Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Chat Updates - Official Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Scree said:

Is the chat log / combat log / loot log exportable? Can we enable timestamps? Thanks.

Making these logs exportable is something we can look into, and timestamps will likely be a toggle in the settings menu.

24 minutes ago, Avloren said:

No one's asking the real question.

How did you kill Aham123 with nothing but a shovel equipped? Did you punch him to death!?

It took weeks of careful training.

4 minutes ago, LarsCandyBars said:

Making these logs exportable is something we can look into, and timestamps will likely be a toggle in the settings menu.

Can we see about adding another tracking option for 'looting' your EK vendor? When I take out my sales from the Vendor Stall interface have it leave a footprint with item sold, volume, amount? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

16 minutes ago, LarsCandyBars said:

It took weeks of careful training.

That would be very useful. Also, this company you are using offers API access. Turn that on for me ;) 

1 hour ago, dolmar said:

I know its a step in the right direction but at best its a baby step . I was just wanting more for an update instead "Hey guys we will have a better chat window"

They do like 2 updates a week. Development isn't fast enough to keep up with that. Not every update can be some massive change.

Also, this is huge.

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

1 hour ago, dolmar said:

I know its a step in the right direction but at best its a baby step . I was just wanting more for an update instead "Hey guys we will have a better chat window"

Sooo dark, are you sure your not from the DC universe?

I almost wish they had tolled you in the screen shots with a Frostweaver as the example character. :D

3 hours ago, dolmar said:

I was wanting more from your post also, mainly for it to not be so emo. But hey, I guess that is just life, eh?

+1 for timestamps, adding vendor activity channel, and most definitely chat logging.

Please no kill feed.

Free intel erodes the need for players to perform intel. People don't need to know I just killed a guy halfway across the map unless he tells someone about it. Combat logs should be sufficient for spicy screenshots.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

11 hours ago, dolmar said:

Using tech made by others (Vivox) while making tech for others to use (ArtCraft Technologies). 

So, I think this update was more than just about "better chat window". And perfectly in line with other updates this week.

16 hours ago, dolmar said:

Not 100 % sure but I do not believe I read anywhere that they are stating this is the only thing included in the Update.

8 hours ago, Moonfish said:

Using tech made by others (Vivox) while making tech for others to use (ArtCraft Technologies). 

So, I think this update was more than just about "better chat window". And perfectly in line with other updates this week.

Yes that is true. We have been testing 5.6 now for almost 4 months?  On hearing the greatness of 5.7 the entire time I would just expect more than EK update ect possibly a announcement of something of more substance . I normally do not use chat programs at all they are the least needed as we all use some voice chat or other.

3 hours ago, Merrex said:

Not 100 % sure but I do not believe I read anywhere that they are stating this is the only thing included in the Update.

Yes this was the only thing included in this update notification for Thursday. 

On another note i guess its just me cause i could not give a multicolored Socks about a chat window . 

5.7 is looking like a huge jump forward. I cant say Iove everything but chat and combat logs are one more big step to feeling less like pre alpha and more like a real game. Great addition and great job ACE.