Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACE Q&A for July - Official Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, dolmar said:

Yea i feel with this update they need to adjust that . unless the white gear thats on the vendor is all fails with no experimentation 

Depends on how it's implemented. Is the ore free? Does it have to be purchased (or given out for free like on test servers)? If so, at what Price? I've farmed 20K gold in one session before solo. 

The big thing I want to see is the change to experimentation success. As was stated, Right now you can roll better white gear than Green or Blue "On Average" due to experimation difficulty. It's a lot easier to use "throw away" resources and hope for a double amazing as opposed to risking a "Success, or moderate sucess (or failure)" on half pipping blues, much less purple or oranges.

Edited by Armegeddon

3 hours ago, Anthrage said:

Some awesome stuff in there!

One area of concern though, Outposts and more PvP objectives are nice in theory, but if they do not add anything of value ...snip... :)

Yep, there has to be a reason to take them. I would hope later down the road controlling Outpost would affect the parcel in some way that benefits the faction that owns it, say for example, season of plenty is toggled on in that parcel for increased food production. Or it buffs or nerfs the hit points on the nearest adjacent Fort.

But for right now make capturing it give many beau coup XP towards that silly XP bar. 

8 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

Depends on how it's implemented. Is the ore free? Does it have to be purchased? At what Price? I've farmed 20K gold in one session before solo. 

The big thing I want to see is the change to experimentation success. As was stated, Right now you can roll better white gear than Green or Blue "On Average" due to experimation difficulty. It's a lot easier to use "throw away" resources and hope for a double amazing as opposed to risking a "Success, or moderate sucess (or failure)" on half pipping blues, much less purple or oranges.

Purchased.  NPC vendor.

Price, who knows? That's a balancing point.  Also, only in forts and keeps, so you have to go out in the world, and own something before you can use it.

Also with the pip change, grey/white will not be as valuable or easy to push into higher final values as they are now.

Just now, Jah said:

There are vendors on TEST that sell resources for nothing...

Yea, and gave away dust at the temple, and a few other things.  Blair didn't say you had to pay in the stream but.... I know that's what I um .... saw someplace or other. :rolleyes:  

33 minutes ago, corvax said:

Yep, there has to be a reason to take them. I would hope later down the road controlling Outpost would affect the parcel in some way that benefits the faction that owns it, say for example, season of plenty is toggled on in that parcel for increased food production. Or it buffs or nerfs the hit points on the nearest adjacent Fort.

But for right now make capturing it give many beau coup XP towards that silly XP bar. 

Wow, I didn't even think of XP as a valuable resource that we could add more sources of, but you're right, that alone would make it extremely contested over. Great idea!

I think the white material vendors should not be in the forts and keeps. Or at least not all the vendors. Maybe 1 or two of a type for each. (Gold, Iron, Marble at Brookworst for example) 

They should have a type at or in the outposts. Like an outpost that is near the quarry would have a white vendor for the stone types at the capturable outpost. And that should be a limited quantity per hour refresh. Stacks of 20, 50 stacks accrue per hour)

Spread the vendors out some and have the timer on it so it is not just a unlimited supply of mats. Also have those vendors buy their type of material they sell for gold.(Keeps the gatherers happy) That would allow folks to sell to the vendors directly what they didn't want to bank, and other players could be purchasing the same mats from the vendors as well. 

5 minutes ago, srathor said:

I think the white material vendors should not be in the forts and keeps. Or at least not all the vendors. Maybe 1 or two of a type for each. (Gold, Iron, Marble at Brookworst for example) 

They should have a type at or in the outposts. Like an outpost that is near the quarry would have a white vendor for the stone types at the capturable outpost. And that should be a limited quantity per hour refresh. Stacks of 20, 50 stacks accrue per hour)

Spread the vendors out some and have the timer on it so it is not just a unlimited supply of mats. Also have those vendors buy their type of material they sell for gold.(Keeps the gatherers happy) That would allow folks to sell to the vendors directly what they didn't want to bank, and other players could be purchasing the same mats from the vendors as well. 

Personally I hope it's just a stop gap to answer the question about "What happens to the economy if more low quality materials are available" which in my estimation is one of the big problems with early game grind. Then I hope it eventually migrates to POI blocks being converted to large quantities of these materials (somehow) if it turns out that lots of cheap resources doesn't break the entire economy model.

But if it does stay, then I agree with the types, but not the stacks, at least not in faction campaigns.  Too easy for rich players to grief and starve out enemies via alt resource purchases.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Great update guys thanks,

Not so happy about what I heard from Vendors and resources.  You all want a player ran economy yet took away the bread and butter for a harvester.  Whites are what I sell!  People are selling resources constantly, yet you feel there needs to be one on the beachfront/fort/keep instead.  So now you have an NPC running the economy.  What's next armor as well?

