Stumpstuff

5.7 Live Feedback and Bug Reports for 8/9/18

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.7 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

16 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Purchases haven't been reset.

Same for me. Assets used in 5.6 are neither available in ingame purchases nor in website reward gifting.

Something is wrong with your rewards.

Current 5.7 KS large castle bundle content:

p8vK0LT.jpg

Wall parts seem to be not enough. Overall quality is poor (no battlement options). No centerpiece building. Partially old building part names (not in current crafting list). Two parcels.

I moved some parcels around in my EK and after submitting, I was taken to the loading page and it got stuck loading zone. I had to kill the client and restart.

The KS small castle pack and/or the 2015 large keep pack still includes diagonal wall and gate pieces. The diagonals can't be placed, though the straight segments can be placed diagonally as well as straight. 

The issue still exists where placing a wall segment and then looting it will not allow it to stack with the rest of the like segments that have not been placed.

Posted (edited)

Harvesting basic resources with 3 or even 4 pips is stupidly slow compared to harvesting advanced resources.  The two chances for stuff to drop off knotwood slag and cobblestone feels bad.  Please change it to 3.

Ranger guards at outpost campfires kill NPCs.  Waste of server resources having them fight each other like that.  And their kills are lootable so free gold and sacrifice items and skins just sitting there...

If you skin something at a campfire (outpost), you recover stamina faster than you use it.

Outposts are a great addition to the game, though.  They aid in area control, and provide solo harvesters some limited protection from gankers.

The addition of vendors at forts selling basic mats for gold is very much appreciated - thank you.  Farming mobs for gold is much more fun than directly harvesting ore, stone, and wood.   We'll still need to harvest grind later on when our crafters can use advanced mats, but this change alleviates much of the brutal initial grind.  It also means I can let my harvest accounts skill up in the background until they're needed, and focus on playing the PvP accounts that I want to play.  The less I have to harvest grind, the more inclined I am to actually play.

Speaking of actually playing, where are you on real win conditions, guild support, and non-faction CWs with guild-built strongholds?   Those three things feel like the only big things holding the game back at this point (thanks for the performance fixes - keep going.  We need the game to support full guild v guild battles both in open field and sieges).  Add those, and everything else is just gravy.

Edited by Durenthal

Druid LMB orbs sometimes take a few tries to register a player running over them.

Campfires have the same colour and shape of compass marker as group members, which is a bit confusing.

1 hour ago, Durenthal said:

Harvesting basic resources with 3 or even 4 pips is stupidly slow compared to harvesting advanced resources.  The two chances for stuff to drop off knotwood slag and cobblestone feels bad.  Please change it to 3.

Ranger guards at campfires kill NPCs.  Waste of server resources having them fight each other like that.

If you skin something at a campfire, you recover stamina faster than you use it.

Agreed on all accounts. Ranger guards hitting NPC's is not only a waste, but also exploitable(IE farm what they kill while you do nothing but wait).

Additionally not sure I like the white resources on vendors. Could be grey? or cost more? I don't know. Just doesn't feel right at current prices. Think it will be more worthwhile to farm gold than mats early game for whites. Just think will need some tweaking which is expected for something new.

3 hours ago, Kraahk said:

Something is wrong with your rewards.

Current 5.7 KS large castle bundle content:

p8vK0LT.jpg

Wall parts seem to be not enough. Overall quality is poor (no battlement options). No centerpiece building. Partially old building part names (not in current crafting list). Two parcels.

Yeah, that is wrong, and we've found where the problem is happening. We'll probably have to do another bank/EK/campaign EK wipe to fix it. Stayed tuned for more info.

The CD from weapon weight is giving things without a CD one.

Monsters seem to have a pretty bad issue with navigating up and down hills, cats are especially bad at movement it seemed.

Templar Parry is often not working, for the Parry or the Damage reduction. Pressing/Holding the Button while having Pips is doing nothing.

Guards at the camp fire (type 1) outposts respawn, but the type 2 (tower) guards do not.  Fort guards are not respawning either.  At least they did not after taking Restokin's.

1 hour ago, DocHollidaze said:

Yew wood is not available to purchase from the resource vendor in the fort. I think it is the only material type missing.

I've updated our vendor list and this should be fixed soon. 

Hi,

I started the campaign, I then came to the selection of the faction, I choose it, during loading the game returned to the menu and I did not see the selection menu of the class / race that was to then appear. I told myself that this is only a small login problem. I have retried but I think it is more worrying than I thought:

Now when I click on "join a world" I have the loading screen with the message "Connecting to zone" and the game returns to the menu after about fifteen seconds.

I tried a repair via the client and retry to connect to the campaign but same problem.

4 minutes ago, n0ra said:

Hi,

I started the campaign, I then came to the selection of the faction, I choose it, during loading the game returned to the menu and I did not see the selection menu of the class / race that was to then appear. I told myself that this is only a small login problem. I have retried but I think it is more worrying than I thought:

Now when I click on "join a world" I have the loading screen with the message "Connecting to zone" and the game returns to the menu after about fifteen seconds.

I tried a repair via the client and retry to connect to the campaign but same problem.

Please contact at support@crowfall.com for more support on this please :)

Posted (edited)

As a noble you have to relog everytime after submitting a change to the ek or you wont be able to successfully submit the next change.

EDIT: after firther testing i can say this bug doesnt happen all the times.... i cant find the way to reproduce the conditions in which it triggers but i stillg et it from time to time specially when moving parcles around as a noble.

Edited by Nyamo

Currently, the wisps left behind from Burning Hatred do not register there for wont proc or heal