Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kanark

New player confused about EK/Campaign.

So I know you have to export/import stuff into campaign and it's limited. I just started a new campaign and i have no armor or decent tools so i was told to go to an EK to buy stuff. How do i buy stuff in an EK and transfer it to a campaign? How do i pay for stuff? How do i know where to go to buy what i need?

I'm just a little confused about the process if someone could help me out here.

47 minutes ago, Kanark said:

So I know you have to export/import stuff into campaign and it's limited. I just started a new campaign and i have no armor or decent tools so i was told to go to an EK to buy stuff. How do i buy stuff in an EK and transfer it to a campaign? How do i pay for stuff? How do i know where to go to buy what i need?

I'm just a little confused about the process if someone could help me out here.

Welcome to the forums.

First, you don't "need" to import stuff into the campaigns. You can do so if you already were able to get some stuff in the last campaign and saved it in your spirit bank. The spirit bank can be accessed by pressing B and is your transfer container. If you open it in a campaign world, it will show the remaining limit at the bottom. Eternal Kingdoms don't have limits.

There are several EK's that offer public player-driven shops. You can find them in the Lobby -> Worlds -> Kingdom -> Browse. Srathor's Lawn, the Arkadium, Kittens shop, Infernal EK and Ravenheart are some of the most known shop EK's. In those Eks you will find vendors which may offer items for sale. Looks like this:

FZ4VXZF.jpg

To buy stuff from them, you will need gold pieces. Gold pieces can be looted from dead NPC monsters in the campaign worlds.

So, to buy stuff you need gold pieces. To get gold pieces you need to kill monsters. To kill monsters you need equipment. To get equipment you need to craft. To craft you need to harvest. At least as long as you dont have a guild that takes care of your basic needs.

Hit a tree to get wood. Build all the basic harvesting tools with this wood (press J to access the crafting menu) and harvest stone and ore, too. Then craft the basic weapons for your class. Now kill some boars. You can find a group of about half a dozen of them within the beachhead (starter village). If you are at the spawn temple with the huge golden statue, look into the same direction like the statue. Then go left until you reach a big stone arch. There you'll find the boars. Loot them to get gold and then skin them with a basic harvesting knife to get hide. With this hide you can craft an intermediate armor on the general crafting station in the lodge (big open house) in the beachhead. And upgrade your basic weapon to intermediate weapons. Also build some intermediate harvesting tools there. Now you are ready to conquer the world (well, or at least ready to die trying ;)  ).

Have fun and good luck. :)

Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

8 hours ago, Kraahk said:

Welcome to the forums.

First, you don't "need" to import stuff into the campaigns. You can do so if you already were able to get some stuff in the last campaign and saved it in your spirit bank. The spirit bank can be accessed by pressing B and is your transfer container. If you open it in a campaign world, it will show the remaining limit at the bottom. Eternal Kingdoms don't have limits.

There are several EK's that offer public player-driven shops. You can find them in the Lobby -> Worlds -> Kingdom -> Browse. Srathor's Lawn, the Arkadium, Kittens shop, Infernal EK and Ravenheart are some of the most known shop EK's. In those Eks you will find vendors which may offer items for sale. Looks like this:

FZ4VXZF.jpg

To buy stuff from them, you will need gold pieces. Gold pieces can be looted from dead NPC monsters in the campaign worlds.

So, to buy stuff you need gold pieces. To get gold pieces you need to kill monsters. To kill monsters you need equipment. To get equipment you need to craft. To craft you need to harvest. At least as long as you dont have a guild that takes care of your basic needs.

Hit a tree to get wood. Build all the basic harvesting tools with this wood (press J to access the crafting menu) and harvest stone and ore, too. Then craft the basic weapons for your class. Now kill some boars. You can find a group of about half a dozen of them within the beachhead (starter village). If you are at the spawn temple with the huge golden statue, look into the same direction like the statue. Then go left until you reach a big stone arch. There you'll find the boars. Loot them to get gold and then skin them with a basic harvesting knife to get hide. With this hide you can craft an intermediate armor on the general crafting station in the lodge (big open house) in the beachhead. And upgrade your basic weapon to intermediate weapons. Also build some intermediate harvesting tools there. Now you are ready to conquer the world (well, or at least ready to die trying ;)  ).

Have fun and good luck. :)

Kraahk

Thank you so much for your, very informative, post! This helps a lot.

Please let us know if the How to Play guide is unclear or missing information you need. Feedback helps us keep it relevant and useful. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

1 hour ago, Pann said:

Please let us know if the How to Play guide is unclear or missing information you need. Feedback helps us keep it relevant and useful. 

I'd be willing to bet that 99% of the new users don't even read it, and that's probably being generous. 

