Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Outposts & War Banner - Official Discussion Thread

I would love to see vendor moved to these at random. Vendors that have limited amount of inventory , with a randomized inventory respawn. Things like food, bandages, etc pulled off from the forts and keeps.

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

They are interesting. Especially with the new guards on it since last patch. Nearly got a heart attack when they spotted me the first time.

Anyways, i doubt that a lot of solo players will be able to conquer a tower with five 90m-range ranger npc's on it.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

is there any plan to make the "war slider" UI basically readable cough balance cough or any other means of viewing what your faction owns - e.g. via the world map or something else

also it takes up a chunk of space - possible to collapse it etc?

also the current implementation of cartography is just not worth doing person to person for the resource and time cost [cough versus a world map screenshot]

perhaps revisit the idea of a warmap tent in a beachhead or keep instead...

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

I think Anthrage mentioned it in other threads and I agree with him on this. Towers should give Far Sight buff for players to actually utilize them properly. Maybe also contain trade chests, since they take forever to cap by roamers (let alone flipping from other faction). Otherwise they will be left out in campaigns IMO.

When / if will we see either campaign rewards or more benefits from capturing these outposts / forts. Right now it seems like the only benefit to these outposts / forts is to move a slider on top of your screen through victory points. But without campaign rewards or some benefit to capturing other than a toast message to try and invite PVP, these victory points seem pointless.

2 minutes ago, Gorantu said:

When / if will we see either campaign rewards or more benefits from capturing these outposts / forts. Right now it seems like the only benefit to these outposts / forts is to move a slider on top of your screen through victory points. But without campaign rewards or some benefit to capturing other than a toast message to try and invite PVP, these victory points seem pointless.

While the victory points are useless the gathering/banking ablity of the forts are the only reason to hold them. Some of my guys find a fort to hold and then gather all the elements around it during the campaign its our pvpers job to make sure we hold it.

6 minutes ago, N4then said:

Will the campaign servers restart today ? my screen still show the end of the campain for the 8/2/2018 6 AM

We all are hoping for Test to move to Live production. With the wipe announced no one is wanting to play, So hopefully they push it to live since its stable and that will reset bank/ek/campaign . That will get more people into the new world and they can tweek it as long as there is no show stopper bugs left.  

13 minutes ago, Gorantu said:

I thought Jah said there were bonuses in 5.7.  Like bonuses to crafters for crafting IN an owned campaign fort.  If there are no incentives for taking objectives in 5.7, we're going to have trouble sustaining any reasonable server population.

49 minutes ago, Anhrez said:

I would love to see vendor moved to these at random. Vendors that have limited amount of inventory , with a randomized inventory respawn. Things like food, bandages, etc pulled off from the forts and keeps.

Flipping a tower could trigger a free item chest respawn with some stuff in it, like a bunch of arrows and intermediate arms used by the archers, some food, and maybe even some wildcrafting (still to be added) raw resources gathered from the area.  

The existing chest/resource mechanic would be an easy way to give some incentive to players to take them while they flesh out the other conquest mechanics.

3 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Flipping a tower could trigger a free item chest respawn with some stuff in it, like a bunch of arrows and intermediate arms used by the archers, some food, and maybe even some wildcrafting (still to be added) raw resources gathered from the area.  

The existing chest/resource mechanic would be an easy way to give some incentive to players to take them while they flesh out the other conquest mechanics.

Reading the article, the outposts give free campfires.  That's not nothing.

5 minutes ago, Arcadi said:

Reading the article, the outposts give free campfires.  That's not nothing.

From what I saw on 5.7, the campfires are not the sort you can craft with meat to feed your crew.  Just health regen.  Not much more valuable than a stack of bandages.

Heck, I would even take a chest full of campfire's already crafted.  Doesn't have to be ore/stone etc.

Heck, they are scattering random chests about already.  Just move those to the outposts and beef them up a bit.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I know it has been said a million times but if there was just some sort of ticking point counter for each faction for controlling outposts, forts, and keeps these small objectives might give a constant stream of small scale PvP. Something you would actually set out to do solo or with less than a group.

aeei5jG.png

11 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

From what I saw on 5.7, the campfires are not the sort you can craft with meat to feed your crew.  Just health regen.  Not much more valuable than a stack of bandages.

Heck, I would even take a chest full of campfire's already crafted.  Doesn't have to be ore/stone etc.

Heck, they are scattering random chests about already.  Just move those to the outposts and beef them up a bit.

I like this, there are a lot of small utility items they could put in there to incentivize pvp at the smaller outposts.

1 hour ago, Kraahk said:

They are interesting. Especially with the new guards on it since last patch. Nearly got a heart attack when they spotted me the first time.

Anyways, i doubt that a lot of solo players will be able to conquer a tower with five 90m-range ranger npc's on it.

I would love to see only 1 melee guard as default, but then allow the factions to upgrade the number of guards and type of guards.

• Campfires - Max 2 guards
  • Single tower - Max 3 guards
  • Double tower - Max 6 guards

The guard upgrades could be a gild sink, while placing a new guard would require the crafting or purchase of a "vendor".

I'm really interested to see the strategy part come through.  Feeling like a game in 5.7.

lUvvzPy.png