Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hammur

5.7 Will there be a wipe?

It is looking like 5.7 should be pushed to live very soon. I think most everyone sees this as a great improvement and is looking forward to seeing it on live. It has been over a month since I can find any official statement about the necessity to do a spirit bank or skill wipe with the introduction of 5.7. The last statement I can find, Todd said neither would be necessary. Todd's comment is at 6:40 Can we get an update on this?

Edited by Hammur
edit

I was really hoping for a response from the dev team and thought there would be more interest from the community. If there is not a wipe planed, an official comment would most likely have a positive impact on the overall server population. Nobody likes the unknown. 

14 minutes ago, Hammur said:

I was really hoping for a response from the dev team and thought there would be more interest from the community. If there is not a wipe planed, an official comment would most likely have a positive impact on the overall server population. Nobody likes the unknown. 

It may be true that "nobody likes the unknown" but an announced wipe kills activity even more than an unannounced wipe.

And while I agree that telliing us there will be no wipe would increase activity, if something comes up that requires a wipe, people would feel bitter about being misled.

ACE is in a tough spot when it comes to announcing whether they anticipate wipes.

IhhQKY6.gif

Yes, there will be a complete wipe - skills, Spirit Banks, EKs -- when 5.7 is deployed to LIVE. I'm nor able to give an ETA yet on when that will happen, but we're really close. Please watch for snap test announcements and pile in if you can. That will help us get 5.7 LIVE-worthy much faster. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

19 minutes ago, Pann said:

Yes, there will be a complete wipe - skills, Spirit Banks, EKs -- when 5.7 is deployed to LIVE. I'm nor able to give an ETA yet on when that will happen, but we're really close. Please watch for snap test announcements and pile in if you can. That will help us get 5.7 LIVE-worthy much faster. 

skills? seriously? UGH

37 minutes ago, Pann said:

Tough to swallow but ohwell. 

31 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

skills? seriously? UGH

30 minutes ago, Jah said:

Welp, hopefully all the people that need a wipe to feel like they aren't behind the curve jump on board for 5.7!

13 minutes ago, dolmar said:

Tough to swallow but ohwell. 

Let's not forget this little tidbit too:
unknown.png

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

I hadn't even noticed that lol - Thank you. But for those of us who have been with this for a while, we know wipes are necessary and we were told all along they would happen. Do I like them? Hell no! But I'm not gonna waste my time complaining about something I knew was going to happen at some point, I would be one of those who would be bitter at not being told, because I would like to know. I'm still gonna get in just as much, and do what I'm going to do. Thanks for the heads up, Pann!

9 minutes ago, Destrin said:

Let's not forget this little tidbit too:
unknown.png

Well, that makes this far more close to a real test of a starting economy than 10x did.

I wonder if we will actually ever end up at 1x, or if 3x will be found to be the sweet spot.

10 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I wonder if we will actually ever end up at 1x, or if 3x will be found to be the sweet spot.

3 is better than 1, for sure!

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

9 minutes ago, Destrin said:

3 is better than 1, for sure!

20 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Well, that makes this far more close to a real test of a starting economy than 10x did.

How would we still test without an accelerated rate? 

@Destrin

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

How would we still without an accelerated rate? 

How would we still _________ without an accelerated rate?

Fill in the blank.

YouTube Channel

7 minutes ago, mandalore said:

How would we still without an accelerated rate? 

Good question. 

3x makes a day feel like a long weekend training wise. So it should be possible to see how far someone could get on their first weekend, (probably a reasonable first exposure experience), in the first day, at least training wise.

It's also going to test the effect of training speed on peoples proclivity to chase higher level critters, to get gold, to take, hold and use keeps/forts to get to the NPC material traders quickly, when the harvesting training is all but useless for ... probably the first couple of weeks after reset.

It would have been nice to see the impact of the decay changes on existing gear, but this will teach a few things as well.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

57 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

skills? seriously? UGH

Wipe those tears, you will recover and people will be complaining in no time about -W-'s perceived gear advantage. Wiping the training gives them a better idea of how harvesting needs to be balanced and what to expect from a CW.  This allows you to crush the new pop who often blames gear and training for losing when they would have lost anyways. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

21 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Wipe those tears, you will recover and people will be complaining in no time about -W-'s perceived gear advantage. Wiping the training gives them a better idea of how harvesting needs to be balanced and what to expect from a CW.  This allows you to crush the new pop who often blames gear and training for losing when they would have lost anyways. 

People complain about W?