Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
veeshan

Move some recipes around for crafts

Melee weapons are so much easier to crafts over the range counterparts and here a reason why.
Lets look at melee weapons (aka blacksmithing recipes) everything required to crafts a melee weapon is all found within the black smithing tree with 1 minor exception the leather or plank or wood required to crafts the grip however the grip itself is a black smith recipe which is fine but when we look at range weapons lets use a bow for example its a little skewed since your require blacksmithing to make the ingots, the bow sight and the bow rest which means you have to level into black smithing if you wanna make 4 pieces to be decent quality/experimentation, you also need to go further and unlock the 2nd recipe unlock in blacksmithing to get there where stitched leather or wooden planks is the first skill. Now we also have arrow heads being in blacksmithing aswell which is also a bit of a pain. Also staffs and books both suffer this same thing aswell making blacksmithing so much more important to have than say woodworking.

To sum it up move the recipe for Bow rest, Bow sight, Book Clasp and staff heel into woodworking however keep there ingot costs in the recipe so they need a good blacksmith to make the ingots this put woodworking somewhat in line with blacksmithing, Also considering doing the same to arrows aswell but u can make the recipe 1 ingots if you want instead of 3 ore x 3 it keep the cost to craft the same just easier to manage will need to change experimentation a little too i would say.

This will be easier for trading situation aswell instead of trtying to find a good bow rest which will be much harder than finding a good ingot to make the bow rest.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

i'm surprised woodworking doesn't have wood arrowheads for basic damage.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

The weapons are too heavily focused into BS, yes...  Focus Orb should definitely be an Alchemy recipe imo.    The weapons should need more interdependence with 2 other crafts for parity to bows, staves, and books.  Smith's get all the business.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Perhaps we will see more crafting slots open up in the near future. Harvesting on plants has yet to be introduced. I could see the option to make cloth type gear or a tailor type profession. Also cooking and farming could be professions to be introduced. 

They did say apples for poison was merely a place holder for now. I can see some possibilities of revamps in the crafting skill trees in the near future. 

Jababbo

V, this is really thoughtful stuff. To your last point, I think the original intent was to have generic materials for the crafting of items to be more easily created from a static base.

What surprises me is that they didn’t take the same approach to the component crafting. I would think that various crafts would have equivalents of each of the components with varied results when those pieces are assembled. 

“A woodcrafter can make a hilt... a Metal crafter can make a hilt... both can make a a bow sight... heck I wouldn’t mind if the smaller ingredients could be crafted by enchanters as well...Necromancers should be able to craft them out of bone... “

And the, when those ingredients are assembled, an AI similar to the one which assembled Mourning Maps assembles the year into a random roll from those categories, giving a larger pool to pull from for Aesthetics and Stats.. it falls more in the Diablo II level of random craft. 

But it makes it so that crafters don’t get shoehorned into only being able to create one kind of thing. It also makes the diversity of materials worth obtaining and ups the trade value of things other than wood and ore. 

6nraKf.png

12 minutes ago, Ryse said:

V, this is really thoughtful stuff. To your last point, I think the original intent was to have generic materials for the crafting of items to be more easily created from a static base.

What surprises me is that they didn’t take the same approach to the component crafting. I would think that various crafts would have equivalents of each of the components with varied results when those pieces are assembled. 

“A woodcrafter can make a hilt... a Metal crafter can make a hilt... both can make a a bow sight... heck I wouldn’t mind if the smaller ingredients could be crafted by enchanters as well...Necromancers should be able to craft them out of bone... “

And the, when those ingredients are assembled, an AI similar to the one which assembled Mourning Maps assembles the year into a random roll from those categories, giving a larger pool to pull from for Aesthetics and Stats.. it falls more in the Diablo II level of random craft. 

But it makes it so that crafters don’t get shoehorned into only being able to create one kind of thing. It also makes the diversity of materials worth obtaining and ups the trade value of things other than wood and ore. 

There aren't enough harvestable items to give every single craft different stat outcomes for created goods. 

I agree Zatch.. 100%. The thread took a turn for the theoretical, based on elements that don’t exist yet. I was merely throwing together a concept that allowed V to get what he wanted without taking apart the current design. We’re throwing opinions out about partially formed elements. And they’re going to have to expand the base of ingredients in the future, and have implied as much several times in the live stream. The goal with the barebones system we have was to keep it from getting bloated at the onset like so many other crafting systems in MMOs these days. 

6nraKf.png

On 7/30/2018 at 9:32 PM, Frykka said:

The weapons are too heavily focused into BS, yes...  Focus Orb should definitely be an Alchemy recipe imo.    The weapons should need more interdependence with 2 other crafts for parity to bows, staves, and books.  Smith's get all the business.

Personally, I would like to see them split the smith profession into more categories.  

Like Heavy Armor, Chain Armor, Blades, Blunt, Range (firearms),  etc. 

A master blade crafter should not also be the best guy to get your armor from.  Right now to get all armor and most weapons, it's blacksmith, unless you wan't a suit of leather, then it's the close to one trick pony leather maker.

I can see them splitting up the current crafting trees to have further specializations like Race and Class, perhaps even allowing specialization to the point that there is an Ultimate Ingot Smelter due to all their training focus, or the Hilt crafter. Building a Bow does require different knowledge than a Staff or Book after all.

ScornofLife2.jpg

2 hours ago, Scorn said:

I can see them splitting up the current crafting trees to have further specializations like Race and Class, perhaps even allowing specialization to the point that there is an Ultimate Ingot Smelter due to all their training focus, or the Hilt crafter. Building a Bow does require different knowledge than a Staff or Book after all.

If using better sub-components had a noticeably better chance at yielding a better result, I could see them going this route. Unfortunately, right now that just isn't the case. The lift to the RNG just isn't worth the added cost to worry about better pieces to warrant any extra benefit. You can take a bunch of sub-components that aren't ideal and they magically pop into the best weapons possible. 

Edited by Spawl

2 hours ago, Spawl said:

If using better sub-components had a noticeably better chance at yielding a better result, I could see them going this route. Unfortunately, right now that just isn't the case. The lift to the RNG just isn't worth the added cost to worry about better pieces to warrant any extra benefit. You can take a bunch of sub-components that aren't ideal and they magically pop into the best weapons possible. 

You can get much better results with amazing sub-components. Yeah, an amazing roll with bad components is significant better than a success with good components, but an amazing final roll with amazing components is much better.

Good components don't increase the chances for a better result, they increase the stats of a better result.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 minute ago, Jah said:

You can get much better results with amazing sub-components. Yeah, an amazing roll with bad components is significant better than a success with good components, but an amazing final roll with amazing components is much better.

Good components don't increase the chances for a better result, they increase the stats of a better result.

Yeah, I think that is the risk/reward needs to be improved, the range of results is too wide for each quality of component. 

10 hours ago, Spawl said:

Yeah, I think that is the risk/reward needs to be improved, the range of results is too wide for each quality of component. 

That won't be the case when you can crank out through a factory, multiple copies of that one components amazing success.

Right now everything is a one off, but with factories we are going to see a much higher demand for the high quality sub components, because you will get more than one chance on that final item with them being used.