Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beandip

game mechanics leans too far on gathering

1 minute ago, Teufel said:

I would love to see imports/export banks only accessible at the crypts.

The banksize issue has been brought up in the dev forums, it's on the list to address, somewhere down the line. 

I would say make it crypts, beachheads/forts and keeps.  Beacheads because you should be "safe" there anyway, so you can't really use to to avoid a gank.

But yea, location restrictions would be nice to see.

They have said they will move that way, it just hasn't bubbled to the top of the priority list.

7 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

@beandip Honestly, just wait until closer to the game's launch, probably around beta or so, til there's a much higher population testing the game and a wider variety of gamers in these forums. Til then your voice will be just be drowned by those who genuinely don't mind spending hours farming mats in one of their multiple alt accounts, for that sweet 15 min of (usually laggy) pvp at the end of it all. Save a few notable exceptions, most others have either quit or are a lot less active now. A higher pop will definitely bring more opportunities for pvp as well, but these problems you outline now will still persist then and will still scare away potential players. Basically they wanted to make a strong and meaningful gear loop to drive pvp, but it turned out that this gear loop completely dominates the experience now, to the detriment of the pvp aspect. 

im just worried about the cost of pvp will be way too high, but this is the general sentiment i'm starting to see as i see new players stop playing or only logging in to do their skills.

the amount of "not fun from dieing" is way to much for the amount of fun i get from pvp.

guild or no guild , losing 100 durability just hurts way too much.

Edited by beandip

8 hours ago, Jjusticar said:

So the guy who tow trucks his body every time is complaining about PvP gear lasting only two minutes. Meanwhile I've used one set of gear for the entirety of the last campaign.

Then we have people complain that the game isnt fun when we have a fractionally small playerbase and not even close to all the game features. 

Then we have people complaining that they don't want to harvest and not realizing that in the bigger scope when the game isnt in pre-alpha and the player base hopefully isn't tiny, there should be plenty of options to buy mats or gear.

The game is dominated by guilds atm, solo players get pretty shafted, the economy has just begun to form (and is fractionally small of what it will be), and we get people complain about mechanics when they go about them in the least efficient way. And its almost like the primary reason of this phase is to make sure things work.

Gotta love it, though I am in the camo of crafting taking too many resources atm and would like to see white level resources in abundance

some people spend 2 hours making and farming a gear set. to get ganked on beach head gettin 2 shotted 600 durability => 500 durability. thats like 20 minutes of my time plus whatever harvesting time i lost because some unpleasant person decided to kill a nub. and you know what . i dont' blame him its rather fun, but the cost to me IS WAY too high. Sure my process is inefficient sure i don't have a guild but alot of people starting out    will feel the same way i do , disgruntled off and not fun. And this starting out period is very important since the first week of playing a game gets people to play more. Most people will not be like OH wow... i didn't have fun today.. maybe after i invest weeks into it ... maybe ill have fun on week 4?,  generally speaking AFTER ive played a game for a week or so... ill be like DAMN im having fun, id like to join more people get into a guild for MORE fun cause im already having a good time, most peoples thought process are not like .. damn.. im not having any fun... maybe i can join a guild so i can reduce the amount of not fun im getting.

a solution? maybe raise durabilty... alot? 3k would be dope? make it feel like the time i spent gathering and crafting is worth something, This would also Reduce the gathering loop time intervals, also reduce the deterrant to pvp.... AND THEN we could just do what most games are about. having fun killing each other.

TAKE away all the gear ALL the levels ALL the stupid custard gathering

and i would have WAY more fun playing this game on a small map of capture the flag BATTLE ROYAL BABY!

Give me a server where i can just kill people and you'll see the testing population double => triple => quadruple

50k backers       <1% testing .... i wonder why

You'll see the gathering server go to nil.

MY time is worth something  

Edited by beandip

14 hours ago, APE said:

If gear continues to be a heavy cost, running away will likely be a smart "strategy" which is kind of sad for a game that started with P2C.

This , this facet of the game, is what i'm trying to adress and urge the devs to move away from this optimal strategy which is so apparent.

55 minutes ago, beandip said:

TAKE away all the gear ALL the levels ALL the stupid custard gathering

and i would have WAY more fun playing this game on a small map of capture the flag BATTLE ROYAL BABY!

Here in lies the problem is that some of us don't want a battle royale type game. We want the RPG aspect that requires some work.

However you can have that right now in an EK.  Equip basic weapons and have fun.

lUvvzPy.png

1 hour ago, beandip said:

I mean, the new player experience will be implemented later on which will ease that transition. It's really not that bad. And id argue that

a ) most veteran players in the game right now playing in a guild will be playing inner bands while new players will be playing outer bands plus map size will be much more massive and will be much safer to farm. 

B )  the game is literally advertised and has been stated over and over as a group based game so complaining about being solo really isnt valid,

c ) new players will have many more options with a larger economy and playerbase to get started. 

Ya the game mechanics are punishing right now to newer players, that doesn't mean the game mechanics at launch will be punishing. Especially since the entire new player experience is missing atm. 

50k backers and <1% testing? Hmmmm maybe it has something to do with a lot of people not wanting to test a pre-alpha. Crazy thought I know. Its almost lile some people wanted to back the idea of the game to support it, and hold off on playing until a more finished product. Who would've thought.

Edited by Jjusticar

3 minutes ago, Teufel said:

Here in lies the problem is that some of us don't want a battle royale type game. We want the RPG aspect that requires some work.

However you can have that right now in an EK.  Equip basic weapons and have fun.

true, its not what im looking for either, but i think it would be a way better start than this loop they have going

Just now, beandip said:

true, its not what im looking for either, but i think it would be a way better start than this loop they have going

Yes testing a completely different game type while avoiding testing vendors, crafting, harvesting, AI, adventure zones, and much more would be great progress for the game.

Sorry but you missed the "battle royale" testing phase. 

38 minutes ago, Jjusticar said:

Yes testing a completely different game type while avoiding testing vendors, crafting, harvesting, AI, adventure zones, and much more would be great progress for the game.

Sorry but you missed the "battle royale" testing phase. 

like always . your missing the point and i don't want it to be SAFER i want ACTION BATTLES , i don't want a bigger map, i want to be able to interact with other players

LETS Group up MATES!!!!! GET THE RESOURCES!!!! MAN THE RAMPARTS CONTROL THE KEY POINTS!!! *grab the rockets while the other team Grabs the spartan LASER!!!!! (halo reference for those with limited gaming experiences)  (the spartan lazer being that lit ore that creates your godlike gear, that spartan lazer that creates that weapon that creates a FIRELY BLAZE across the battle field!!!! how your enemies will shudder after you farmed the rank 10 platinum ore OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY im gettin nervous at the crafting bench HOPE ITS A GREAT SUCESS.... but... as he smacks away at the hammer A LONE ASSASIN ATTACKS AT THE FORGE AND STEALS The GLORY HOLY poorly made socks WE LOST !!!! but it WAS a litttt battle mates, damn you see how they picked off our healer...  DAMN lets group up and do it again !!! LETS SHOW THEM WHAT WE GOT . I WANT THIS TO BE LIT.... i don't want it to be like....

i dont want my stratedgy to be

(dopey from winney the poo)  oh... here i go again,.... hope no one gankss meeeee while im farming this iron   ... or... heyyy guysssss im scurred.... can you group up with me so i can harvest for youuuuu while you put your thumb up your ass guarding me?

ohhh nuuuu here they come!!!1 ohhhhhhh nooooo RUN AWAY,.......

ohhh... i died guys... can you wait 30 minutes for me to recraft my .gear......ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh woe is me

Edited by beandip

3 minutes ago, beandip said:

like always . your missing the point 

Youre complaining about gathering taking too long and losing too much from dying without taking any action to actually help prevent that. Youre saying it will negatively impact new players who want to have fun. Well guess what...youre not every new player. When i started i found venturing out to harvest and craft some gear exciting. I found learning the game and getting into fights, even tho I got thrashed, really fun. I didn't come to the forums and complain, I just kept adventuring and having a good time. ACE is making a niche game for a nice audience. Maybe that's not you. 

I exactly get the point, its just a bad point. 

i don't want it to be SAFER i want ACTION BATTLES , i dont want my stratedgy to be ohhhhhhh nooooo RUN AWAY

So. Join. A. Guild. 

Wait. For. A. Bigger. Playerbase. 

