Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Crowfall Q&A today - Official discussion thread

Confessor issues,

Range is half that of the ranger half damage of ranger.Only one damage type easily countered.

Ranger has multiple disengages while confessor has the one dodge that is the same as everyone else now.

Absolution 5 sin stack does less damage then a hammer throwing cleric left click but takes a 4th of our mana.

Mana issues. one round of combos and we are out of mana we have to fervor in order to get mana back which leaves us super vulnerable .

Only way to heal our selves is mudman or bandage.

We can only wear leather with out sucking up a passive slot to put on mail = We are squishy.

squishy + low mana + half range of rangers + low dps = nonviable class...

Nearly every class IS a counter to confessors....

What we excel at is CC and Dots. "Which every one can get out of or out heal. "

2 minutes ago, dolmar said:

Mana issues. one round of combos and we are out of mana we have to fervor in order to get mana back which leaves us super vulnerable .

How was it in 5.6 if you used a book/orb with good PCM?

Knights can go through energy really quickly with the Onslaught combo, but weapons with good PCM made a huge difference. With the change to weapon weight in 5.7, I don't know how it's going to work.

Just now, Arkade said:

How was it in 5.6 if you used a book/orb with good PCM?

Knights can go through energy really quickly with the Onslaught combo, but weapons with good PCM made a huge difference. With the change to weapon weight in 5.7, I don't know how it's going to work.

It was the same honestly Confessors have been in a bad spot since the range change & mana chicken ticket nerf. We use mana so fast that the focus mana shield just takes from us any chance of winning.

Back when field surgeon was heal self with noble purpose was the last time we were not totally mana starved.

12 hours ago, dolmar said:

Confessor issues,

Range is half that of the ranger half damage of ranger.Only one damage type easily countered.

Ranger has multiple disengages while confessor has the one dodge that is the same as everyone else now.

Absolution 5 sin stack does less damage then a hammer throwing cleric left click but takes a 4th of our mana.

Only way to heal our selves is mudman or bandage.

We can only wear leather with out sucking up a passive slot to put on mail = We are squishy.

squishy + low mana + half range of rangers + low dps = nonviable class...

Nearly every class IS a counter to confessors....

What we excel at is CC and Dots. "Which every one can get out of or out heal. "

We run a confessor in our group simple because Sin makes Templar and cleric ridiculous atm and he usualy does rather well staying alive aswell in the middle of the combat. Confessors atm are a support mage for other classes not a solo class as it stands atm.
Dont get me wrong they do need a balancing but dont underestimate there dmg muiltiplier for templars and clerics atm although that being said the whole system need balancing there just not focusing on that atm.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

If you want a viable Mage in PvP wait until the Frostweaver is out, but with all the heals the different classes including warriors. And no doubts it`ll be rough to balance for sure for ACE in small scale battle events. And that both Knight & Templar need to fight around keeps or narrow passage ways to excel in combat is not a great class design when T. Blair talked about those two classes in their last Q&A yesterday. I remember how the Templar was in Shadowbane for instant - they had got damn fireballs! :) 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

3 hours ago, mythx said:

And that both Knight & Templar need to fight around keeps or narrow passage ways to excel in combat is not a great class design when T. Blair talked about those two classes in their last Q&A yesterday.

The Templar is well suited to area denial, but the Knight? What about the knight makes it good at defending? Are we supposed to just stand in a doorway and hold block? It's not like block actually blocks all damage. A significant amount still gets through. Knights are too dependent on gear for defense. 

Gibz had some technical issues getting the video processed. That's done now, it's on YouTube and I've updated the news article with a summary of the stream for people who prefer TL;DRs to videos.  

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

NEW STREAMING FORMAT COMING IN SEPTEMBER
In consideration of community feedback our live streams will be cut back from one hour to thirty minutes, beginning with the September 11 episode of Pre-Alpha 5 Live.
The new format will have 20 minutes of developer content followed by a 10-minute Q&A session with the audience. This will enable us to focus on the most important topics and to create better summaries of the stream for the TL;DR Crows who simply want to read a recap rather than watching the full video.

To my own surprise (well, because that means less Crowfall stream), i am fine with this. I hope we can focus more on what is new and important during these shorter stream instead off discussing balance (which is fine but out of topic).

1459889836-gein-william.png

@Pann @ACE_Jackal can we get 5-10 minutes of extra time added to that schedule?  

I can 100% say it’s not time set aside for last Jedi discussion...

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

You might want to alter the names of the attacks for the knight..

Your attacks were names "slash" when he is holding a mace..

try "Strike" instead of slash

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995