Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hunger-What positive thing does this add?

21 hours ago, Talizar said:

Essentially it is we are doing X and that is all folks.   Not one really compelling reason to have it in game.  I asked a simple question and got lots of push back and zero good reasons on how this makes the game better.  Not one.  I never realized that it would be so difficult for people that want this concept to sell it.  Pretty sad.

I love being told what I know and don't know.  What a wonderful community we have here.

Before I speak............I see another one that wants to squelch my ability to provide my opinions which they asked us to supply. 

Did your rant answer my question..........Nope............Have  a great day.

BS

On 8/20/2018 at 9:49 PM, KrakkenSmacken said:

It adds a clear end to a campaign, as the hunger closes in.

It will add logistics, as players and teams try to find enough food to continue playing in a world.

It will add strategic tactics, as players find ways to hurt enemies indirectly by destroying or stealing reserves.

It will eventually add the same thing to this game as the towers do to League of Legends.  As things get further along, it gets harder and harder to not fall off the slippery slope and lose.

I have zero idea how your jumping to the conclusion that eating and needing for food detracts rather than adds to the RvR aspects of the game.

That's four reasons on how it makes the game better, in one post.

You whine about nobody wanting to listen do your "ideas" and input.  It's probably because you ignore answers when it's convenient to your position, get snippy and passive aggressive when people disagree with you or try to explain the greater goals for the game, and then make false claims about what has and has not been said or answered.

Dislike the mechanic all you want, but it does add to the overarching goal and theme of the game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meh, the community is pretty decent. Sadly, it gets diluted by the incessant droning of lazy malcontents who can't be bothered to research the most basic facts about the game before incoherently compl

You are missing out on several key components of this system. They have not yet introduced the Farming crafting/gathering systems yet into the game. Its another component of the strategy sim. You'll n

At the very least, make food passively eaten if it is in your inventory...it's enough of a chore to acquire and keep in the inventory, but to have to click to eat feels bad man.

On 2018-08-27 at 9:25 AM, KrakkenSmacken said:

BS

That's four reasons on how it makes the game better, in one post.

You whine about nobody wanting to listen do your "ideas" and input.  It's probably because you ignore answers when it's convenient to your position, get snippy and passive aggressive when people disagree with you or try to explain the greater goals for the game, and then make false claims about what has and has not been said or answered.

Dislike the mechanic all you want, but it does add to the overarching goal and theme of the game.

I'm new and I immediately came here looking for answers about this.

This was a giant red flag right off the bat without even having to delve deeper.

The punching trees thing gave me Ark flashbacks. That's a red flag too.

All the reasons mentioned there arent positives. The second I realized there was hunger I immediately scratched about 20 people from my list of friends who might have otherwise played it.

My opinion on the system really isn't important. I just know my gaming friends won't want anything to do with it. Which immediately fizzled any hope I had for this one. Same with the tree punching and forced crafting.

Before anyone I know gets to even experience a campaign, they will have to do the tree punch/apple thing and will immediately Uninstall and chastise me for recommending it to them.

Aww well. Hopefully devs dont listen to everyone. People defend systems like this but deep down they know they don't sell. Game will suffer for it.

Might even want to rethink some of the marketing materials and game descriptions out there. Didnt ever get the impression this was gonna be Ark with magic. It's a survival game with mmo-like combat. Call it what it really is and it sounds terrible.

Some people in here are acting like these systems are some integral core pillar to mass pvp. They aren't. 

The harder you defend bad ideas, the less populated this game will be at launch. The more downtime and maintenance required to actually enjoy the game will result in boredom and guarantee niche status even more than it already is.

Jesus what a disappointment. I should have done more research but in all honesty, It hadn't occurred to me that someone would even try the ark with magic theme. 

Scratch this one off the list.

Edited by Grumpz
5 hours ago, Grumpz said:

Some people in here are acting like these systems are some integral core pillar to mass pvp. They aren't

Mechanics like these are absolutely not core to mass PvP, I don't think anyone has said they are. 

Things getting harder as time progresses is core to games that have win conditions and endings.  Every MOBA, every RTS, every board game, and every arcade game ever made will have things that push the difficulty to stay alive bar higher and higher until it's game over and someone (or the game), has won.

Sorry if that's not your cup of tea, but it is a tried and true formula many people enjoy.