Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DocHollidaze

Simple update to make forts more valuable to hold.

27 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

Sorry man, I lack the nuanced language skills to be nicely dismissive of somebody so oblivious. If I was nice about it, I doubt you would really get the picture.

You keep thinking I have a problem with the current testing game, or I'm bored, where in fact I foresee a potential problem with the future live game based on current experiences that can be extrapolated to fully implemented features. So, I put an idea I had in the forum. If ACE actually thinks the idea is so good that they divert resources to implement it now, that would probably suggest they think the problem is pretty severe.

Do you really think ACE needs you to forum police to keep them from being distracted by good or bad ideas? You have a highly inflated sense of your own necessity and a low appreciation for ACE's ability to focus on their real life profession.

Instead of assuming people on here are disappointed with their current playing experience why not consider assuming you don't know anything about other folks, because the reality is you don't.

So you're a prophet now?  You foresee problems in a mechanic that's obviously not finished nor has been outlined before us?  You're asking for content in testing, that's just weird.  I also appreciate your use of thesauruses.com for that dismissive and nuanced appreciation of my obliviousness.  You can still be my huckleberry though mate, I forgive you.  You should turn that insightful foresight towards bug reports.  Honestly, this has just devolved into custardery because you can't handle constructive criticism and that's fine, not everybody can.  People often mistake any criticism for trolling and become hostile, it's just who we are.  I stand by my statement that asking them to add content to test so you can play more is an absolute waste of time and resources. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

This is obviously a topic that many people are interested in and have strong opinions about so I don't want to shut down the discussion; however, I do need to remind everyone to stay on topic and avoid personal attacks and, to borrow a phrase Gordon uses often, "towel popping" each other. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

This is a "now" problem, but not necessarily a "future" problem. We know that imports and exports will work differently than they do now. We know that there will be campaigns that don't allow imports at all, so crafting in the EK will be moot. 

We also know that in the guild-based campaigns, players will decide where to place the forts and keeps and they will build them. If a guild goes through that much effort to build a fort/keep, I think they are going to be motivated to hold it.

We also know that there will be different rules for sieges that will limit when they can occur.

We also know that populations will be much larger. We won't have a case where there are only 1 or 2 players online for a given faction.

So the real question is, does this need to be addressed now, or can it wait until the future state when other game systems are more complete? IMO, it can wait. With the given population, it's kind of pointless to try to fix it now. I was harvesting this morning. There were 13 people in the campaign and I was the only one on Order. There just aren't enough people playing most of the time to make fort defense viable. 

TBH a quick fix to make forts and keeps more valuable is to set imports on the CWs to 0.  If you want to craft you need a fort/keep. Easy to do and no extra systems required.  It will drive more PvP and give a reason to fight.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

28 minutes ago, Destrin said:

TBH a quick fix to make forts and keeps more valuable is to set imports on the CWs to 0.  If you want to craft you need a fort/keep. Easy to do and no extra systems required.  It will drive more PvP and give a reason to fight.

Amen... but... the EK crafters would scream.... so it'll never happen. At least in this "Pre-Alpha" environment.

1 hour ago, Destrin said:

I suspect they need crafting and EK economy points tested more than they need to have the keep value driven up at this point in time, otherwise the imports/exports would not be constantly replenished during even these short campaigns.

Just now, KrakkenSmacken said:

I suspect they need crafting and EK economy points tested more than they need to have the keep value driven up at this point in time, otherwise the imports/exports would not be constantly replenished during even these short campaigns.

This is probably true. 

I would like to see how they accomplish the in-CW economy as well with out the need for exports/imports.  I think there is a major disconnect between limited import/export and the EK economy that many people envision and I am not really sure how ACE is going to accomplish this.  I would be fine if EKs were just trophy rooms and player housing and had little to no economic value. 

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

The problem is while it may be a quick fix it can set progress back by multiple days. Taking one engineer off whatever they are working on has a ripple effect on the rest of the teams output. More meaningful pvp would be awsome, but not at the expense of progress.

There is an easy way to do this which I have mentioned before, just make the throne in the Fort Lodge grant the same crafting buff Leadership does. This is not something overpowered since many people will have that buff anyway, but it would add value to these Forts and be of benefit to players who may not have Leadership trained...

1 hour ago, Anthrage said:

There is an easy way to do this which I have mentioned before, just make the throne in the Fort Lodge grant the same crafting buff Leadership does. This is not something overpowered since many people will have that buff anyway, but it would add value to these Forts and be of benefit to players who may not have Leadership trained...

Heck, why not let it stack with leadership TBH.

It isn't as if that buff alone is some massive guarantor of better quality. Its a minimally effective extra experimentation point (or two in this case) and some assembly/experimentation chances. Its not like you're doomed to noncompetitive gear without it.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"