Have you checked out Rend?

https://www.rendgame.com/

They are a ways off, but seems like a more streamlined concept that shares similarities with Crowfall and some others.

As much as I want a large scale MMO with deep/complex game play and features, much of CF's so far seem so only at first glance and it's more about waiting for time to tick by, grinding, and of course RNG.

Hopefully a more complete package will provide more entertainment, but will have to wait and see.

IMO, CF would be great if it offered alternative modes and servers. Battle Royale, very short duration campaigns, training and other features sped up independently of the overall game, etc. None of which should require heavy dev costs or upkeep. Don't draw any players? Shut them down.

1 hour ago, Jjusticar said:

Well guess what...youre not every new player.

true..... but... I AM NOT THE MINORITY . have fun playing by yourself.

22 minutes ago, beandip said:

He's not by himself...

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

You’re  getting the typical responses. I swear it feels like these “testers” are trying to keep the game dull and boring. Definitely a sandbox game feeling more and more like a catbox needing emptying.

ive gathered a ton of wood for example. Rare and Epic but mostly common.To get better gear for three weeks now I’ve been trying to trade per the games mechanics for armor. Nothing. Crickets. 

So fortunately they’ve sped up training so I can do it myself. I shudder to think of launch with the same mechanism and no auction houses or any other options beyond traveling to EK after EK or being in an awesome 10 man guild as that’s all who’ll be online.

On 6/28/2018 at 5:35 PM, dreaden said:

I agree with OP, Crowfall is currently feels like a farming sim.  However, it's been discussed to death and I'm certain the devs have received the message.

^^

tiPrpwh.png

3 hours ago, APE said:

Have you checked out Rend?

https://www.rendgame.com/

They are a ways off, but seems like a more streamlined concept that shares similarities with Crowfall and some others.

As much as I want a large scale MMO with deep/complex game play and features, much of CF's so far seem so only at first glance and it's more about waiting for time to tick by, grinding, and of course RNG.

Hopefully a more complete package will provide more entertainment, but will have to wait and see.

IMO, CF would be great if it offered alternative modes and servers. Battle Royale, very short duration campaigns, training and other features sped up independently of the overall game, etc. None of which should require heavy dev costs or upkeep. Don't draw any players? Shut them down.

Rend sounds pretty good. On the other hand, a few queues of battle royal or capture the flag in Crowfall for solo players could be a way to win resources to craft lower grade items.

3 hours ago, beandip said:

Except you obviously are lol.

1 hour ago, xary said:

You’re  getting the typical responses. I swear it feels like these “testers” are trying to keep the game dull and boring. Definitely a sandbox game feeling more and more like a catbox needing emptying.

ive gathered a ton of wood for example. Rare and Epic but mostly common.To get better gear for three weeks now I’ve been trying to trade per the games mechanics for armor. Nothing. Crickets. 

So fortunately they’ve sped up training so I can do it myself. I shudder to think of launch with the same mechanism and no auction houses or any other options beyond traveling to EK after EK or being in an awesome 10 man guild as that’s all who’ll be online.

Its almost like there's an entire discord and EK that are relatively active for economic purposes. Its almost like the economy just started this patch and is just now getting going. Its almost like at launch there will be multiple times more players then there is now to expand the economy, and its almost like there is multiple 30+ people guilds in game already. And its almost like the game becomes more exciting once more features are added and more players start playing. Its almost like there will be EKs that contain everything you'll want at launch. But nice meme man. 

38 minutes ago, Uziel_Lightwave said:

Rend sounds pretty good. On the other hand, a few queues of battle royal or capture the flag in Crowfall for solo players could be a way to win resources to craft lower grade items.

Except they have no reason to test combat any more. Thats the point of the "game" atm. Not to get phat resources. Not to fight people. Its to make sure everything works

1 hour ago, xary said:

thank god. someone with half a gaming sense. people keep saying... ITS PRE ALPHA..

fall damage is bugged. various memory leaks. content missing all over the place . buggy combat. 10 minute walks back to corpses.

but all these things... don't  really bother me.

its the direction of the game mechanics.

well... i think ive said my 2 cents, droppped some ideas. hope the game takes a better direction. ill hop on every now and then and try not to die of boredom.

Edited by beandip