Grivyn, Anthrage, and Armegeddon pointed out many of my same thoughts I just had with guildies.  There are already resource vendors out there, but because they are inconvienent no one goes.  

Sad Kat here,

Edited by killerkat

Killerkat

support expert

www.infernalgamers.com

A decent way you could make holding Outposts worthwhile is to have them give buffs to players within a certain radius. Maybe a slight combat buff, crafting, harvesting buffs.

Good to see the item durability has been sorted, means that pvp players wont have to worry about re-equipping themselves over and over so they can enjoy  the pvp  a lot more, crafters wont get to bogged down ( stuck behind a bench 24/7 ) so they to will enjoy the other side of the game also.

I just hope the hitching problems have been fixed, I still get effected by it which has put me off the game slightly. All in all 5.7 sounds really good :)

Edited by Fefner

@thomasblair and @jtoddcoleman, thank you so much for the video and for the update.
With the change to white crafted items and with the introductions of new racials bonuses we will have legacy vessels and legacy white items in the economy (specially if we craft lot of white items/vessels before the update and save them in our spirit banks). What are your plans about it? Will there be a full wipe to get rid of legacy items or are we going to have them in the economy? If you do not want to give a yes/no answer I am fine with ti but would be nice to see what is in your mind and what do you think on the matter regardless of your final decision.

3 hours ago, Armegeddon said:

These changes will also basically make anything under R5 Worthless.

Not to play devil's advocate, but you forget that unless these vendors sells meat, bones, soulgems, blood and other side items there would still be a value in gathering. The only resource cut out of the loop is stone, since they don't drop anything particular if not stones. Would be nice to have a "side" resource in the like of blood/beeswax or similar that is tied to the stones (maybe move cutting grit to stones and remove it from slag?), so farming r5 and below would still have some side benefits.

catfall-logo-typo-small.png

Water is worth it, even if it'd subpar. Even Everquest had water. I'd rather have water that's basically badly done and fixed later than no water at all.

Edited by frozenshadow

3 hours ago, killerkat said:

You all want a player ran economy yet took away the bread and butter for a harvester.  Whites are what I sell!

If NPC vendors sell low level resources, it does establish a baseline gold value of those resources. If you have extras to sell you can undercut the NPC price and still have customers. If the NPC price seems too low and negatively impacts the economy, we can give feedback on that after testing.

Edited by miraluna

tiPrpwh.png

2 minutes ago, miraluna said:

If NPC vendors sell low level resources, it does establish a baseline gold value of those resources. If you have extras to sell you can undercut the NPC price and still have customers. If the NPC price seems too low and negatively impacts the economy, we can give feedback on that after testing.

People will pay for convenience.  So this as you stated establishes a baseline, which is not a player ran economy.  It's an npc baseline aka not player ran.  And I would have to undercut so much that people would find the inconvenience of looking for my ek, using import slots, etc.  People will pay for convenience as I stated earlier.  As far as feedback, I also said I will reserve the rest of what I have to say once i see it.

Killerkat

support expert

www.infernalgamers.com

1 minute ago, killerkat said:

the inconvenience of looking for my ek, using import slots, etc

Those are also valid issues that need to get worked out to make the economy function smoothly.

tiPrpwh.png

2 hours ago, Nyamo said:

Not to play devil's advocate, but you forget that unless these vendors sells meat, bones, soulgems, blood and other side items there would still be a value in gathering. The only resource cut out of the loop is stone, since they don't drop anything particular if not stones. Would be nice to have a "side" resource in the like of blood/beeswax or similar that is tied to the stones (maybe move cutting grit to stones and remove it from slag?), so farming r5 and below would still have some side benefits.

No there really would still be no need for farming less than R5.  Because R5 would drop those same things, so to maximize efficiency you would still farm only R5+ to get those same items you talked about, with as little junk as possible.

Killerkat

support expert

www.infernalgamers.com

With crafting time basically becoming even more irrelevant has thought been given to replacing the multitude of "crafting speed" nodes players are forced into training with something at least beneficial to our crows?

11 minutes ago, Grivyn said:

With crafting time basically becoming even more irrelevant has thought been given to replacing the multitude of "crafting speed" nodes players are forced into training with something at least beneficial to our crows?

Those can still be used for making factories faster.

Guildwars1 had an excellent way of distributing basic materials.  There was an arbitrage vendor in each safe zone that would buy materials from players and then resell them to other players at a slightly higher price.  Prices for a commodity would vary inversely with as vendor's supply so it wouldn't be an infinite supply of money.  In the short term, these vendors would seed a new world with some starting money supply.  In the long term, they would provide a gold sink as long as materials were being traded.  Something like that might work for common/poor materials.

Edited by Laeir