beandip

game mechanics leans too far on gathering

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Jjusticar said:

Except they have no reason to test combat any more. Thats the point of the "game" atm. Not to get phat resources. Not to fight people. Its to make sure everything works

I'm talking about options for after the game launches. More options will draw more people. Plus it's fun to have variations of combat scenarios and short round times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beandip said:

 

ignore jjusticar, hes not really adding any ideas to the table. he is just taking poorly made sockss on everyone. hes practically dead set on keeping the game boring as custard.

Lol. I'm adding counter ideas to yours. But ok. Nice man, you're obviously super knowledable about the game and its mechanics and definitely thinking about it on a larger scale than a pre-alpha population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Starting is important. That is true. Buth the thing is right from the start the game should give the player what this is all about. It must make clear that a lonesome wolf dont get very far. . Sorry but the game takes the second M in MMORPG serious. You need a guild to get progress. If you want to be a lonesome wolf who can do anything alone than this is not the right game for you. Where is the reason to give the new player a better solo start when the truth is that they can't archive anything alone.  They need to know right from the start where this will be going.

And the game does not lean so much on farming. You only feel that way because you do it all by yourself. There is not much PVP going around at the moment, and since you have no one to help you need to do crafting by yourself. In a guild normally everyone has a role. So my PVP part will be to a minimum because I craft Items for my guild. Others have little crafting time because all they do is fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jjusticar said:

I am in the camp of crafting taking too many resources atm and would like to see white level resources in abundance

On point to the discussion, thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2018 at 6:21 PM, beandip said:

its the simplest way, and its what most beginners will do first

i see new people testing the game out

i don't see them after a couple days.

they quit

 

/agree 1000% 

I have been testing 2 years and I quit after each patch and I am reduced as a solo player to doing this...i cannot believe this is what the devs feel is a fun game loop

it is the exact opposite and everyday I wish I could get my $ back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, beandip said:

some people spend 2 hours making and farming a gear set. to get ganked on beach head gettin 2 shotted 600 durability => 500 durability. thats like 20 minutes of my time plus whatever harvesting time i lost because some unpleasant person decided to kill a nub. and you know what . i dont' blame him its rather fun, but the cost to me IS WAY too high. Sure my process is inefficient sure i don't have a guild but alot of people starting out    will feel the same way i do , disgruntled off and not fun. And this starting out period is very important since the first week of playing a game gets people to play more. Most people will not be like OH wow... i didn't have fun today.. maybe after i invest weeks into it ... maybe ill have fun on week 4?,  generally speaking AFTER ive played a game for a week or so... ill be like DAMN im having fun, id like to join more people get into a guild for MORE fun cause im already having a good time, most peoples thought process are not like .. damn.. im not having any fun... maybe i can join a guild so i can reduce the amount of not fun im getting.

 

a solution? maybe raise durabilty... alot? 3k would be dope? make it feel like the time i spent gathering and crafting is worth something, This would also Reduce the gathering loop time intervals, also reduce the deterrant to pvp.... AND THEN we could just do what most games are about. having fun killing each other.

TAKE away all the gear ALL the levels ALL the stupid custard gathering

and i would have WAY more fun playing this game on a small map of capture the flag BATTLE ROYAL BABY!

Give me a server where i can just kill people and you'll see the testing population double => triple => quadruple

50k backers       <1% testing .... i wonder why

You'll see the gathering server go to nil.

 

 

MY time is worth something  

 

 

 

thank you - I feel the same way

MAKE JOINING A GUILD A REQUIREMENT and easy in -game mechanics to support it

or create a game that every solo player can do everything a guild can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Huntero said:

The Starting is important. That is true. Buth the thing is right from the start the game should give the player what this is all about. It must make clear that a lonesome wolf dont get very far. . Sorry but the game takes the second M in MMORPG serious. You need a guild to get progress. If you want to be a lonesome wolf who can do anything alone than this is not the right game for you. Where is the reason to give the new player a better solo start when the truth is that they can't archive anything alone.  They need to know right from the start where this will be going.

And the game does not lean so much on farming. You only feel that way because you do it all by yourself. There is not much PVP going around at the moment, and since you have no one to help you need to do crafting by yourself. In a guild normally everyone has a role. So my PVP part will be to a minimum because I craft Items for my guild. Others have little crafting time because all they do is fight.

i don't see anyone doing anything. current server population on friday night -> 20. pre alpha? no its not that its pre alpha. no matter how poorly made socksty graphics. how poorly made sockst the bugs are no matter how sand box it is. PEOPLE will play a game if it is fun.  if these guilds ARE SO NECESSARY to game to have fun then by god as the previous person just posted make it mandatory and part of the mechanics. but.. I can bet you that this won't fix any problems. guilds aren't the problem its the PVP deterrent.

Edited by beandip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tested this game since 5.3 and ive always said that the item durability loss will put off many pvp players. Not just that but there isn't even a reason to kill players, there's no ranks or titles, no points to gain then to spend on new skills nothing, you kill players for a chance they are carrying aload of resources. They haven't even stated what will come into the game for pvp, apart from taking keeps/forts which in a way is old and gets pretty boring fast. I think someone had already hit the nail on the head, the game is a harvesting sim with basic pvp.

I can infact see that players will just go around naked and just use basic weapons to protect their best items from being damaged and tbh I don't blame them one bit, takes to long to make an item it takes to long to get harvest the resources to make the item to last what 16 deaths max, which could happen pretty quickly if you add a full campaign of players into the mix (1500 players per campaign I think they want).  

