Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xhavier

Passive Skill Tree is Very Alarming!

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

It’s okay in times of great need the ace dev partners (and jah) come together to fight injustice and bad posts.  

Now about that foot in your mouth...pics?

My posts was actually not focused on the actual soft launch date as that was an issue Jah brought up not me.

I was more curious on the sources for the many years it would take you to flesh out the tree?

5 minutes ago, Xhavier said:

My posts was actually not focused on the actual soft launch date as that was an issue Jah brought up not me.

I was more curious on the sources for the many years it would take you to flesh out the tree?

Well if x1 is the rate of training for live, currently it is as far as we know, then math (not feelings) will help you determine the time to level out trees but they said early in the KS the goal is for it to take years and only be a part of your account/characters power (not even the largest chunk).  

Are you sure you’re as informed as you would assure us?  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 minutes ago, Xhavier said:

I'm Informed I assure you. Thanks for your efforts to discredit me!

Well inform us about something current then?  I dont need to discredit you, you did that all on your own with your outdated info.  

Why do you use sensationalism and alarmism to try and make your point?  You don’t like the training system; why should they spend the money and time to change it 3 years into production?  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

6 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Well inform us about something current then?  I dont need to discredit you, you did that all on your own with your outdated info.  

Why do you use sensationalism and alarmism to try and make your point?  You don’t like the training system; why should they spend the money and time to change it 3 years into production?  

Are you going to whine about the way I said something? A lot of us would like to discuss about this okay,  a lot of us are worried about this?

Why don't you tell us what you think of the current Passive tree since I think I've made my statement in my previous posts!

I think you’re whinging on your soap box and trying to argue for things you think you understand and don’t.  The system as we know it is far from perfect but to assume they are going to 100% scrape it and change it is just foolish.  How much money and how many months of work is it worth?  

We don’t know how the system will change.  We don’t know if it will remain as rigid.  We don’t know what the new skill nodes will be in the classes or what the warmth nodes will be changed to.  There’s lots of things we don’t know.  

I vote you keep whinging and posting posting inaccurate info so I can call another assembly of the dev partners.  

1.  Bruce Banner = @Gradishar

2.  Hulk = Madishar

3.  Captain America  = @blazzen

4.  Black widow = @Destrin

6.  Ant-Man = @srathor

7.  Thor = @MaryJane

8.  Ironman = me obviously 

9.  Hawkeye = @Jah since neither is obviously included in their group

10.  Loki = @Tark Bc he’s obviously a villain and sometimes an ally but never to be trusted

wiDfyPp.png

30 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I think you’re whinging on your soap box and trying to argue for things you think you understand and don’t.  The system as we know it is far from perfect but to assume they are going to 100% scrape it and change it is just foolish.  How much money and how many months of work is it worth?  

We don’t know how the system will change.  We don’t know if it will remain as rigid.  We don’t know what the new skill nodes will be in the classes or what the warmth nodes will be changed to.  There’s lots of things we don’t know.  

I vote you keep whinging and posting posting inaccurate info so I can call another assembly of the dev partners.  

1.  Bruce Banner = @Gradishar

2.  Hulk = Madishar

3.  Captain America  = @blazzen

4.  Black widow = @Destrin

6.  Ant-Man = @srathor

7.  Thor = @MaryJane

8.  Ironman = me obviously 

9.  Hawkeye = @Jah since neither is obviously included in their group

10.  Loki = @Tark Bc he’s obviously a villain and sometimes an ally but never to be trusted

For the record I've never called for it's removal or for it to be scrapped in my original post I mentioned that it was in my hopes that it would be improved upon and that I think and i think that many others would also agree on this that It deffintitaly needs to be worked on and it was only my intention for it to be focused upon by the devs because I feel like it is quite critical for to be done right for the games success..

You seem to be rather more interested in rallying your buddies and calling me out for misinformation which never happened in the first place.

7 hours ago, Xhavier said:

calling me out for misinformation which never happened in the first place.

Here is your misinformation that happened in the first place:

16 hours ago, Xhavier said:

It currently doesn't take "years" especially for people that are active. In fact for someone that plays a lot and the fact that were soft launching supposedly by the end of the year all backers that are active with be a master in everything before the game even releases rofl

IhhQKY6.gif

19 hours ago, Xhavier said:

Thanks for the updated information I missed that one,

regardless of the the soft launch date we seem to be moving off topic here. 

19 hours ago, Destrin said:

@Xhavier

Here is the more recent announcement that will not soft launch this year.

https://crowfall.com/en/news/articles/founders-update-mid-year-check-point-2018/

Lack of updated information it was never my intention to misinform.

Edited by Xhavier

19 hours ago, Xhavier said:

It was you who brought up the incorrect soft launch date as part of your argument, not me.

And that was just one of the three things you got wrong in that post. You also said it doesn't take years to train all the crafting lines, and you said backers will be masters of everything before the game even launches. They won't because everyone will start fresh at soft launch.

It is not "moving off topic" to correct your false statements.

IhhQKY6.gif

Point blank the current passive tree is very underwhelming.

There are many controversial mechanics of it I can pick up and discuss on, but I'm not here to nitpick whats wrong and whats right. Neither am I here to send out my own agenda or vision. I understand as a long time backer of many games that we as gamers all would like to see the game in somewhat of our own vision especially when it's in development. I'd just like to raise awareness on the subject and see how many others on the subject agree with me or feel this way.....

Other mechanics in the game I feel are innovative and spectacular. I feel like the dev team is holding the torch in many of these categories so to see the passive skill tree as it is, is quite frankly disappointing and I feel as if the dev team could definitely improve on this one.

Here are some keywords I would like to use to describe the current passive skill tree so my claims aren't completely baseless:

Boring, Linear, Static, Disappointing, Unimaginative, Indifferent, Outdated, Unavailing, Deficient.

I've corrected myself on the "soft launch date"

I hold it to my belief that many backers will receive a head start during the soft launch as the game wont be officially released without major advertisements 

The soft launch is a separate issue that can be debated in another thread, thanks Jah! 

Provided that it will take years to flesh out the tree I'm doubtful of this but if it is this way I would agree that it would be the better way to develop the system by offsetting most of the exp gains in the beginning it will be much harder for veteran players to gain a huge edge resulting in a power gap between new players and old.

27 minutes ago, Xhavier said:

backers will receive a head start during the soft launch as the game wont be officially released without major advertisements 

Incorrect. Nobody will get a head start when the game launches. Please don't spread misinformation.

IhhQKY6.gif

12 minutes ago, Jah said:

Incorrect. Nobody will get a head start when the game launches. Please don't spread misinformation.

I said in my own opinion you doofus!

23 minutes ago, Xhavier said:

I said in my own opinion you doofus!

Personal attacks are against the tos.  

You shouldn’t be using this platform to spread lies.  

wiDfyPp.png

4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Personal attacks are against the tos.  

You shouldn’t be using this platform to spread lies.  

7 minutes ago, Jah said:

That doesn't make it any less false.

You're hilarious and a joke thanks Jah!

6 minutes ago, Xhavier said:

You're hilarious and a joke thanks Jah!

You’re a sensationalist looking for attention and pontificating from your soap box.  We get it; you think the world is burning and only a change to the passive skill system will put it out.  We get it Bromego. 

Jah is a white knight, he’s not a comedian. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

20 hours ago, Xhavier said:

I said in my own opinion

Seems that if your opinion differs from a few vocal folks that it isn't worth much. 

ACE took their stance on this subject a good while ago and as they don't have someone responding to these topics regularly, might as well drop it as we have done multiple times before.

If they decide to go in a different direction or improve the system, will be up to them. Class training is blank (or was last I checked), maybe they have something planned.

As was pointed out so kindly :rolleyes:, launch is a good ways off. Maybe by then they'll have updated the FAQ and made it easier for everyone to find certain lacking details. Like what the game's status is...

Edited by APE

34 minutes ago, APE said:

Seems that if your opinion differs from a few vocal folks that it isn't worth much.

Flies decide like that. APEs should know better. ^^

Low post count plebs!  How dare you have opinions different from your rightful higher post count overlords!  

Heretics!

Heathens!

What cracks me up is you guys bringing up points that were made and dropped years ago.  L2Necro some old posts or search the boards?  

wiDfyPp.png