Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unfolded

The state of the game

Well, I have been through it all with Crowfall. I've stuck around for good patches, I've stuck around for bad patches. However, this one really gets me. I can't take it anymore.

Specific patches of flowers are missing from the Test Environment's beachhead. Below is a screenshot of where they should be. These patches of flowers are the ones I've always ran around when I'm bored. Please ACE, add them back, for me. @thomasblair

NO_FLOWERS.jpg?width=1105&height=692

2 minutes ago, Unfolded said:

Well, I have been through it all with Crowfall. I've stuck around for good patches, I've stuck around for bad patches. However, this one really gets me. I can't take it anymore.

Specific patches of flowers are missing from the Test Environment's beachhead. Below is a screenshot of where they should be. These patches of flowers are the ones I've always ran around when I'm bored. Please ACE, add them back, for me. @thomasblair

NO_FLOWERS.jpg?width=1105&height=692

I press F to stand with Unfolded. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

14 hours ago, iCapital said:

Why does your grass placement look so sparse compared to mine? I have thick grass covering my landscape in 5.6.

Welcome to 5.7 friend.

Just now, Unfolded said:

Welcome to 5.7 friend.

Why did they make the grass so sparse now though? It doesn't look good like this at all. I hope this isn't how it's intended to stay now for the sake of "performance".

I love grass. ::grins::

Nothing's permanent.  There definitely seems to be a lower polygon count and a huge performance boost.  Seems like a quick solution to people's complaints since 5.4/5.5/5.6 about the game being "unplayable" (scare quotes doesn't mean I think these people are wrong about performance complaints, but I have a much lower bar where I define unplayable).  Optimizing the engine at this stage when so many assets aren't even finalized seems a lot less efficient.  Unfortunately the nature of their commitment to their backers means they need to balance how many cycles to put into placeholder systems (and their maintenance) and implementing new features.  I certainly don't envy them those choices.  But to think this says anything about the graphical direction or final state of the game would be premature in my mind.  I think it's been clear from the beginning they want to be competitive graphically, since that's a very important part of the advertising model via streamers and kickstarter and early access.

I don't have access to test but can someone please provide a side by side comparison of this downgrade between 5.7 and 5.6 please? It's important that we give the developers feedback if this indeed intended to be a longer term solution to work in tandem with optimization down the road. I understand that downgrades happen within the development cycle from work thats produced during X period of the dev cycle however, they need to be mindful with what they axe or reduce.

17 hours ago, Unfolded said:

I've stuck around for bad patches. However, this one really gets me. I can't take it anymore.

Specific patches of flowers are missing from the Test Environment's beachhead. Below is a screenshot of where they should be. These patches of flowers are the ones I've always ran around when I'm bored.

Flowers? Honestly? You're complaining about missing flowers? Man...

yJiOwhD.jpg

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Does "ACE Development Partner & Investor" mean that you're directly involved with the development of Crowfall? Sorry, I'm still new here!

Edited by iCapital

50 minutes ago, iCapital said:

Does "ACE Development Partner & Investor" mean that you're directly involved with the development of Crowfall? Sorry, I'm still new here!

ACE Development Partner is a special forum channel for those that funded the game for $1k. It is filled with the SCUM of these forums so you aren't missing much. Investor comes from ACE opening up part of its company for purchase some months ago.   

Edited by Zatch

18 minutes ago, iCapital said:

Welcome to the forums. And thanks for your question. It's indeed something a lot of people don't know and sometimes lead to misunderstandings. I'll answer it on several levels. ;) 

1. In general: We are (really) ALL directly involved with the development of Crowfall. If we choose so. Which is not (so much) because of us, but (mostly) because of how much ACE (Art&Craft Entertainment, the developer company) is listening to their future customers - and we are still in very basic development. Make sure to share your feedback in the general discussion, the suggestions area and in the specific playtest feedback threads. It can really (and pretty much directly) make a difference.

2. As for the terms: "ACE Development Partner" is a title given to people who backed the development of the game (sum of kickstarter bundles or later shop purchases) with at least USD 1,000. "Investor" is a title given to people who participated in the player investment opportunity back in 2016.

3. As for your main question: No, i am a just simple player, just like anybody else. Well, more or less. ;) I may have some special experiences and insights, but there is a lot of others who can say so, too. It's nothing extraordinary. At least if you are part of the club. ;) But, we are not Crowfall-Staff. Weare players. If you want to contact the Crowfall-Staff, please contact support@crowfall.com - which is your direct-line to the developers (at least as long as the company hasn't outsourced the game support). They are cool, they are fast, they are interested. Use it if you need to.

However, if you have any questions regarding the game, im am more than glad to help. Just contact me and I'll do what i can.

Have fun, good luck

Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Flower/herb picking in 5.8?

Spinach made Popeye get a power boost

Sniffing flower petals gave Mighty Mouse a power boost

Some kind of herbal supplement pill gave Underdog a power boost

I think you could be the flower child of CF sir.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai