Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Talizar

Hunger-What positive thing does this add?

7 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Spring NEVER RETURNS.  The world's end after winter.  Have you even read the most basic FAQ's about this game?

Sounds like a rail game then.  Rinse and repeat.   Have you realized how much stuff has changed since they started.  I thought there was flexibility in the game systems.  Maybe you start in summer or fall or winter. 

3 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

No, it will not be a RvR game. Faction warfare will just be a single type of gameplay that CF will provide, an in my opinion one of the least popular.

https://crowfall.com/en/what-is-crowfall/

Really?  That page says massive pvp fights,  Castle fights, worlds you can win.  These all sound like RVR to me.  It seems to me that the RVR what is going to drive the game...........Maybe everyone is going to sit in their EK's and drink tea? 

33 minutes ago, Talizar said:

https://crowfall.com/en/what-is-crowfall/

Really?  That page says massive pvp fights,  Castle fights, worlds you can win.  These all sound like RVR to me.  It seems to me that the RVR what is going to drive the game...........Maybe everyone is going to sit in their EK's and drink tea? 

Yes, that will all happen, but the more popular campaigns will probably be the inner ones (in my opinion) that are more guild v guild, where people will be able to free-place castles and forts in the open world, as opposed to faction play (which we are testing now) which is more like bumper bowling.

Maybe you should actually read up on all of the game concepts before coming here to complain about stuff you don't understand.

10 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

Yes, that will all happen, but the more popular campaigns will probably be the inner ones (in my opinion) that are more guild v guild, where people will be able to free-place castles and forts in the open world, as opposed to faction play (which we are testing now) which is more like bumper bowling.

Maybe you should actually read up on all of the game concepts before coming here to complain about stuff you don't understand.

Yawn..........adding nothing yet again........

Gotta love the community here.

24 minutes ago, Talizar said:

Meh, the community is pretty decent. Sadly, it gets diluted by the incessant droning of lazy malcontents who can't be bothered to research the most basic facts about the game before incoherently complaining about non-issues.

On 20.8.2018 at 8:57 PM, Talizar said:

What I am I missing here.  Why is this part of this game.  Are there not enough other things to worry about in the game.  This is not a survival game.  If you harvest apples are plentiful enough but what is the point?  Are you forcing me to buy apples or gather? 

What is so great about eating other than I have to heal? 

It is not something that will chase me away but why build a system into a game that really adds nothing?

How does this enhance game play? 

Hunger is the core concept of Crowfall. So it IS a survival game!

I´d like to see it done as PUBG did it. One of the first campaigns had such a shrinking zone. And dropping weapons/armor btw.

That eating thing is just annoying. Sure, there has to be some shadow to highlight the sun, but the pain should be connected to the reward. See surfing: paddle out against the waves for a great ride. Or mountain climbing: walk upwards for hours for a panoramic view.

Guys get back to the KISS strategy of game design and life.  Keep things simple and fun and REWARDING! 

KTSFR? Don´t know that pattern, but sounds good! ;-)

This game is hardly a sandbox, we are being forced down very narrow paths.

This isn´t a sandbox. A sandbox gives you nothing but the tools. A themepark comes with rulesets that limit the possibilities of the given tools. I´d say the dev tool to create worlds is the only sandbox here.

On 20.8.2018 at 9:02 PM, McTan said:

At the very least, make food passively eaten if it is in your inventory

Please not! It´s better to die and come back with a full chickenmeter than wasting food while harvesting.

10 hours ago, Talizar said:

That´s just this one dude who got socialized by spiders or so. Ignore him and the forum is fine again.

I think what the game really doesn`t need is another discussion about one specific mechanic beeing redundant or boring or big poorly made socks. Have been supporting the game several years now and we had that so many times. People call it apple tree harvest simulator or so. Usually before you run out of food you will die at some point and then you start with a frech hunger bar. Appels come from trees which you need to harvest anyway in order to get wood for new tools which you need to craft all of the time. And if you put some point in exploration basics its not such of a gib deal at all.

55 minutes ago, Jubenei said:

I think what the game really doesn`t need is another discussion about one specific mechanic beeing redundant or boring or big poorly made socks. Have been supporting the game several years now and we had that so many times. People call it apple tree harvest simulator or so. Usually before you run out of food you will die at some point and then you start with a frech hunger bar. Appels come from trees which you need to harvest anyway in order to get wood for new tools which you need to craft all of the time. And if you put some point in exploration basics its not such of a gib deal at all.

Sure it does when people find the game and are new or newer and have come back.  What is really disappointing it the attempts by some to squelch comments that they are against.  People should be allowed to discuss whatever it is.  Things change over time.   Not everyone has the same time to devote to going back and reading every post about ever subject and the game has changed considerably since they started building it.

Some of us have lives outside of gaming or play other games...........Gasp!

4 hours ago, Shnoo said:

That´s just this one dude who got socialized by spiders or so. Ignore him and the forum is fine again.

