Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

ACE Q&A for August - Official Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Very good Q&A.  Happy to hear pretty much everything in this one.

Except how far in the future (5.9) the crafting upgrade probably is.

I thought they had said that projects were coming in 5.8, but it is very good to hear that experimentation will be getting an update.

13 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I thought they had said that projects were coming in 5.8, but it is very good to hear that experimentation will be getting an update.

6:44  Blair  "I don't know if it's going to land in 5.8"....   7:53  "as little pieces in 5.8, and hopefully in 5.9"

When dealing with development, I tend to have a pessimistic view regarding timelines.  EVERYTHING always takes longer than you hope/expect, so I just added my own personal, "don't be impatient" buffer.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

well some of its is ongoing, as we have see partial and full re-roll stats are in. Just no change in the crafting window/mechanics to leverage the new stats

5FfS5pQ.png

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

1 hour ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

6:44  Blair  "I don't know if it's going to land in 5.8"....   7:53  "as little pieces in 5.8, and hopefully in 5.9"

When dealing with development, I tend to have a pessimistic view regarding timelines.  EVERYTHING always takes longer than you hope/expect, so I just added my own personal, "don't be impatient" buffer.

Yeah, I realize what he said in the Q&A. I was referring to a previous video/livestream where Blair mentioned projects specifically. 

1 minute ago, Zatch said:

@ACE_Jackal I have a question about the upgraded walls. I am a kickstarter backer, but I own a 2016 keep. Will my walls be upgraded?

Good question, because in the past the only difference was supposed to be cosmetic between KS Keeps and 2016 Keeps.

IhhQKY6.gif

7 minutes ago, Zatch said:

@ACE_Jackal I have a question about the upgraded walls. I am a kickstarter backer, but I own a 2016 keep. Will my walls be upgraded?

If I understand the mechanics, you can pick at the time of placement from a number of options available. 

Based on those mechanics, the Q&A seems to indicate all the kickstarter buildings have been set to the maximum number of options.

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

If I understand the mechanics, you can pick at the time of placement from a number of options available. 

Based on those mechanics, the Q&A seems to indicate all the kickstarter buildings have been set to the maximum number of options.

That would be my assumption for how it works.

20 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Right, but what about 2015 buildings, 2016 buildings, etc.?

IhhQKY6.gif

13 minutes ago, Jah said:

Right, but what about 2015 buildings, 2016 buildings, etc.?

Well, if I was ACE, I would order them numerically backwards from the highest value, and then start again at the bottom.

So if the range was 0-255, KS 2015 would be 255, then 2016 would be 254, and so on.

Lowest value for the building would be 0, then tier 1 then tier 2, etc.  

Right now there would be a huge gap in the middle, so maybe from tier 5 - 253 would all register in the system as tier 5.  

So as long as > always means better, they can lock the highest valued kickstarter version at 1, and those backers would get everything that comes out automatically, now and for the future, without needing to change anything.

If you want an infinite amount of options, you scale from 0.00... to 1.00..., with a float instead of full numbers. 

If you want to deal with locked out specifics, make a set of the ranges easy to set to a fixed value, say from 0.00 - 0.499... and are all the ranged assets, and .50... - 1.00 are all fixed.  So if you have a .99999 version that's 2015, which would give you all the values from 0.00 - 0.4999 AND the .99999 (2015), but would for example skip over .99998 (2016). 

That's how I would do it, but that's just very wild speculation on my part.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

9 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

That's how I would do it, but that's just very wild speculation on my part.

The issue is that they gave the indication that the only difference between a KS castle and a 2015 castle is the "accessory pack." If they make the wall pieces different in a functional way, they are going back on that.

In my backer rewards list I have multiple fort bundles that are stacked and identical, and then I have separate KS, 2015, 2016 accessory packs. If I were to gift one of those fort bundles, how would I know whether I had gifted my "better' KS version or my worse 2016 version?

Separating out bundles that were allegedly equal and making them unequal creates a number of issues.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

2 minutes ago, Jah said:

This issue is that they gave the indication that the only difference between a KS castle and a 2015 castle is the "accessory pack." If they make the wall pieces different in a functional way, they are going back on that.

In my backer rewards list I have multiple fort bundles that are stacked and identical, and then I have separate KS, 2015, 2016 accessory packs. If I were to gift one of those fort bundles, how would I know whether I had gifted my "better' KS version or my worse 2016 version?

Separating out bundles that were allegedly equal and making them unequal creates a number of issues.

That is a question above my pay grade. (Free  :))

It wouldn't be the first time they changed the pledge packages, they dropped the "extra character slots" one ages ago. (Ironically they could probably do that now with the vessel slots).  The tend to not change those things until they are certain the direction things are going is not going to change.

I would say that I would trust ACE to do something to make it so as to be better to have been early than later.  I'm not even sure what's supposed to be in an "accessory pack".  Was it the building cosmetic stuff?

I really like that certain zones will not open until later in the CW "year" - great way to keep the particular CW going, and start some fresh fights.

I am still unclear as to how all of our KS building rewards will work. Does everyone get to plop their rewards down in an EK on day 1 of launch? If so, please tell me there will be substantial maintenance costs. Probably two years ago I posted this thread, and I still have very similar questions.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com