Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Chat Updates - Official Discussion Thread

59 minutes ago, ACE_Jackal said:

We're integrating Vivox to bring you more chat options!

FULL STORY

can we view "offline" / previous sessions channel messages or personal messages?

yay "combat log"

will the "loot messages" be extended to also include player looting spoils?

any plans for integrated voice chat? [which i believe this 3rd party service also includes from cursory google search]

will there be the possilbity of any notification integration to say browser, app, email, rss for messages etc?

can people auto run while chatting yet?

can you @ a user?

how does it react to pasted links?

any markdown support etc?

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Is the General Tab a campaign wide chat, or does it include lobby chat aswell (like the current Global)?

Is that a GUILD CHATCOMBAT LOG, and LOOT LOG I spy? Gimme 5.7 right meow!!

EDIT: oh yeah, timestamps please :D

Edited by coolster50

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Vivox seems like a good choice. For those of you unaware who else uses Vivox:

https://www.vivox.com/partners

May also mean we get in-game voice some time. So we can call each other nubs when we slay each other!

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Will we be able to change the color, font etc. It's nice to be able to have multiple channels worth of information on one tab, but still have the ability to easily identify things like heal messages (green), attacks (red),  system messages (yellow).

lUvvzPy.png

That's some impressive stuff, it took time but it's great to see it moving :) 

5.7 looks really awesome

And i didn't even know the name of this chat system, seems to be quite popular amongst games.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

Will I be able to turn off all chat windows?  The thing I care most about with chat is the ability to get it off my screen entirely.

Combat log will be nice (once it contains everything).  Can the combat log be written to a text file for parsing?

10 minutes ago, dolmar said:

While this is good .. its not really news that they will have the same chat capability as every other game..

I would consider it a win!  The current chat implementation is.. to keep it as nice as possible.... not good.  We finally get do thing many of us expect from a chat system. Which IS news worthy of a Thursday update!  Also.. Vivox seems like a good choice as games like Fortnite and LoL use it.  It also probably means we will get in-game VOIP in the future so i can ask how my balls taste when i Tbag someone after killing them :P  Definitely a win!

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

4 minutes ago, Destrin said:

I would consider it a win!  The current chat implementation is.. to keep it as nice as possible.... not good.  We finally get do thing many of us expect from a chat system. Which IS news worthy of a Thursday update!  Also.. Vivox seems like a good choice as games like Fortnite and LoL use it.  It also probably means we will get in-game VOIP in the future so i can ask how my balls taste when i Tbag someone after killing them :P  Definitely a win!

I know its a step in the right direction but at best its a baby step . I was just wanting more for an update instead "Hey guys we will have a better chat window"