Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ACE_JackalBark

Beware the Hunger - Official Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, ACE_Jackal said:

The Hunger is a dark force with a massive impact on the worlds of Crowfall.

FULL STORY

sounding good and nice to see the gif.

will be great to see it all come together when ready.

i am curious how Thralls will relate to day, night and seasons and corruption.

p.s.

cough is this a typo in end summary?

The day/sight cycle

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

It would be great if all of the random spawning death crystals could be in front of balance beachhead, we could just call it bad rng and shrug. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

DESTROYING THE INFECTION
Spirit tools can be used to clear the site of an infection by destroying the crystalline structure. Destroying the hunger crystal will return the area to its natural state, at which point the resources can once again be harvested – until that infection returns. Eliminating one hunger crystal might temporarily clear an area, but it won’t stop the disease. The contamination will inevitably spread the following night – perhaps in the same location, perhaps elsewhere in the world. Much like a disease, it can be challenging to predict where it will spread.

^The above wording seems to heavily imply the infection will come back in the same place. As in removing the hunger crystal is a temporary measure and not as if the new respaw point is RNG based (it is random, right?). The end kinda makes it clear but it sounds confusing IMO.

Unlike the hunger crystals (which will persist if they aren't eradicated), Hunger-infected creatures cannot survive sunlight... so if you can make it to the morning, these creatures will be destroyed.

Some creatures may be spared by being near a heat source, like a campfire. This can offer them some measure of protection in the warmer months when the contagion is easier to fend off. But no beast is safe from the Hunger’s icy death-grip as the nights grow longer and winter settles in.

I had to re-read to understand you meant spared from being infected and not from disappearing at sunlight which was what we were talking before. Might want to make it clearer.

6 hours ago, Tinnis said:

p.s.

cough is this a typo in end summary?

The day/sight cycle

You are correct, the day and blue cycle shuoldn't be confused with anything sight related.

"We continue to research the mysterious force that the common folk call the Hunger.
Our efforts are stymied by the contagion; which resists even the power of the divine.
We have never seen a plague which eats through flesh and stone alike!
It spreads from a man to his bed, to his house and his farm...
…to his neighbor, his village, his priest and his king.

Blood and bone, rock and tree.  All life. All warmth. All is consumed.

As I write this, my pen falters.  I feel the infection crawling up my hand to my chest... 
It throbs with a heartbeat that drowns out my own, a funeral drum that gains strength,
Even as my own breath falters..."

The Archives of the Mother Church, Archdiocese of Cautemer,
Transcribed from a letter purportedly by Father Fruehmeyer of Alabanthar

We can find no further evidence of any world by this name.

I hope all this lore gets its own tab on the main site someday.

And Todd, if you ever retire, I hope you write a novel.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger