• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ACE_JackalBark

Behold the Battlement - Official Discussion Thread

Coming Soon?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Two questions:

1. Will I be able to take my KS castles and just drop them down in a default layout with a single click (or simple series of clicks)?

2. Will I be able to let someone else build my castles on my parcel using my deeds without giving them away?  It doesn't appear that I can do that in the current vassal system.

I have no desire whatsoever to spend hours on end building castles in my EK.  I have them, so I may as well place them, but 3D virtual jigsaw puzzles are not my idea of fun.

Are battlements only for keep/castle/citadel/palace walls, or will there be fort battlements aswell.

Will these battlements also be able to be used in the dregs campaigns, if so, how will they interact with ballistas?

Since there are 4 tiers, do white/gray and purple/orange deeds produce the same deed tier?

Finally,

welcome to the team Brandon :D 

Edited by coolster50

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

This is awesome. Being able to make a wall sloped or straight will help a lot when building on elevations. More importantly, Stonemasons will finally have a need for higher quality resources (beyond the stuff needed for jewelry). I wonder though if experimentation will come into play, or if it will just be a matter of getting a successful assembly with the desired resource quality. From the article, it sounds like experimentation won't matter, as the options are based on quality level.

Will this added customization be applicable to non-EK (eg CW) castles?  Would tiers have a performance improvement (more hitpoints, better resistances) as well as the aesthetic change?

The decision to go to a modular building system is still paying dividends; this is all looking fantastic.

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

Like building with LEGOs or in Minecraft, in the sense that some people will be spending endless hours to customize and polish.

Would it be possible to implement land shaping of some level? 

Edited by Moonfish

36 minutes ago, Moonfish said:

Like building with LEGOs or in Minecraft, in the sense that some people will be spending endless hours to customize and polish.

Would it be possible to implement land shaping of some level? 

I seriously doubt it, since the parcels are made by hand. They can remove stuff like trees and rocks when you place a building or wall, because those aren't part of the parcel itself. They are objects attached to the parcel that can be added or removed.

The deed's quality level is what will determine the number of aesthetic options available. A white quality item will only have the basic options, but a green quality item will have more (and fancier) aesthetics to choose from.

As this pertains to building in the campaign worlds - will we eventually see Rank 1 - 4 PoI's to match the different battlement ranks? 

Will this building rank system continue into houses, fort lodges, keeps, etc. as well or will this mainly apply to walls/gatehouses? 

44 minutes ago, ScumdogOfNebulon said:

Is there a stream today?

The 1st Tuesday of the month is usually the Q&A. The live streams are usually the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. The cadence is probably off due to the holiday.

How are catles gonna work in campaing worlds? I mean you probably haven't spent so much time and resources on just a housing system right? Will we be able to design and build our own castles in campaigns to secure strategic locations? 

29 minutes ago, IdefixCZ said:

How are catles gonna work in campaing worlds? I mean you probably haven't spent so much time and resources on just a housing system right? Will we be able to design and build our own castles in campaigns to secure strategic locations? 

In some campaigns, yes. The GvG CWs will let us build and design our own castles/Keeps/Strongholds.  The faction CWs will not allow us to design our own strongholds. This is to prevent faction members from griefing you.

Edited by Destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

In English these are called hoardings...  the wooden structures atop walls with murder holes, etc and places to drop rocks or burning pitch or oil on those enemies trapped up against the walls.

Battlements are the stone structures that block incoming fire but are generally open top and include parapets with gaps for shooting bolts or arrows.

History is important guys...  words are important, otherwise we all end up muddling the meanings.

Setting the hoardings on fire vs keeping them intact was important early step in a medieval siege.   The real use of fire arrows... burn the hoardings and try to burn the food/grain storage.  Which does bring up "Fire based destruction of these parts" as part of our gameplay in sieges.   Water buckets for the defense- fire arrows for the offense.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai