• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
srathor

Skulls, Soulstones, and Eternal Servitude

Why is this not already a thing. 

Take a Skull
unknown.png

Add in a rough Soulgem for the low quality ones. Or a polished soulgem of someone more worthy.

unknown.png

Enslave them to an afterlife of Servitude

unknown.png

Then put their thralls to work in your EK. 

unknown.png

Come Buy the thrall of Tark. On Srathors Lawn. 

unknown.png
Happy Monday!

Edited by srathor
Added a picture.

On 7/9/2018 at 12:35 AM, KrakkenSmacken said:

Could cause fight club issues.

Nah. I mean its just cosmetic ideally. Be an interesting way to flash the appearance of a player for vendor use and who cares if you deliberately kill your friends just to have vendors that look exactly how you want.

Vendors are renamable so the only real value is the "prestige" of owning a known hard to obtain skull and thus having a vendor that is "Variant of:Thrall of KrakkenSmacken"

There's no game logic that says skulls need to be hard to obtain. Players choose for themselves whether their skull should be hard to obtain or not. If I decide to flood the market with my skull that's my prerogative. There's no enforcable mechanic to prevent it in the first place.

Just make the filled soulstone an optional component of the vnedor and wire them up to the same functions that assemble player appearances from their revelant database entries.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

56 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Nah. I mean its just cosmetic ideally. Be an interesting way to flash the appearance of a player for vendor use and who cares if you deliberately kill your friends just to have vendors that look exactly how you want.

Vendors are renamable so the only real value is the "prestige" of owning a known hard to obtain skull and thus having a vendor that is "Variant of:Thrall of KrakkenSmacken"

There's no game logic that says skulls need to be hard to obtain. Players choose for themselves whether their skull should be hard to obtain or not. If I decide to flood the market with my skull that's my prerogative. There's no enforcable mechanic to prevent it in the first place.

Just make the filled soulstone an optional component of the vnedor and wire them up to the same functions that assemble player appearances from their revelant database entries.

I'm 90% sure the current thrall mechanics are place holders.  Eventually you will have to hunt thralls in the wild and trap them in soul gems.  The lore is that they work for you for a while, in exchange for eternal release.

Having a thrall with the "spirit" of an active player is sorta contrary to how thralls in general are supposed to work.

The fight club is that instead of having to find the right thrall, your friend could "give" you his.

12 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I'm 90% sure the current thrall mechanics are place holders.  Eventually you will have to hunt thralls in the wild and trap them in soul gems.  The lore is that they work for you for a while, in exchange for eternal release.

Having a thrall with the "spirit" of an active player is sorta contrary to how thralls in general are supposed to work.

The fight club is that instead of having to find the right thrall, your friend could "give" you his.

Except that vendors aren't thralls. They're crafted implements. There has been no indication we'd need to capture thralls to make vendors, because vendors are the backbone of the player economy.

Thralls are for buffing crafting stations, crafting disciplines, enchanting, and (possibly) guards.

Vendors exist to sell (and buy at some point) goods as a proxy for players.

Thralls decay over time to remove them from the economy because they are intended to have temporary life spans and be replaced.

Vendors require an upkeep cost in gold because removing them from the economy or requiring constant replacements is a logistical nightmare that would hamstring the player economy.

Vendors are not thralls, nor should they be. Despite the vendor skill nodes still referring to them as "thralls" they have a very different economic purpose.

Also, the vendor recipie isn't in the "test" section of the crafting window. This indicates it is not a placeholder but an expression of the intended design.

PopeSigGIF.gif

8 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Except that vendors aren't thralls. They're crafted implements. There has been no indication we'd need to capture thralls to make vendors, because vendors are the backbone of the player economy.

Thralls are for buffing crafting stations, crafting disciplines, enchanting, and (possibly) guards.

Vendors exist to sell (and buy at some point) goods as a proxy for players.

Thralls decay over time to remove them from the economy because they are intended to have temporary life spans and be replaced.

Vendors require an upkeep cost in gold because removing them from the economy or requiring constant replacements is a logistical nightmare that would hamstring the player economy.

Vendors are not thralls, nor should they be. Despite the vendor skill nodes still referring to them as "thralls" they have a very different economic purpose.

Also, the vendor recipie isn't in the "test" section of the crafting window. This indicates it is not a placeholder but an expression of the intended design.

5fZm8Mx.jpg

I mean fair point but your entire problem with this suggestion in particular works on the assumption that we'll have to capture thralls to make vendors. We haven't been given any indication this is so based on how specific Blair was with the 5.6 recipies and saying "when we put stuff in the actual crafting trees we consider it not placeholder"

IF we're supposed to use captured thralls to make 'em then yeah, there are obvious problems. It just doesn't seem like that's the case is what I'm saying.

PopeSigGIF.gif