Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scimi Druid Discussion Thread

Jjusticar

So I've been rocking the scimi druid quite a bit over the past patches and I can't help but think something is missing from the "class". It's an incredible amount of fun, but it feels so one dimensional. So my question(s) to start of the discussion is this: 

1. What do you see Scimi druid's strengths as?

2. What do you see Scimi druid's weaknesses as?

3. What do you think Scimi druid needs changed to be a more prominent class?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My answers:

1. Has great single target DPS but with the spark passive, it pretty much incentives holding LMB because LMB hits harder than lightning combo.

2. It's too one dimensional imo. It's almost a hold LMB class. It does have some nuances but I'd love to see more skill expression in the class

3. I think scimi druid orbs should restore resource and spawn at player instead of the target. Obviously bear needs to be....well actually able to hit people. And I think it needs a bit more identity. I don't think it should be an LMB class, I'd love to see some changes to the second ability on the scimi disc (the lightning armor one) to be a more impactful offensive ability.

3 hours ago, Jjusticar said:

So I've been rocking the scimi druid quite a bit over the past patches and I can't help but think something is missing from the "class". It's an incredible amount of fun, but it feels so one dimensional. So my question(s) to start of the discussion is this: 

1. What do you see Scimi druid's strengths as?

2. What do you see Scimi druid's weaknesses as?

3. What do you think Scimi druid needs changed to be a more prominent class?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My answers:

1. Has great single target DPS but with the spark passive, it pretty much incentives holding LMB because LMB hits harder than lightning combo.

2. It's too one dimensional imo. It's almost a hold LMB class. It does have some nuances but I'd love to see more skill expression in the class

3. I think scimi druid orbs should restore resource and spawn at player instead of the target. Obviously bear needs to be....well actually able to hit people. And I think it needs a bit more identity. I don't think it should be an LMB class, I'd love to see some changes to the second ability on the scimi disc (the lightning armor one) to be a more impactful offensive ability.

Evaluating the Sickle Druid - or any druid - is problematic because too many of it's powers are not working correctly. I will therefore answer in the context of it actually working as intended.

1. The Scim druid has quite a few things going for it in my opinion. It is a very solid source of DPS, and one that is able to achieve extremely high resource efficiency due to having 2 sources of PCM, numerous related skill nodes and the ability through powers to generate resource on demand - one of the few classes that has the potential to never run out of it's resource. It is a good platform for CC, and an excellent counter to stealthers, with 4 DoTs in it's base kit and the potential for more, and multiple passive stuns available. When working correctly, with just 2 attacks it can apply 5k worth of damage, over half of which is multi-target damage. Very good AoE damage capability, and tactical use of the Death Orb can kill entire groups on it's own.

2. Very reliant on healers in group fights, spawns with zero resource, being unable to cast anything until it noisily switches trays, and waits a painful amount of time for Essence to build up. In it's broken form, lacks versatility and ability to be self-sufficient.

3. When everything works correctly, I feel Sickle druid is actually a very strong class. Once the Druid Class Tree is populated, it will be possible to assess it more fully.

I have heard multiple people say that LMB is it's strongest tool and that it should be relied on heavily, and then evaluate the class based on that, but I find LMB-heavy play to be both boring and inferior in group fights to what it is capable of. Unfortunately it is in a highly broken state right now so evaluating it is difficult to do correctly. Hopefully soon we will see it working 100% and we can get a more accurate impression of how it really is.