Posted (edited)

I am told this buff should appear where all the other buffs are.  I've never seen this buff in all my time harvesting.  I thought it was just a proc after crushing nodes.  However some people I run with told me they see a timer on theirs.  I've never seen a timer or a beneficial harvest appear in my buff lines.  Is there a max showing? Is there a way I can get this one to appear as I believe its very valuable.  Have I been missing out by not harvesting properly, which after checking their types of mats to mine, I'm missing out.  When checking details our numbers were very very similiar (mine for stone,  his for animal).

Any useful information would be greatly appreciated.  Unsure if this is a bug or just a case of too many buffs, which would still be a bug as I would rather see when I have beneficial harvest over human bloodline.

thanks,

Edited by killerkat

I think you need to fully train the first node in the harvesting specialization tree to have a chance to get the buff. It's, indeed, a proc after crushing nodes.

2 hours ago, killerkat said:

I've never seen a timer or a beneficial harvest appear in my buff lines.  Is there a max showing? Is there a way I can get this one to appear as I believe its very valuable.  Have I been missing out by not harvesting properly, which after checking their types of mats to mine, I'm missing out.  When checking details our numbers were very very similiar (mine for stone,  his for animal).

Any useful information would be greatly appreciated. 

Beneficial Harvest is a short time buff which can be triggered (only) after the destruction of a node by a specific chance. If triggered, you will see the buff in your usual buff list.

You can increase the chance and the power and the duration of this buff via skills in the race and excavation trees. However, the buff will only be applied i you trained the [resource type] specialization. These:

vzGY6CJ.jpg

In order to do so, you need to train the first skill, just like Extintor said. It is, though, (at least currently) enough to train the first pip of this skill.

KE2A0i0.jpg

You can also build/buy runetools with an additional bonus to beneficial harvesting. Ask your local runemaker. ;)

P4SiqlP.jpg

If you are more interested in harvesting, you might find this harvesting dev blog from 2016 interesting, where Blair spoke about the first version of it. Some things changed since then, but it's still an interesting read and provides some insights.

Thanks Kraahk,

So is there "hidden" benefits in any of the trees.  So I mastered Human and working on pureblood, as well as mastered Monster and working on underfoot.  Both are almost identical in harvesting stats for ore and stone, just flopped.  I also have the specialization node maxed for both of them.  However when I am on my hunam, there is a 5% difference in BH for ore over stone, and vice versa when I'm on the giunea.  So I am wondering if the skills are identical why is there such a diffence when the only differnce is a maxed tier one skill vice an incomplete tier II (human tier 1, pure blood tier 2 etc).  Anyone have insight.  

I do check the skills with no tool in hand nor any rings or amulets equip.  I do leave my armor on, but as I stated when I switch the BH chance flops 5% from ore to stone (human to guinea).

unknown.png

The two Race trees are not mirrored, Mankind gets an additional 5% BH Lifetime while Underfoot get 5% Plethora of Dust. Not even.

Hope that helps

And as far as getting BH to proc you need to have that first node trained in that resource specialization as Kraahk said.

On 7/11/2018 at 12:05 PM, Scorn said:

The two Race trees are not mirrored, Mankind gets an additional 5% BH Lifetime while Underfoot get 5% Plethora of Dust. Not even.

Hope that helps

And as far as getting BH to proc you need to have that first node trained in that resource specialization as Kraahk said.

Ok.  But that still doesn't explain why on human I am only getting 30 seconds for BH bonus.  I could understand on the Monsters side, but on the monster side I get 30 seconds on ore and 3 minutes on stone.  

So thanks for catching that for me, but still does not answer the question for bonus times.  I see the lifetime difference for plethera of dust on the stone side.

Sounds like it might be a bug where the value/amount isn't being applied properly... Have you tried making new vessels of each race and seeing if their values are correct? Asides from that you should e-mail this to support@crowfall.com with that screenshot of your racial trees and ones of your harvesting trees as well.

It's also possible that the tooltip is wrong, and it's actually a Plethora of Dust node in the Pure-Blood tree and not a Beneficial Lifetime node; which would make sense since that's the set-up the Underfoot has for Ore... However all the Sylvan trees' nodes do what they say on the tin, so /shrug