Yep, I forgot about the ignore feature.  It has now been implemented.  I guess when people invest in something, it makes them the developer and they all of sudden know what is best for everyone. 

https://youtu.be/JFHJhULEu8Q?t=66

18 hours ago, Talizar said:

Sounds like a rail game then.  Rinse and repeat.   Have you realized how much stuff has changed since they started.  I thought there was flexibility in the game systems.  Maybe you start in summer or fall or winter. 

Dying worlds and the reason for the seasons (winter is when the hunger is about to take over the world) has been in since the first kickstart video. That reason has never changed, nor has it even deviated.

There is flexibility, within limits.  One of those limits is that campaign worlds end, and end in winter.

If you think that's a "rail game", I think you greatly misunderstand or are deliberately misrepresenting what a rail game is.  

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

22 hours ago, miraluna said:

Yes, I like the concept of eating food/hunger as part of overall strategic supply & logistics in a Campaign World.

What I do not like about the current implementation, is that you often have to stop in the middle of a fight, open your inventory and click on some potatoes. :lol:

which you cant fight while having inventory open, and you cant retaliate if you get CCed, so yeah

3 minutes ago, yianni said:

which you cant fight while having inventory open, and you cant retaliate if you get CCed, so yeah

You can drop food onto your survival bar, so there is no need to open inventory, but it's still an unfun pain in the....

12 hours ago, Talizar said:

Sure it does when people find the game and are new or newer and have come back.  What is really disappointing it the attempts by some to squelch comments that they are against.  People should be allowed to discuss whatever it is.  Things change over time.   Not everyone has the same time to devote to going back and reading every post about ever subject and the game has changed considerably since they started building it.

Some of us have lives outside of gaming or play other games...........Gasp!

Well at some point you just get tiered of it and i don`t look at the forum very often or even write something here.

I'm not a fan of the hunger system, never really been. It's both obnoxious and tedious, but I can see what they (the devs) "want" it to be. I just think it isn't fun and having fights decided by it is a big turn off. The penalties need to be less drastic when it comes to character avatars, but there should definitely be an incentive when it comes to your thralls / vendors / etc.

Why are you saying people offer nothing to the conversation when they try to tell you how the game isn't solely RvR and that's just one of the planned modes?

But about the food mechanic, yes i really enjoy it personally. You're delusional if you think the current food values and recipes is all we are going to have. At some point we will be growing food en masse and id guess good food grown by a good farmer will restore multiple chicken tickers. 

I think it adds another layer of macro strategy that has potential to really shine and lead to some interesting macro outplays between groups. 

Plus I look great in a straw hat

On 22/08/2018 at 1:24 AM, Talizar said:

You didn't eat in BDO, Archeage, SWTOR or any game that can think of.  All these game have foods you can consume for buffs or healing.  That is very different than the mechanic we have now.

I find it crazy that people think it is actually ok that if food was so scarce that people would be unable to play their toon until spring arrived again.  Who is going to stick around for that?  How does that make good business sense?  You want people not playing.  Amazing!

Means cooks can stockpile food in earlier seasons and sell it later on in the season for gold, now this to me is what i want as a merchant, it become either buy my food or quit the campaign and miss out on the juicy end campaign payout for winning.
Add a logistical point of view where a faction may focus on stockpiling and getting behind the other 2 faction early on because of this focus but come back in winter and rofl stomp the other faction that failed to stockpile enough resources.

The only problem i have with food is i have to physically eat it by clinking on it way to often. Would much rather it be auto consumed or twice as rare to get but dont have to eat for twice as long and so on, so eat less often but the same amount kinda thing

Also from my understanding there suppose to be a farming mechanic for food that we dont just have yet, with farmlands and all that

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

There are plenty of KISS games out there. Crowfall is not it, as a matter of fact it has become even more complex once they secured more funding.

/rant on

You can make statements about things you have no understanding about that can become really viral for random or exact reasons. Like 'Don't vaccinate your kid as he will become an autistic!' - Who cares if he will die of a million other diseases - at least he did not get the chance to become autistic. (which btw has not been proven, while the reduction of child death is real statistically speaking )

It really helps to 'listen' and 'try to understand' when people more experienced (on the subject) than you spend their time trying to explain the subject. And you should respect that effort and say Thank You. 

Before you speak about a subject, if you want people to take you seriously for the long term, than first do the research.

/rant off

/salute

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

Essentially it is we are doing X and that is all folks.   Not one really compelling reason to have it in game.  I asked a simple question and got lots of push back and zero good reasons on how this makes the game better.  Not one.  I never realized that it would be so difficult for people that want this concept to sell it.  Pretty sad.

I love being told what I know and don't know.  What a wonderful community we have here.

Before I speak............I see another one that wants to squelch my ability to provide my opinions which they asked us to supply. 

Did your rant answer my question..........Nope............Have  a great day.