50 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I'd be willing to bet that 99% of the new users don't even read it, and that's probably being generous. 

agree, at some point Crowfall needs an ingame tutorial or new players will drop out at the beginning because they dont understand the game

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

Personally I'd just assume not have players who don't read.  But as long as all information available in videos and tutorials are also available in written format I'm happy.

Eventually, we will have an in-game tutorial and a streamlined new player experience, but our primary focus for now is to actually make the game itself. That means we have to rely on the written guide and tutorial videos to help educate players. I want to give a huge thank you to all of you who help answer questions, keep pointing people to the resources that are available and just being awesome like you are. =)

5 hours ago, Pann said:

Eventually, we will have an in-game tutorial and a streamlined new player experience, but our primary focus for now is to actually make the game itself. That means we have to rely on the written guide and tutorial videos to help educate players. I want to give a huge thank you to all of you who help answer questions, keep pointing people to the resources that are available and just being awesome like you are. =)

From the big cheese.

On 2/2/2018 at 9:48 AM, jtoddcoleman said:

This is not surprising, given that we haven't built a new player experience yet.

new player experience is typically the LAST thing that you work on, because it's heavily scripted and (as a result) incredibly fragile.  whenever you make a change to any system, any balance table, any user interface -- even moving a button -- the damn thing breaks.  because it's so custom crafted.

Doing it early in the development process, when everything is in flux, means that you spend an inordinate of time fixing it every. single. time. you put up a new version.

Better to just put it off until things are settled (i.e. do it last.)  It does mean that many (most?) incoming players have no clue how systems work, but that's the lesser of the two evils. Development velocity is paramount.

Todd

On 2/2/2018 at 3:14 PM, KrakkenSmacken said:

I would love to quote this answer to the plethora of players that complain about the new player experience. 

Lord knows I've bitched enough about it, and it's importance, along the way.  I sometimes lose sight of the fact that there must be a time budget built in for systems needed to support that experience, and keep mentally trying to imagine how the current model can be adjusted to accommodate a more entertaining start.

So just how LAST is it?  Is it LAST right before Beta, or LAST right before initial launch?

On 2/5/2018 at 8:30 AM, jtoddcoleman said:

yes, you can quote it.

Last meaning "I will put it off as long as we can, to give the systems under it the maximum amount of time to solidify".  I wouldn't even be shocked if we put a draft version in at soft launch, then change it completely in the period between soft launch and hard launch (i.e. once we run enough players through it to get a statistical bead on how effective it is.)  

Todd

Besides EK's, will players have a place at the start where they can access the different tradeskill tables?

Given the limited amount of transactions on the spirit bank, having to go out into pvp zones to be able to craft anything beyond leather armor is probably going to be frustrating for new players, especially if they haven't been able to hook up with a guild.

19 minutes ago, binny45 said:

Besides EK's, will players have a place at the start where they can access the different tradeskill tables?

Given the limited amount of transactions on the spirit bank, having to go out into pvp zones to be able to craft anything beyond leather armor is probably going to be frustrating for new players, especially if they haven't been able to hook up with a guild.

That´s extrinsic motivation to find a guild. ^^

On 9/19/2018 at 12:01 PM, binny45 said:

Oh believe me, I'm trying. Harder than one thinks.

Why are you having a hard time finding a guild?

Some people in this game, even in pre-alpha, are pretty paranoid.  Between having a flu with a sore throat (was accused of using a voice modulator) and switching from Balance to Chaos, some folks thought I was a spy. I couldn't stop laughing.

48 minutes ago, binny45 said:

Some people in this game, even in pre-alpha, are pretty paranoid.  Between having a flu with a sore throat (was accused of using a voice modulator) and switching from Balance to Chaos, some folks thought I was a spy. I couldn't stop laughing.

Telling them you are a spy wasn't part of the deal. I am disappointed and want my money back. :ph34r:

2W1ZHpA.jpg

If you hang out just outside the gate and then tag along behind a group of players obviously moving together you will be considered scouting them.   Most of the active guilds have many accounts and will park a scout outside the enemy gate just to get info on numbers and vector of the enemy.    It is a valid tactic.   We know there are a lot of new players and we are monitoring the names of those possible alt accounts but mostly we call players lurking "spys" because it is funny.   This is opposed to "moles" who will attempt to infiltrate another guild for deeper deception.   All you need is to have one of your players craft and "intersect" rune that allows you to "flash" on all of the personal info of the player,  oh wait, no, that is the plot of "Chuck".
fYizAln.png  <<<<<<   SPY

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

This game is starting to sound a lot like Darkfall, so much drama.  I just started, when I started Darkfall I couldn't get a guild because I was rumored to be a spy.  It's game-breaking when people consider you a spy and won't associate with you.