Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Item sink related to the skill tree

So I am not really actively playing but I decided to skill up my tree and look at some crafting stuff. Since I am looking to do gathering I was looking into plentiful harvest points on the tree and noticed that they are very far along and also dependent on alchemy. This lead me to think I didn't really need to log in until I got those points and/or alchemy leveled up. This struck me instantly as somewhat wrong and I thought back to Eve and remembered their stats in game effect your skill's training speed along with being able to get boosters in game to increase the stats it gave you a path through game play to increase your stats.

And that brings me here, I feel there should be a way to "charge" a skill tree to make it level faster via in game methods. This doesn't need to be big maybe only like 10% faster, but just the fact that it's faster will drive game play base on a system that otherwise requires no game play to do. Ideally it would be something like dust or another item in game that could overly inflate and effect the economy, but it could also be related to the skill trees to promote the type of gameplay like if you have woodcutting you need a certain tier of logs to charge up that tree, or if your a blacksmith you need to charge it with crafted blacksmithing gear. I think the dust/economic impact way would be better and probably benefit the game more but the tree based one would seem kinda cool.

Jezvin

uXa

Plentiful harvest isn't in any way dependent on alchemy, or any other crafting profession. 

In 5.6 we have the Spring buff, which gives +2 to plentiful harvest: all. In 5.7, we will have all 4 seasons and by the winter, the buff will become a -2 debuff, so you'll want to harvest in the spring and stock up. Even if you harvest with low stats, you will still get way more resources than if you don't play the game at all, so I don't see the benefit of simply waiting until your skills are higher. Everyone else who is actively playing the game will be ahead of you.

There will be artifacts and relics which can be placed in EKs that will give training speed bonuses. During the Kickstarter, they gave out an all-father statue at the 12k contributor mark. At 15.5, they upgraded the statue to a relic that gives blessing of knowledge:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo/posts/1176510

15,500 - Backer Reward: All-Father Statue RELIC 

...at 15,500 backers, we're going to convert that All Father statue (that we granted back at 12k backers) into a Relic! This means the statue will now be more than a cosmetic prop to add to your Kingdom -- now, it will offer a Blessing of Knowledge (+1% training of combat skills!) to the land owner and all of the tenants of the parcel in which it is placed.  

If you don't have this relic, that's okay, because you will be able to earn stuff like this in game and/or you can become a vassal in a kingdom that has the relic you want.

1 hour ago, Jezvin said:

This lead me to think I didn't really need to log in until I got those points and/or alchemy leveled up.

You won't get what you want any faster by waiting. Crowfall is a competitive game and by waiting until your skills progress further you are handing a first-mover advantage to your enemy.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, Jezvin said:

So I am not really actively playing but I decided to skill up my tree and look at some crafting stuff. Since I am looking to do gathering I was looking into plentiful harvest points on the tree and noticed that they are very far along and also dependent on alchemy. This lead me to think I didn't really need to log in until I got those points and/or alchemy leveled up. This struck me instantly as somewhat wrong and I thought back to Eve and remembered their stats in game effect your skill's training speed along with being able to get boosters in game to increase the stats it gave you a path through game play to increase your stats.

And that brings me here, I feel there should be a way to "charge" a skill tree to make it level faster via in game methods. This doesn't need to be big maybe only like 10% faster, but just the fact that it's faster will drive game play base on a system that otherwise requires no game play to do. Ideally it would be something like dust or another item in game that could overly inflate and effect the economy, but it could also be related to the skill trees to promote the type of gameplay like if you have woodcutting you need a certain tier of logs to charge up that tree, or if your a blacksmith you need to charge it with crafted blacksmithing gear. I think the dust/economic impact way would be better and probably benefit the game more but the tree based one would seem kinda cool.

You can actively level your vessel and get better gathering crafting ect. Activity in game is king waiting on stats will still just put you further and further behind.