Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reasons not to play a Confessor


Recommended Posts

Confessor has been the most nerfed class in the game and it's not even close. Just look around the game and see how many Confessor's actually play the game. For the most part they are all new players that don't know any better and soon reroll. Here is a small list of why no one plays Confessors anymore.

-Lowest starting HP in the game

- Went from the fastest toon to the slowest toon. Ya you can roll Elken for trailmaster but in combat it's just the same as all the other slow classes. ( Bring back 10 sec dash. The nerf was supposed to be for the woodelfs. No one in their right mind thought that the fessor dash was op)

-Armor starts at leather. You have to sacrifice a minor rune or 2 to get mail or plate.

So lowest hp, Slowest, and starts with leather.  That would be enough right ?

- Can't equip Surging Spirit so no healing off class opportunities.

- Can't equip Arcane archer or Sharp Shooter so no off class bow opportunities.

- Crafting book final dmg is like crafting in a -2 winter season so no good dmg from books.

- Pretty much have to use rightousness or you will run out of mana too fast

- Even with rightousness you need to slot your mana recharge ability with only 3 passive and 8 abilities slots...

- Mana shield is completely Broken.

- A knight can sit in your fire box or nova and almost kill you from it.

- Reduced our range to like 25-30m which is perfect for the lowest hp and lowest mobility in the game. Why wouldn't we want to be almost in melee range?

- Almost half of the disc runes have some kind of elemental dmg shield in it so Confessor's can get hard countered all the time.

Let me know what else you can think of guys!

 

ACE we need a severe change to confessor if you want people to actually play it.

 

Edited by Ginko

n0MnLtK.png?2

Link to post
Share on other sites

HP was changed to only differentiate between Ranged/Melee Class unless I'm missing something. 
I'd love to see more Confessors out in the field, sadly there is a reason (many actually) they are not.
Clerics and Rangers effectively have no Resource issues compared to them is another point though it fits with some you've made.

The Armor complaint is not a valid point as that affects all DPS Leather classes. Armor problems is something entirely different I think.

Range is problematic. Bows have way too much compared to Magic. Would be nice to see a Distance bonus for Confessor Discs.

I have no idea why they can't take Surging Spirit to be spot Healers.
Similar issue with Field Surgeon, reminds me of them taking away Dryad from Pip classes because it wasn't playing nice with pips... 8*{

ScornofLife2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Confessor has been the most nerfed class in the game and it's not even close. Just look around the game and see how many Confessor's actually play the game. For the most part they are all new players that don't know any better and soon reroll. Here is a small list of why no one plays Confessors anymore.

-Lowest starting HP in the game

- Went from the fastest toon to the slowest toon. Ya you can roll Elken for trailmaster but in combat it's just the same as all the other slow classes. ( Bring back 10 sec dash. The nerf was supposed to be for the woodelfs. No one in their right mind thought that the fessor dash was op)

-Armor starts at leather. You have to sacrifice a minor rune or 2 to get mail or plate.

So lowest hp, Slowest, and starts with leather.  That would be enough right ?

- Can't equip Surging Spirit so no healing off class opportunities.

- Can't equip Arcane archer or Sharp Shooter so no off class bow opportunities.

- Crafting book final dmg is like crafting in a -2 winter season so no good dmg from books.

- Pretty much have to use rightousness or you will run out of mana too fast

- Even with rightousness you need to slot your mana recharge ability with only 3 passive and 8 abilities slots...

- Mana shield is completely Broken.

- A knight can sit in your fire box or nova and almost kill you from it.

- Reduced our range to like 25-30m which is perfect for the lowest hp and lowest mobility in the game. Why wouldn't we want to be almost in melee range?

- Almost half of the disc runes have some kind of elemental dmg shield in it so Confessor's can get hard countered all the time.

Let me know what else you can think of guys!

 

ACE we need a severe change to confessor if you want people to actually play it.

 

I'm not a confessor advocate, I'm sticking with cleric.  I rarely if ever see fessors bc they are so lacking.  I'd be disgruntled if I was a fessor player. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally like the confessor but I do agree they need alittle love. The lag lately has been making the confessors combo abilities obsolete so a big part of this class is unusable <goodbye group CC>. I'll still play it though and try to make it work.... maybe eventually I can kill some level 5 boars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

Hitting 1 person 3 times with the same tornado and doing fall damage to them is pretty nice though.

Sure does.......... when it actually comes out

Edited by Hunt
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

Hitting 1 person 3 times with the same tornado and doing fall damage to them is pretty nice though.

If it will ever cast for you

Not to mention it takes almost half of your mana bar

 

 

n0MnLtK.png?2

Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is odd they cant use surging spirit, but I dont see why they would use bows so...like the other magic users in the game can't either.

But I agree magic needs some more options avaliable to it. 

I thought there was only 2 elemental barriers? 

I feel like other DPS classes start in leather too? 

And ya, they need some serious help on their mana. Reminds me of pre-resource buff Myrm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The food issues are real. They just don't have field surgeon to come back from it. If they didn't stop regening at first hunger that would probably help a lot in longer fights. Combo issues have also completely killed them

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ginko said:

Everything sucks on them. They are best at nothing.

This is incorrect. There are even other classes that are better at doing nothing. They're just bad multiplied by bad. Not that I really care, though I guess I would prefer overall class balance. I'm just still grumpily collecting my tears in jars over the one class I've been interested in since day one that we still have zero god damn info about.

Edited by Nightmarian

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the fessor has a very fun kit, unfortunately half of it is broken or undertuned IMO.

The fessor has too many hard counters built in to the base kits of other classes.

- Sin is cleansed group wide by a templar's divine light. If the group is turtled and they have 1 templar, you are useless in terms of any of your burst abilities (absolution and redemption). This issue is compounded by the fact we can't remove them from the divine light with our combo abilities (knock down and tornado).

- If the group has a knight you shouldn't be placing fire wall or nova. One cast of this near a knight that knows their basic kit can take you to 25% HP. not 25% OF your HP... down to almost dead.

- No one runs this anymore because confessors are a joke.. is the sin immunity from Friar.

- There is also a full on counter disc in Fire Walker.

- 2500 elemental dmg absorb from Arcane Archer, which almost everyone can use.

IMO There are too many counters for this class with a single damage type.  We can't change it nor can we avoid people removing our sin, or blocking in our ground effects.

I don't think there is any other class in the game that has as many things working against it as Confessor.  Most other classes have the ability to change their dmg type, excluding Cleric, Druid, and Templar. All other classes are not bound by a mechanic that can get cleansed and ruin their dmg vs an entire group, and they have to worry about base kit abilities and classes that just ruin what mages are supposed to do. Most other classes have to worry about two things IMO... if you are melee... don't hit the templar.... or if they are running a hard counter disc.

Oh also... Buff Meteor and Buff the flame thrower... these abilities are garbage and no one uses them for a reason.

@thomasblair

@mhalashace

Can the confessor get some love when you guys get some time? I would love to not be asked to play Ranger anymore cause their kit and their versatility is just plain better.

Edited by Destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the class with the most issues imo.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Destrin said:

To me the fessor has a very fun kit, unfortunately half of it is broken or undertuned IMO.

The fessor has too many hard counters built in to the base kits of other classes.

- Sin is cleansed group wide by a templar's divine light. If the group is turtled and they have 1 templar, you are useless in terms of any of your burst abilities (absolution and redemption). This issue is compounded by the fact we can't remove them from the divine light with our combo abilities (knock down and tornado).

- If the group has a knight you shouldn't be placing fire wall or nova. One cast of this near a knight that knows their basic kit can take you to 25% HP. not 25% OF your HP... down to almost dead.

- No one runs this anymore because confessors are a joke.. is the sin immunity from Friar.

- There is also a full on counter disc in Fire Walker.

- 2500 elemental dmg absorb from Arcane Archer, which almost everyone can use.

IMO There are too many counters for this class with a single damage type.  We can't change it nor can we avoid people removing our sin, or blocking in our ground effects.

I don't think there is any other class in the game that has as many things working against it as Confessor.  Most other classes have the ability to change their dmg type, excluding Cleric, Druid, and Templar. All other classes are not bound by a mechanic that can get cleansed and ruin their dmg vs an entire group, and they have to worry about base kit abilities and classes that just ruin what mages are supposed to do. Most other classes have to worry about two things IMO... if you are melee... don't hit the templar.... or if they are running a hard counter disc.

Oh also... Buff Meteor and Buff the flame thrower... these abilities are garbage and no one uses them for a reason.

@thomasblair

@mhalashace

Can the confessor get some love when you guys get some time? I would love to not be asked to play Ranger anymore cause their kit and their versatility is just plain better.

nah this is bad feedback. get a guild noob.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m afraid about your comments in this thread. Do you know team play ?

I will begin by some amazing critics :

- The class is weak. Yes but no more than mercenary classes in leather stuff. Of course it is. It’s a big range dps, not a healer or support or melee dps...

- Arcane archer can counter confessor. Yes but in that case your ennemy won’t have anti percing/slashing/crushing/poison discipline so your team mate will be able to kill him.

=> The most important thing to understand : confessor isn’t for solo player. Moreover, if you fight less than 6ppl, confessor isn’t the best chose for a range dps. BUT crowfall fight will probably be a game with large scale fight, so confessor will be very important in team !!!

About the 5.6, due to the bug in power and « freeze » in fight, wait the next patch to play confessor...

- A last point is about nerf. They will balance the classes in futur, but in case of nerf don’t rage. You just need to adapt to the new update. (Most important nerf on 5.6 is for druid, many good druids didn’t stop this class, they just modified bluid and gameplay ?)

 

Alleran [BSF]

Edited by Alleran
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im going to confess something: the Confessor is secretly awesome.

Yeah it doesnt deal damage, but there are others to do that. It has low hp, but you can adjust your build and playstyle to fix that. What he can offer is control, and noone and nothing can come close to challenge what he has in that regard.

Right now, the confessor is a specialist. There are builds for him that are awesome in teamfights (if you have a healer and at least 3-4 allies... but tbh smaller fights usually dont interest me anyway). And I have yet to see a good way of countering that... Fireshield? well I dont care for my damage, I want to set you up so my allies can kill you. Block? guess what, there are counters to that. Focus me down in melee? in ranged? There are good tools around to deal with both.

Please dont buff the Confessor through the roof again. He doesnt need buffs, he needs creativity... and if there is a buff, I would prefer more damage over more range. If I want range im playing ranger.

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that he can only do support roles.  Ranger can do both.  The Druid is versatile in what he wants to do.  The fessor just plays suport; it’s the only range class impacted by food, it does the least damage, has the least utility and was over nerfed.  The goal is versatility in how you wanna play, not one class (just one class) only being able to do one thing while the other ten can be built for a multitude of roles. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only played Confessor for PvP since I started playing this game.  The most recent patch made combos even worse than they already were. It seems almost every other class brings something to the table or shines in a specific area except confessor. Without combos we cant even help with support CC.... we are just a liability to the group and healer now as he needs to focus primarily on this class just to keep him/her alive. I'm easily the first one targeted in every group engagment due to the low survivability factor. 

I still love the class type but its definitely time to try something else until they show this class some love. I know this is pre alpha and there is tons of balancing that needs to be done to all classes. This is not a rage post, just agreeing with the OP.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...