Zorph

Not understanding Ek's and the economy

One of the areas I am most excited about in Crowfall is the gather/crafting in a PvP zone.  I hate games that have daily grinds just to make you log in or do task just too waste time.

But I have a hard time understanding how this economy is going to work with different campaigns going at the same time and at different stages.  During spring food is abundant, but in winter it is rare.  Assuming that the campaign allows import/export.

I really want EK’s and trade to be huge.  But I don’t see how it won’t be a huge advantage if your guild stock piles in one campaign so they have a huge head start in the next.  Maybe I am missing something.  Of course they could make items campaign specific, but that cuts down trade a ton.  If they make all campaigns line up, then people might go gather/craft in the easiest campaign to do it in.

The quality of materials will depend on the campaign mode...   faction campaigns will yield lower quality while the higher nodes for epic and legendary materials will only appear in the shadows/dregs campaigns...  that's the word anyway.

^This.

Which also means that EK' themselves will only provide the lower levels of resources.

Adding to that, one of the big points of crowfall is the combination of opportunities and decisions. There will be worlds that allow a lot, some or no imports at all. If you don't like campaigns where guilds can prepare (too much) ... just don't play those that allow massive imports. If you don't like campaigns where guilds can not prepare (enough) ... just don't play those that don't allow imports. Crowfall provides th opportunities. The rest is simply your decision.

At least partially/at the beginning. Because ACE will of course test which campaign rules are liked by most people and in the long run provide more of those campaigns. They will most probably still offer those campaigns liked by only a few people. Thats the cool thing with Crowfall - it will probably be the most adjustable game in gaming history. There are only 100 people who like campaign ruleset xy? No problem, they can very simply just create a world of an appropriate size.

So, Crowfall won't provide "one specific way" how economy will work. Instead there will be different sub-economies, depending on how many players choose which  way of playing. Each of these target groups will have individual perfect ways of economy. This will definitely cause some confusion in the long run, because probably most people are used to having only one specific way of reaching the top of economy.

Crowfall will have several economies. So you will have several opportunities. And you will need to make your decisions to be the best in one area. Or an economy mastermind to be the best in all economic fields. 

Have fun - and good luck ;)

Kraahk

On 8/9/2018 at 6:49 AM, Zorph said:

But I have a hard time understanding how this economy is going to work with different campaigns going at the same time and at different stages.  

It's OK, I don't think ACE understands it either. lol