Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Pre-Alpha 5 Live! - Official Discussion Thread

Is this patch notes from the future from the past? The livestream back on June 12th was patch notes from the future for 5.7. Have there been additions to 5.7 since then? I thought 5.7 was feature complete at that point.

is this the Back to the future where they for Forward ??

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

3 times a charm for 5.7 patch notes

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Thank-you, got some good confirmation on outstanding issues today, such as:

-The 'spawn on damage' health orbs issue has been fixed (in terms of where they are spawning, not necessarily in terms of actually being consumable)
-Race-specific trees working in 5.7
-Enemy Druid orbs being visible to the enemy was confirmed as fixed by QA, unknown if it will be working when 5.7 goes Live

The last question I have which wasn't addressed was:

"There are a number of exploits that are commonly used in PvP. How does the dev team decide which need to be addressed, and which can be left available due to it just being 'Test' where fairness etc doesn't matter? Have any exploits been addressed by 5.7?"

Thanks again guys, much appreciated!

4 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

"There are a number of exploits that are commonly used in PvP. How does the dev team decide which need to be addressed, and which can be left available due to it just being 'Test' where fairness etc doesn't matter? Have any exploits been addressed by 5.7?"

What exploits?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

per @thomasblair suggestion .... here is my meh in combat necklaces / rings 

Ruby Silver Missing Stat tag
Diamond Gold Sprint Efficiency
Emerald Tin Far Sight
Sapphire Iron Personal Healing Modifier
Topaz Copper Stamina Regen:In Combat

Ruby Briolette was still missing a stat last time I made one 

Diamond Briolette was unable to be tested for value? We had 2 players with same sprint stats race over maybe 1/4 of a zone one with one without could not see any real value the terrain created much more impact than the necklace 

Combat rings? - the only non-class specfic rings are 

Triangle
Ruby - Crit Hit damage - Personal Healing Modifier
Diamond - Cit Hit Damage - Ranged Distance Bonus

Sapphire - Crit Hit Damage - Perception
Topaz - Crit Hit Damage - Stealth

Does Stealth need a ring or could the values reach its cap more easily with the base armor equipment? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

I personally think that you should only lose item durability when fighting other players not npc's ( excluding guards ). This puts skinners at a disadvantage, not only you will lose item durability you also go through skinning knifes like nothing else. 

5 minutes ago, dolmar said:

they talk about alchemy updates? 

Also they still give the ETA as when its ready?

Frostweaver news? I was having to work what did they talk about?

5.7 drop time, as soon as possible, hope for snap tests... very soon.

Alchemy potion times are going down to 5 min to increase demand for alchemist.  @srathor had a rather negative reaction to that news. 

Potion quality has be added/updated.

So many other things. Durability chat, NPC gold, outpost campfires, morphing the unbuilt enchantment profession to not be a profession .....

I didn't get to see 100% of it, but what I did see, no frostweaver news.

JQzFMOT.jpg

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

6 minutes ago, Fefner said:

I personally think that you should only lose item durability when fighting other players not npc's ( excluding guards ). This puts skinners at a disadvantage, not only you will lose item durability you also go through skinning knifes like nothing else. 

With skinners, (btw that's what I do), you also get gold and XP in addition to the mats. 

Look make crafting potions of grey quality last 5 minutes. White 15  minutes, Green 30 minutes, Blue an hour,  Purple 3 hours Legendary 24 hours. 

Easy enough right. Tedium is never fun. Carrying around extra potions while an obvious target is just making it more risk. 

5 minutes ones...

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, srathor said:

Look make crafting potions of grey quality last 5 minutes. White 15  minutes, Green 30 minutes, Blue an hour,  Purple 3 hours Legendary 24 hours. 

Easy enough right. Tedium is never fun. Carrying around extra potions while an obvious target is just making it more risk. 

5 minutes ones...

giphy.gif

Agreed.  

If it was supposed to encourage people to buy entire potion runs, how about we wait until after the potion factory runs are in before ramping up the negative experience when there is no way to avoid the crafting tedium?

They already had a horse, no need to shove a cart in front of it right now.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

41 minutes ago, srathor said:

I won't say I like the idea of 5 minute potions, but I do like the idea of people carrying around commodities to be looted. Looting is fun, and all too often in games with looting the sensible thing to do is to have nothing worth looting in inventory. Mechanics that encourage people to have lootables in inventory are a good thing.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 minute ago, Jah said:

I won't say I like the idea of 5 minute potions, but I do like the idea of people carrying around commodities to be looted. Looting is fun, and all too often in games with looting the sensible thing to do is to have nothing worth looting in inventory. Mechanics that encourage people to have lootables in inventory are a good thing.

Looting is great fun for one side, but also hurts for the other.

Getting looted of stuff it took you 5 minutes to buy and replace (stack of factory run potions), is way easier to tolerate than getting looted for the same quantity of potions it took someone over half an hour to craft through.

As a developer they should be thinking just as hard, if not harder, about the losing experience than the winning one. It's natural to imagine how much fun winning will be, but harder to try to imagine how much losing hurts. They, in my opinion, should not be ramping up the pain at this point in anticipation of future systems, especially when it's such a trivial change programatically (changing a number from X to Y).

Losers tend to quit and stop playing/paying way more than winners.