need to finish the game and lets do it together brah. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

Unfortunately, because of EKs you are correct. If you had to control a fort or keep to craft.... there would be a ton of activity.

I'm pretty sure this will be curtailed to some degree in a real campaign, but there hasn't been any details on what import export might look like right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Eh, eventually testing gets boring but that's just the circle of testing while we wait for content.

 

Whoa whoa whoa you are complaining bromego and I'm just trying to make suggestions you are probably aware of but for your benefit.  If you aren't happy with the testing schedule they have then maybe you should play other things in between the patches.  There are tons of things they need to work on, lets give them the time and support they need to finish the game and lets do it together brah. 

I'm not complaining, that is where you are obnoxious. I'm submitting new ideas on a forum which has the expressed purpose of submitting new ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DocHollidaze said:

I'm pretty sure this will be curtailed to some degree in a real campaign, but there hasn't been any details on what import export might look like right?

The original concept show dregs with no imports and bonus exports since there was more value in the resources there than other campaigns but that's all been scrapped so we don't know.  Eventually, they will tell us but I don't think that's coming in 5.7 but hey moongates, cosmetic night/day cycles, stoneborn master race and dynamic world generation should drive PvP for at least a day or two. 

 

1 minute ago, DocHollidaze said:

I'm not complaining, that is where you are obnoxious. I'm submitting new ideas on a forum which has the expressed purpose of submitting new ideas.

Actually this is the general subsection, you're looking for the suggestions part of the boards.  Also, don't be so rude.  I said your idea was crap, not you.  I'm very sensitive to personal attacks. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really quick and dirty, all they really need to do to get people to hold them, is drop in a bunch of the auto fill with resource every so often chests in them, and plunk down some decent resource nodes inside the walls.

Put white/green mats in forts, and blue/purple in the keep.  

That will motivate people to hold them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Actually this is the general subsection, you're looking for the suggestions part of the boards.  Also, don't be so rude.  I said your idea was crap, not you.  I'm very sensitive to personal attacks. 

 

Sorry man, I lack the nuanced language skills to be nicely dismissive of somebody so oblivious. If I was nice about it, I doubt you would really get the picture.

You keep thinking I have a problem with the current testing game, or I'm bored, where in fact I foresee a potential problem with the future live game based on current experiences that can be extrapolated to fully implemented features. So, I put an idea I had in the forum. If ACE actually thinks the idea is so good that they divert resources to implement it now, that would probably suggest they think the problem is pretty severe.

Do you really think ACE needs you to forum police to keep them from being distracted by good or bad ideas? You have a highly inflated sense of your own necessity and a low appreciation for ACE's ability to focus on their real life profession.

Instead of assuming people on here are disappointed with their current playing experience why not consider assuming you don't know anything about other folks, because the reality is you don't.

Edited by DocHollidaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...