Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hasil

Over-Training -- Is This How It Will Be in Live?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, miraluna said:

3X now for 5.7, so it's much closer to what it would be at launch.

still faster though. but i understand your point.


etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got up at 5am this morning for dawn-patrol, surf was knee to waist high, clean and glassy out of the southeast. The water was 78°F. No crowds and the surfing was good. Had some breky at Big Sams afterwards, I got a big plate of bacon, sausage, pancakes, and grits, with a great big Ol' Sweet tea chaser with extra refills.

 I was so hungry, but I just couldn't eat it all. Man I love Mondays.

And those extra points in the Exploration Tree didn't bother me at all either. 

:D   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2018 at 9:18 PM, Frykka said:

Because "easy mode" is not allowed in a competitive PvP game...   you make a mistake or forget and you still have a way to use them for profit.  Log in every 3 days is not hard or every 30 for VIP (this could change but has not shown to be an issue as the passive training is not huge...)    Just stay involved and play the game and this won't even be an issue.   Leave for a week? then don't pick a skill tree that is near completion, be smart, don't be lazy and winge about it.

This is a game..............That is why.  Dev's need to stop punishing mistakes especially in an offline situation. 

This once again proves the point that people really do not want people to be as good as them for a competitive fight.  People want to see people screw up make mistakes so they are easy prey.  That and ganking are worst metas available in gaming today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 10:40 AM, corvax said:

I got up at 5am this morning for dawn-patrol, surf was knee to waist high, clean and glassy out of the southeast. The water was 78°F. No crowds and the surfing was good. Had some breky at Big Sams afterwards, I got a big plate of bacon, sausage, pancakes, and grits, with a great big Ol' Sweet tea chaser with extra refills.

 I was so hungry, but I just couldn't eat it all. Man I love Mondays.

And those extra points in the Exploration Tree didn't bother me at all either. 

:D   

Yeah, because it's alpha and not live so it doesn't matter :)

Here's my proposal for a much much better system that is fairer to the user.  Just have skill points ticking up as you are offline, and then you get to allocate them wherever you wish when you log on.  No queue system, no over-training issues.  It seems to me that would be a far better, fairer, simpler system.

Edited by Hasil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hasil said:

Yeah, because it's alpha and not live so it doesn't matter :)

Here's my proposal for a much much better system that is fairer to the user.  Just have skill points ticking up as you are offline, and then you get to allocate them wherever you wish when you log on.  No queue system, no over-training issues.  It seems to me that would be a far better, fairer, simpler system.

That's what we have now.  

The tree selection is to prevent people from banking 6 different trees worth of points, and shoving them all into one skill. 

This "problem" is such a marginal corner case

  • Must be working on final node in a tree.
  • Must have less than Xhrs for that node, where X is length of time they plan to not login for.
  • Must not have any backfill left on the tree that if they miss that time they can use. (Yes, with branching trees you can hit the [ALL] with some backfill nodes open).
  • Must be so bloody stubborn as to not have another skill they are willing to learn in another tree until they have learned the capstone.
  • Must freak out if .03% (1 day at 1/6 lines) of their passive training points in a year is not available.
  • Must not be willing to push over time into tomes to sell/trade.
  • Must not be willing to catch up with tomes if they do miss training time.

Mountain, meet molehill.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Talizar said:

"That and ganking are worst metas available in gaming today."

Harvesting and ganking, the heart of PvP skirmish gameplay otherwise known as cat and mouse play... I have to ask, why are you in a PvP game with consequences when you want neither one.  When there is no siege in progress roaming for skirmish small scale is a key element of the game loop.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

                                                        Sugoi - Senpai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Frykka said:

Harvesting and ganking, the heart of PvP skirmish gameplay otherwise known as cat and mouse play... I have to ask, why are you in a PvP game with consequences when you want neither one.  When there is no siege in progress roaming for skirmish small scale is a key element of the game loop.

I want good competitive fun fights, not running around in gank parties killing solos thinking that is amazing game play.  I just like good fights.  Good fights to me is obviously something way different than others.  Ganking revolves around killing with essentially zero risk.  Wow how fun............. This meta has been hashed over and over and over and here people are leaving their current gankfest hoping for a better one here.  Is it any wonder why there are no good games to play anymore.......

Edited by Talizar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You get both honestly, depending on the time of day and time zone with pop flux. 

 

 


6FUI4Mk.jpg

                                                        Sugoi - Senpai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hasil said:

Yeah, because it's alpha and not live so it doesn't matter :)

Here's my proposal for a much much better system that is fairer to the user.  Just have skill points ticking up as you are offline, and then you get to allocate them wherever you wish when you log on.  No queue system, no over-training issues.  It seems to me that would be a far better, fairer, simpler system.

I agree that it would be more simplistic. And it maybe "better" depending on individual player perspective, but I personally like the idea of having the ability to utilize those point overages for tomes, that can be donated or sold to new players. And ArtCrafts system strongly encourages current players to share their extra points and invest back into growing the community which I think is a fair way to boost newbs up to competitive level in a way that doesn't screw the existing player base. Where your system would encourage the current account holder to max out one individual account, and there is nothing wrong with either way, I just see that a catch up mechanic is going to be needed sooner rather than later. Of course all of this could change and likely will. 

Thanks for your reply Hasil.

      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overages will be tedious. When one has multiple accounts, they will take a certain amount of overage points and apply it to one of their alt accounts (using tomes). Then take that same amount of points from the alt account to give back to the main in a different area. End result is the main account (and probably the alt) end up with the points allocated exactly where they want.  When we can bypass the system, why make it harder?  Just allow us to queue a new skill when a tree line is finished.

I will share on a lot of things, but giving points from my account to a new player is not something I will do.


lUvvzPy.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Teufel said:

 

I will share on a lot of things, but giving points from my account to a new player is not something I will do.

Yea, those peasants need to know their place!  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2018 at 2:41 PM, KrakkenSmacken said:

That's what we have now.  

The tree selection is to prevent people from banking 6 different trees worth of points, and shoving them all into one skill. 

This "problem" is such a marginal corner case

  • Must be working on final node in a tree.
  • Must have less than Xhrs for that node, where X is length of time they plan to not login for.
  • Must not have any backfill left on the tree that if they miss that time they can use. (Yes, with branching trees you can hit the [ALL] with some backfill nodes open).
  • Must be so bloody stubborn as to not have another skill they are willing to learn in another tree until they have learned the capstone.
  • Must freak out if .03% (1 day at 1/6 lines) of their passive training points in a year is not available.
  • Must not be willing to push over time into tomes to sell/trade.
  • Must not be willing to catch up with tomes if they do miss training time.

Mountain, meet molehill.

Reported for accuracy! 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Teufel said:

Overages will be tedious. When one has multiple accounts, they will take a certain amount of overage points and apply it to one of their alt accounts (using tomes). Then take that same amount of points from the alt account to give back to the main in a different area. End result is the main account (and probably the alt) end up with the points allocated exactly where they want.  When we can bypass the system, why make it harder?  Just allow us to queue a new skill when a tree line is finished.

I will share on a lot of things, but giving points from my account to a new player is not something I will do.

If it's a low developer time cost, or part of other required changes, then fine. But for such a corner case issue, I wouldn't want them to spend the time that I think will be needed to add it in, both with the logic, and interface alterations.

Maybe as part of the tome add in when that happens, but for now, I just don't see the juice as being worth the squeeze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don’t understand why the OP cares.  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...