I'd say 2 hours spent gathering

30 minutes crafting

2 minutes doing pvp

I'd say. the priorities are WAY off

i think it should be the exact opposite

2 hours doing pvp

30 minutes gathering

2 minutes crafting.

I feel very strongly about this. and i think the community at large feels this way too.

i could devise... many .. many ways to make this doable.

one - abundantly easily accessible common gear i.e. shops

two- rare resources that lead to advantageous gear at highly contested areas. and lets make them give some good bonuses eh?

3- reduce craft time

4. INCREASE durability on gear by... ALOT!!!

"i gather resources to craft.                                                                      I pvp to run away so i can not lose my resources

i craft to build gear                                                                                    i gather resources to make cool gear

i build gear so i can -- PVP -> desired  mechanics               i need cool gear to stay alive longer to farm more resources and build stuff in forts --> current mechanics

at what point can i stop playing runescape

Edited by beandip

Posted (edited)

1000 others won't be doing it right and quit. my deflated ball will be WHAT everyone gets when they first start this game. and its a huge turn off.

got my friend to buy this game. quit day one. i dont' even play that much anymore, mostly just log in to do my skills

and thanks for the metaphor

this game is like getting a deflated ball and being told to go play basketball

you then spend countless hours on the sideline air up your ball

to play 2 minutes of basketball before having to do it all over again

Edited by beandip

Posted (edited)

cool maybe after i have a rune pick and a fully skilled out tree. i didn't post here to get poorly made socks  on. im trying to make the game better, take your childish views and gtfo

Edited by beandip

Posted (edited)

my play time each day for this game is lower each time . and its not "pre alpha" its the game mechanics. im at the point where i log in and do my skills and log off to play something more  fun.

im not getting what i need as a gamer playing this game at the moment.

too much time farming , not enough time pvp. this is classic runescape

the grind is almost worst than wow

this games mechanics are harvest to build gear

build gear to harvest more ore.

get more ore to build more gear.

more gear to take a fort to build more gear so i can harvest more resources to build more gear.

are there really enough resource nodes to support... maybe 2000 people on one server? no.

your gear would break faster than you could farm nodes

an unpopular game would have maybe 5000 people playing it.

a popular game would have upwards of 200k on at a given time

could this game REALLY support 10000 people on a server competing for these nodes WITH the current game mechanics?

At what point am i building gear to pvp?

Edited by beandip

I agree with OP, Crowfall is currently feels like a farming sim.  However, it's been discussed to death and I'm certain the devs have received the message.

Well farming sims don't really have people ganking you while you try to farm. It comes down to a balance your guild will have people who craft stuff for the people doing the pvp. People who pvp will be guarding the people who harvest materials.

But I agree it is to much like real life as far as time consuming But that is what it will feel like when the game first launches everyone will be gathering to make better gear for pvp. It will take time for the game to mature and as the economy gets into full swing and you can buy and sell goods easier.

Unlike most games this one has no Global Market So buying and selling are very limited which I think will be bad. You need to make it easier for players to buy and sell goods. Right now its like a major pain to find out what you need. I will have to visit maybe hundreds of EK's and check Thousands of vendors for what I am looking for. Each EK is going to be totally different and you might have a hard time finding peoples vendors. It seams to cumbersome Right now imagine what its going to be like with 10,000 or more players.

1 hour ago, beandip said:

cool maybe after i have a rune pick and a fully skilled out tree. i didn't post here to get poorly made socks  on. im trying to make the game better, take your childish views and gtfo

You kind of did though...

Zatch has a guild of people to help him, hes trained to farm a specific thing, they have a division of labor to benefit off each others work and he knows what he is doing/where he is going.  You're doing this solo, which you cant really do and then complaining about it.  This game is about groups and communities, not this solo hogwash play and if you can't get past that then you wasted some money. 

Harvesting is a huge part of this game and a lot of people think the focus on it is too high (I'm one of them) but also understand you're doing it the hardest way you can and then whingeing about it.

its the simplest way, and its what most beginners will do first

i see new people testing the game out

i don't see them after a couple days.

they quit

I kind of miss how black desert did gathering you could hire npc workers to go gather stuff and craft stuff for you while you did other things in the game that were actually fun.

You still had to feed and manage the workers so it was not completely hands free but it did allow for you to spend quality time in the game doing things you enjoy doing.

I do not see any way to do that in this game. I know they have thralls and factories with blue prints that can produce product for you in mass but getting the materials will be the hard part.

Posted (edited)

the mechanics are there. its just backwards in priorities imo.  pvp is fun but too sparse and when it does happen  the cost of getting killed is too high, gathering is fun " to an extent" .  .crafting is fun but too long, managing skills is fun. testing out new disciplines is fun. trying different character builds and combining talents for optimal strategies is fun

gathering is too excessive though

pvp is too costly

crafting too long

Edited by beandip

2 hours ago, beandip said:

my play time each day for this game is lower each time . and its not "pre alpha" its the game mechanics. im at the point where i log in and do my skills and log off to play something more  fun. 

This is your fault. My guild constantly finds pop in game, and its because we "gasp" know where to find it. Crowfall is a game with a significant amount of player skill involved outside of just hitting your buttons. Map layout plays a significant role in being good at this game.

im not getting what i need as a gamer playing this game at the moment.

This sounds like a personal problem. You don't want to go farm in the world where the is possible pvp, but you complain about the lack of pvp 

too much time farming , not enough time pvp. this is classic runescape

the grind is almost worst than wow

If WoW is what you consider grind I don't know what to tell you. This is an MMO along the lines of UO, Shadowbane etc. I think you should have read more into what the game is before you try to change it

this games mechanics are harvest to build gear

build gear to harvest more ore.

get more ore to build more gear.

more gear to take a fort to build more gear so i can harvest more resources to build more gear.

ITS ALMOST AS IF ITS A GAMEPLAY LOOP. 

are there really enough resource nodes to support... maybe 2000 people on one server? no.

Have you read anything about this game? The current islands are not built to have 2000 people on them. 

your gear would break faster than you could farm nodes

You are doing it wrong.

an unpopular game would have maybe 5000 people playing it.

a popular game would have upwards of 200k on at a given time

could this game REALLY support 10000 people on a server competing for these nodes WITH the current game mechanics?

At what point am i building gear to pvp?

Crowfall is a sandbox. You get to choose when your gear is good enough, not the developers.

Real question, have you ever actually played an MMO that came out before WoW?

Posted (edited)

your missing the point, and ignored .

The goal is to make crowfall better, if you have nothing constructive to add then keep it to yourself.

the game could hardly hold 150 people.

my problem is probably others peoples problems.

WoW was a huge grind, a FACT later corrected in pvp. albeit too late as they have continually problems maintaining player base at previous values.

the gameplay loop is too heavily rotated around harvesting.

im not doing it wrong anymore, i stopped playing until my skills have progressed to make AND farm better gear faster.  keyword stopped as many other Beginner players have done

i made the font bigger so you could actually get the point

Edited by beandip

15 minutes ago, beandip said:

your missing the point, and ignored .

The goal is to make crowfall better, if you have nothing constructive to add then keep it to yourself.

Making it easier for people to play Crowfall solo will not make it "better".

Group-focused play is a core tenet of Crowfall's design. Another tenet is the strategy layer that centers around resource control and harvesting.

Your post suggests removing both of those tenets in order to facilitate people to do more PvP, bit the reality is it will just make the game more like ESO where a bunch of people run around disorganized doing there own thing in a world where nothing matters and everything is pretty easy to get.

Posted (edited)

the point of my post is to make game more oriented toward pvp and less oriented toward gathering,  keep the groups , keep your guilds, ill spend 3 times as long doing it solo, thats my choice. but like i said

2 minutes costly pvp,

2 hours of gathering / 6? for normal people with guilds thats like 20 minutes?  

30 or so odd minutes of crafting

for every 40 minutes of crafting / gathering, how much pvp will someone get out of it.. and .. will it be worth it.

I want to build gear TO PVP not build gear to run away and custard it if i get 2 good hours of pvp for 40 minutes of gathering... that would be...alright

AND my point is i think the game will be better if geared more toward that

Edited by beandip

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, beandip said:

the point of my post is to make game more oriented toward pvp and less oriented toward gathering,  keep the groups , keep your guilds, ill spend 3 times as long doing it solo, thats my choice.

Perhaps surprisingly to you, there are folks that want PvP that is grounded by a foundation of strategic play. The harvesting burden has already been toned down with the introduction of the seasonal "Spring" passive bonus - though with it being removed and enhanced in the negative during "Winter".

Might as well save your typing, the reality is you're not going to convince very many people on here that Crowfall gameplay should be optimized for solo players, much less ACE the developers of the game. There are games that already provide that kind of experience.

(And I'm saying this as somebody who intends to play solo.)

Edited by DocHollidaze

Posted (edited)

still missing the point Theres a huge deterrent to pvp.

inventory loss, durability loss. and for what? a fort? i can just go to the ek.

the gathering time and crafting time are too much for the sparse amount of pvp that you get out of it

i agree with you completely with your guilds and hogwash, and im sure when the game has better mechanics for it ill join one.

BUT i dont really see the point since my "guild" should be the 50 other balance/ chaos / order people on my side. and i can easily talk on server chat to find a group to "farm "

How many deaths can you get with your gear? 15 tops? if you spend the 10 minutes to walk back to your body every time? how long did it take you to build that gear? with higher population server is it really hard to not get 15 deaths in span of 2 hours?

sure groups? ok got it. both sides do groups and have huge team battles..? but you still die? 9 deaths later your gears broke and your off spending 40 minutes with your team gathering

Edited by beandip

This issue could easily be solved by disabling exporting untill the final few days of a campaign and increasing the size of the chests in the beachhead/forts/keep to be somewhat comparable with the spirit banks size (possibly even having larger chests in the forts and an even larger one in the keep *See Lower Portion for continuation of this idea*) so people can actually store their materials.

The reason it feels like the game revolves around harvesting is because, harvesters spend their time harvesting and banking full stacks (or for people who dont understand imports/exports, banking non full stacks). Because of this, when harvesters actually get ganked, they rarely have many resources, and if they do have a descent amount they try to run and bank stuff on the fly until they die, which means the PvPers arent getting the massive hauls of free mats they are supposed to gain from ganking unprepared harvesters.

Then if some PvPers protect their harvester, in 90% of cases no one will try and pick because most people only pick on harvesters because they cant really fight back, so the PvPers just sit there waiting for their harvester to harvest because most people are to scared to confront them, meaning they dont get any PvP at that point either.

And the crafters either are also the harvesters, or are just waiting for harvesters to complete harvesting loops to come drop off some mats so that the crafters can start crafting.

Now onto the chest conversation, if they did restrict exports to the end of campaigns, then they should double the size of Crypt and Beach Head Chests (compared to current size), 4x or 6x the size of the inventory for chests in the fort, and making the Keeps storage size be equal to the size of a spirit bank. Then remove the Recovery banks from the beachhead.

This will also solve the problem of making the Structures worth fighting over, because 1) you get more places to store all these mats you keep gathering and 2) if you have all your ore stored in brookhurst and you need some ore but an enemy owns brook, then your group needs to go take over brook so you can get your mats back.

...I lost track of where i was going with all this so imma just leave this here as is