Sign in to follow this  
Ham

Thinking About Purchasing, Convince me.

Hello everyone,

I have read these forums for the last few weeks and decided to finally register and possibly take part in the beta. I Would like to know What your experience is, as the player has been thus far? Are you enjoying the content? Is there sustainable content?  I come from a background of Star wars Galaxies and Eventually migrated around after its closing. I haven't been able to find a game like it. Any sandbox game I've tried (archeage, BDO, ESO) Have been HUGE Flops and Not an enjoyable experience for me. So as the current player base, Will this game be able to provide a true sandbox feel without a Pay-to-Win approach? 

DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE THE EXPECTATION OF A FINISHED GAME LOOP, GOOD PERFORMANCE AND AMAZING CONTENT/NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE.

If you are coming in to test an unfinished product in a pre-alpha state, go ahead. If you understand this, fine. But way too many new people come bitching on the boards because they basically failed to do any research. There is a warning before you download, I copied and pasted it! (BTW, Beta is not coming in 2018, ACE just hasn't updated that)

GAME CLIENT

• Reminder

Crowfall has not launched yet and is currently in testing.

That means the game will have bugs (finding and fixing them is why we test), and some skills, features and content are still in development and not yet available.

Beta is set for later in 2018.

I am aware of the status of the game. I realize this is not a completed product and i actually enjoy being part of development and testing.

2 hours ago, Ham said:

I come from a background of Star wars Galaxies

I'm a big fan of SWG as well, and sandboxes in general. Crowfall does have some similar gameplay in crafting, vendor-based economy, skill training specializations, and community building.  Crowfall has more focus on pvp competition than SWG, along with some survival, strategy, and siege inspiration from other games.

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Are you enjoying the content? Is there sustainable content?

It's still early testing, so I don't play CF like I would a released MMO. I generally login to test new builds - it is fun try everything, give feedback, and follow the progress of development.

DON'T. Development is taking much longer than expected and they will not refund you. Just wait until it releases (if it releases) which will be years down the road.

On 7/7/2018 at 5:11 PM, Ham said:

Hello everyone,

I have read these forums for the last few weeks and decided to finally register and possibly take part in the beta. I Would like to know What your experience is, as the player has been thus far? Are you enjoying the content? Is there sustainable content?  I come from a background of Star wars Galaxies and Eventually migrated around after its closing. I haven't been able to find a game like it. Any sandbox game I've tried (archeage, BDO, ESO) Have been HUGE Flops and Not an enjoyable experience for me. So as the current player base, Will this game be able to provide a true sandbox feel without a Pay-to-Win approach? 

This is not about enjoying content right now as much as it is helping to test game systems and an incomplete game. Fun may be had sporadically, but if you need us to convince you to back the game, do yourself a favor and don't.

If you feel you have to receive value for your money honestly it might be better spent on something else. This game is not finished or even close to. What you are paying for is the opportunity to see a game develop. If your looking for a clean smooth running game this is definitely not for you. If you are willing to accept the game is still in early development there is a lot of depth and fun to be had playing it. Like other said watch some videos and make a decision for yourself.

On 7/7/2018 at 9:09 PM, srathor said:

If you are weak willed enough to be convinced, then you will not survive. 

I like this.

Truly, at this stage of the game, you've really got to want it.  I've been anticipating this game since it was obvious that Shadowbane wasn't going to reach it's full potential.  Within the pre-alpha I see plenty of real progress on the road to achieving what is essentially Game of Thrones - The Virtual World.  That said, it is very frustrating to participate in an unfinished virtual world if you aren't able to deal with near-constant road blocks. However, even in it's unfinished state, the game is so vast in scope that you're going to want to start learning the ropes as early as possible if you are interested in maximizing the value of your play-time once we go live.