Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quiris

2x1080ti SLI means 39 fps in 2k ? Really?

Title says everything.

Just wondering if there is a way to get a decent frame rate or if simply have to wait for a better optimization.
This way is simply unplayable.

Thank you.

Have you tried turning down some of your settings?

Is 39 FPS really the highest you see, or are you talking about it dipping to that point? I see higher FPS than that most of the time with an old 960.

But yea, if 39 FPS is "simply unplayable" for you, you might need to wait on optimization.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, Jah said:

Have you tried turning down some of your settings?

Is 39 FPS really the highest you see, or are you talking about it dipping to that point? I see higher FPS than that most of the time with an old 960.

But yea, if 39 FPS is "simply unplayable" for you, you might need to wait on optimization.

47 is the highest value i have seen..but just for few seconds. Average is 39; and yes i have already tried to set everything to the minimum, but honestly it doesn't change anything [literally: it simply doesn't influence my FPS at all]. 

32 minutes ago, Zatch said:

Are you on Live or Test?

Live.

Anyway, i think i'm just going to wait few months or so.. i have great expectetions for this game.. i simply don't wanna start hating him because of poor alpha optimization.

Edited by Quiris

3 minutes ago, Quiris said:

47 is the highest value i sow..but just for few seconds. Average is 39; and yes i have already tried to set everything to the minimum, but honestly it doesn't change anything [literally: it simply doesn't influence my FPS at all]. 

Live.

Anyway, i think i'm just going to wait few months or so.. i have great expectetions for this game.. i simply don't wanna start hating him because of poor alpha optimization.

The test client has much better optimization. 5.6 has huge issues with fps, and almost everyone got a significant increase in the fps department on 5.7. More than likely there will be a build on the test server sometime today, and it might be worth checking out to see how much of an increase you get. For me personally I went from 25 avg fps to about 55. 

Edited by Zatch

What Zatch said. Plus, most of the optimizations will be done during beta.

Regarding SLI, I don't think Crowfall takes advantage of that, so having 2 is no better than having 1. That's my understanding anyway.

6 hours ago, Arkade said:

What Zatch said. Plus, most of the optimizations will be done during beta.

Regarding SLI, I don't think Crowfall takes advantage of that, so having 2 is no better than having 1. That's my understanding anyway.

This is anecdote, but I usually see 60 FPS on 5.7 with my 780Ti.

Not 100% sure what my settings are at, but I do run at my monitors max resolution, and they are pretty decent so probably 1920x1080 (Can't check now for sure, at work).

EDIT. 

1920X1080 80 FPS stable is correct.  Running at Medium over all quality.

If I bump to Very high, it starts to wobble from 55-35, with 50+ being the norm.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Be careful with one thing : your resolution.

I've bought a UHD4k monitor 2 weeks ago and was thrilled to test games with it, i found that at 4K resolution, Crowfall got a hit in FPS, even on the actual test client.

On 1920*1080 resolution i'm at 160fps beachhead and 80fps on zone with a SLI of 980GTX (but SLI is not supported in Crowfall i think)

On 3840*2160 resolution i'm at  ~30fps on zone and 80 fps on beachhead.

So it could be that if you have that kind of resolution too, try the client in windowed mode at 1920*1080 if it's the case.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

4k gaming just isn't practical yet for most games even on cutting edge hardware. Much less games in development that are still undergoing major optimizations and lack game specific drivers. I play in 1440p on my 1080ti and still get good frames though.

The jump from 1080p to 4k is massive in terms of cost.

1080p is 2,073,600 pixels

2160p (4k) is 8,294,400 pixels

Try disabling shadows, that did it for me. Also, check your GPU usage, the case might be that the game is botlenecked by cpu (threrefore cant draw oftenen enough) therefore its a code optimisation problem rathen than hardware

You're into FPS aswell? Check out my site: http://gearuptowin.com where you can check what gear does your favorite CS:GO/Overwatch player use!

Crowfall doesn't really take advantage of SLI yet. I own 4 1080 Ti's and I've played with multiple configurations and nothing really gave me an FPS boost. 

On 8/7/2018 at 1:17 PM, Quiris said:

Title says everything.

Just wondering if there is a way to get a decent frame rate or if simply have to wait for a better optimization.
This way is simply unplayable.

Thank you.

Fps is more about just your video card. I have a laptop with same card as you,  installed on my slave drive hdd7200rpm 

I7 Intell quad core .. 32gb memory and I never drop below 50 fps but I'm always in 100-140 fps .. 50 fps happens when I'm in combat 50fps is plenty to play on for me.

Also i have a clean install of Windows 10. If you use a Windows that has a lot of bs crap from best buy or whoever it slows your cpu down big time.

5 hours ago, BasicBrute said:

Fps is more about just your video card. I have a laptop with same card as you,  installed on my slave drive hdd7200rpm 

I7 Intell quad core .. 32gb memory and I never drop below 50 fps but I'm always in 100-140 fps .. 50 fps happens when I'm in combat 50fps is plenty to play on for me.

Also i have a clean install of Windows 10. If you use a Windows that has a lot of bs crap from best buy or whoever it slows your cpu down big time.

running 1024x768 resolution with setting on low doesn't count.

sli won't get you much if any performance boost in this game seeing as it's heavily cpu bound. Now a better processor with potentially faster / more cores could give you a boost depending on how they have the engine configured to utilize them.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:36 PM, izkimar said:

sli won't get you much if any performance boost in this game seeing as it's heavily cpu bound. Now a better processor with potentially faster / more cores could give you a boost depending on how they have the engine configured to utilize them.

Single core throughput speeds is all that matters for gaming. Normally the more cores in a chip the slower the core clock speeds. For tasks not related to gaming more cores works well.