What id like to see in the game is a pvp rank system where u gain points per kill, points gets you ranks and with every rank gained you gain skill points to gain more stats or even to gain ranks on your skills ie: rank up Ambush on the assassin to rank 2,  so you can make your class unique to any other. Disciplines don't really do that as when ppl find out the best disciplines per class everyone else will just copy and don't get me started with the skill tree, its boring (wait 5 hours just to gain 1 point in str/dex/int etc...good one!) and eventually everyone will have the same pips in each field anyway.  As for the item duration, just make it so we can repair items depending on the quality, poor can be repaired 3 times, common 4 times etc etc, this will fix the issue, just add a repair kit for crafters to make and sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SittingBull said:

/agree 1000% 

I have been testing 2 years and I quit after each patch and I am reduced as a solo player to doing this...i cannot believe this is what the devs feel is a fun game loop

it is the exact opposite and everyday I wish I could get my $ back

its almost like within that 2 years you could have joined a guild and had a much better time. and its almost like the game isn't meant to be played completely solo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, xary said:

You’re  getting the typical responses. I swear it feels like these “testers” are trying to keep the game dull and boring. Definitely a sandbox game feeling more and more like a catbox needing emptying.

ive gathered a ton of wood for example. Rare and Epic but mostly common.To get better gear for three weeks now I’ve been trying to trade per the games mechanics for armor. Nothing. Crickets. 

So fortunately they’ve sped up training so I can do it myself. I shudder to think of launch with the same mechanism and no auction houses or any other options beyond traveling to EK after EK or being in an awesome 10 man guild as that’s all who’ll be online.

If you join a guild they will happily take the resources you gather and in return, give you gear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2018 at 7:38 PM, beandip said:

my play time each day for this game is lower each time . and its not "pre alpha" its the game mechanics. im at the point where i log in and do my skills and log off to play something more  fun.

In bold is where my eyes glazed over. Hopefully someone else set you straight in the several pages I'm not going to bother reading, but that bolded segment translates to "I do not know what I am talking about, and my opinions and suggestions are probably not worth reading until I take the time to learn more."

Pre-alpha is the part of game development where THE GAME MECHANICS ARE NOT IN THE GAME YET.

Check my sig if you have other questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, goose said:

In bold is where my eyes glazed over. Hopefully someone else set you straight in the several pages I'm not going to bother reading, but that bolded segment translates to "I do not know what I am talking about, and my opinions and suggestions are probably not worth reading until I take the time to learn more."

Pre-alpha is the part of game development where THE GAME MECHANICS ARE NOT IN THE GAME YET.

Check my sig if you have other questions.

maybe. its not the fact that " its pre alpha" its the too high cost ratios and pvp deterents.

like some other people have said.. its more like a cat litterbox than a sand box.

maybe read others post and stop being all tunnel vision about my word choice.

the goal of this forum is to push the devs to move the game in certain direction . IF they so choice to take notice.

The next patch is soon and id love to see them implement ways to reduce this deterrent.

I.E. increase durability , maybe only lose 40% of inventory?, things that aren't "game mechanics" BUT are such pieces of the game that would significantly effect the gaming loop that would make the game more fun for everyone , even the nubs.

 

Edited by beandip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, beandip said:

maybe. its not the fact that " its pre alpha" its the too high cost ratios and pvp deterents.

like some other people have said.. its more like a cat litterbox than a sand box.

maybe read others post and stop being all tunnel vision about my word choice.

the goal of this forum is to push the devs to move the game in certain direction . IF they so choice to take notice.

The next patch is soon and id love to see them implement ways to reduce this deterrent.

I.E. increase durability , maybe only lose 40% of inventory?, things that aren't "game mechanics" BUT are such pieces of the game that would significantly effect the gaming loop that would make the game more fun for everyone , even the nubs.

 

And again, expecting this sort of change to be made during pre-alpha game testing implies a fundamental lack of understanding about what pre-alpha game testing looks like and is for.

The issue isn't your word choice, but the premise upon which your suggestions are predicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

well custard me for trying.

good DAY to you sir.

 

Edited by beandip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, beandip said:

well custard me for trying.

good DAY to you sir.

You don't get brownie points for making suggestions if you insult every forum veteran who tries to talk to you about your suggestions.

Edit: at least, not with me. For all that my opinion matters.

Edited by goose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ANYways. i do expect changes. especially easy ones to make. im not asking to program me a new bow tie. im just asking to change a couple variables around

 

Edited by beandip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In point of fact, I don't even disagree with the premise of the thread. But at every interval, from the first post onward, you've been extremely combative and unwilling to entertain the thought that A: this is working as intended and B: it will not work this way when the game actually launches.

Pre-alpha testing is not supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun, that is neither a bug nor a feature - it's just..what pre-alpha testing looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beandip said:

ANYways. i do expect changes. especially easy ones to make. im not asking to program me a new bow tie. im just asking to change a couple variables around

 

Some of the changes you suggested are just switching variables around. Some of them are much more significant time investments for the developers.

All of them seem to be centered around the idea of making the game more fun, which again, is not the focus of pre-alpha testing.

This isn't the game yet; the goal isn't fun yet; the advertising push starts when core functionality is online; etc etc etc. That's what pre-alpha is. It isn't for everybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, beandip said:

sigh another tester set on keeping it boring as custard.

Not set on KEEPING it boring. Set on FINISHING THE BORING STUFF QUICKLY. Pre-alpha is ALWAYS BORING.

Pre-alpha testing also does not resemble the finished game.

What part of that is unclear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.