Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
makkon

Stealth OP. Toxins OP

You gave reasons.  Oh that was what you did? IMO If you're unwilling to take a combination of either : 

• Elken
  • Ranger
  • Illusionist
  • Molehunter
  • Scarecrow
  • -any- manner of applying DoTs.
  • Nor group with someone that does...

Then it's your loss Makkon.   I'm certainly not going to explain how to play the game to you, nor tell what you should do differently.  

Stealters are in a "desent" spot ATM, of anything should be changed it should be the size of the heal on Agent Provocateur, but that isn't what this is about.  If we should get down to business and look at what the real problem with Toxins.. -meaning- DOTS!!! then u should be talking about an unmitigated stat pertaining to Bleed.    

From what this thread if anything is showing me at least is that you don't have a grasp really of the limitations of Toxins, and their difference...

• Fact : This is just another troll thread to get a class nerfed, for whatever reason - without being founded on any facts nor solid reasoning.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

On 8/25/2018 at 9:30 PM, vandarr said:

Soulein, is there not something similar to a bleed or other DoT effect in SB that would reveal them? 

Yes, but it's complicated. The dots don't last long enough to keep the stealther from kiting out the duration of the bleed and re-stealthing. Also, stealther ultimates will mitigate several ticks of the bleed and put the user back into stealth mode where they can begin healing immediately, or at least get some breathing room. As soon as they get the re-stealth, you had better run, bandage, or find a healer. 

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

As Soulreaver mentioned, there are so many ways to reveal stealthers that if you or your group can't do it, that's your fault.

I would say it's a little easy to get in stealth from the harvest tray, I would be up for changing that into something similar to how the wood elf camo works where you have to stand still for a couple seconds. Ultimate powers should really be the only way to get into stealth immediately. I don't think there needs to be any kind of stamina drain while using stealth with all the ways to remove stealthers.

As for toxins, I haven't tested this, but I'm guessing the DoT remover/heal from Field Surgeon would remove those? All classes have access to that. Maybe also the Poisoner remove poison buff? Again if you are super worried about toxins, spec your gear/skills towards that.

I think the AP heal is fine, you have to remain stealthed for it work, so if you get popped after going into stealth it doesn't work. I think the amount it heals and the tick count is fine. I would be ok with a longer cooldown, 45 seconds instead of 23 maybe. Anything other than that is to big of a nerf.

Stealthers should have the advantage a lot of times in 1v1.

On 28.08.2018 at 9:09 PM, Glory said:

Stealthers should have the advantage a lot of times in 1v1.

remember, this game is not about 1v1! ppl told me this poorly made socks every time.... and keep farming solo most of the time.

a lot of ppl complaining about "there is a multiple ways to counter DoT", "there is a multiple  ways  to counter stealth" but somehow there is not and this very depend on party only (discs which are rare on soft launch) while stealth have 2 classes and 2 races for free. stealthers can restealth in seconds again and again and be there unlimited time. Get bored? Get stealth. Found gatherer? Kill him and get stealth.

In current game statement there is NOT alot of ways to counter stealthers especially with small groups, else you will nerf self group in some aspects.

Stealthers  was designed as explorers, scouts - not as free farmers, banks and harrasments, right? Some1 told me what if ACE nerf stealth, those classes become underpowered. Well, armor mitigations can lvl everyone, both - duelist and assassin have CC, burst damage, dot damage, escape and pretty much everything most of the classes have inc free 100% escape.

I do not want to call remove both - stealth and toxins. I do not call to nerf it like "/10" like ACE did usually. I call to made some fix into something of this to make you think about actions while playing this classes. How? Well, I made some suggestions.

God, if no1 here see any problem with this, well... you will see later. When will it be too late and the negative will be more massive than one topic

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

On 8/27/2018 at 1:23 AM, soulein said:

Yes, but it's complicated. The dots don't last long enough to keep the stealther from kiting out the duration of the bleed and re-stealthing. Also, stealther ultimates will mitigate several ticks of the bleed and put the user back into stealth mode where they can begin healing immediately, or at least get some breathing room. As soon as they get the re-stealth, you had better run, bandage, or find a healer. 

Hrm... that definitely sounds a bit overpowered. I'd have to see how this would work when scaled up into a small stealth group to give any better input. For 1v1, I would agree that generally a stealther should have the advantage - but something that's a little OP in 1 on 1 could be ridiculously OP en masse in the hands of the right players. That's where the real danger lies in my opinion.

CF_Van.png

The real problem isn't stealth itself, it's the ability to reset the fight through the Agent Provocateur healing ability. It's sort of like fighting a champion...you think you've bested him two or three times through superior play, only for him to reset his HP with one ability. 

The problem with both Stealthers and Champions is the same: self healing is really powerful and has been handed out inconsistently. Either give everyone some extremely powerful self-healing abilities, or take them away from the few lucky classes who have them. 

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

I have a feeling “balance” in this game is going to be more about group makeup over class balance. That said I still think the point of this thread is that the burst power of a rogue is too much and the ability to restealth in the most precarious of situations reheal and then reengage is a bit too OP at the moment.

fights in this game seem to be designed to last a bit longer because death has been designed to have real consequence, so therefore 1on1 fights, or any fight shouldn’t be a blink of an eye.