Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gamescom party stream - Official discussion thread

Pann

Sleep-deprived developers & community managers

I really want to see @jtoddcoleman trying to explain some deep and pointless philosophy in an overly inebriated state.

Update: Damn,  at this particular time he's still sober.

Ok, might have been wrong about that.... :rolleyes: 

Great stream so far.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

That was nice. Thanks for the stream.

Any chance to get something else but the "only secretly invited and selected booth helpers +10 free community member" happenings in the future? Because, in my opinion, the (this) way it happend this and last year is not really encouraging the community itself to engage and feel invited to participation.

I already said this last year - before the event. So it's kind of sad that this feeback still didnt lead to improvement but instead to keeping things even more behind the curtain. I would like to encourage you (Travian) to take the time and think about which kind of signal this is sending. Just saying.

Edited by Kraahk

I've been on the "guest list" by three different ways... so it's not that hard to get a ticket I guess :D 

If you want to help out at the gamescom simply approach ceolach and ask him if help is needed. He probably will include you into the "booth slave email distribution list" and you get all the information for next year as soon as they know what to do. 

If you want to show up at the party you can pay a visit to the GC booth and get a ticket there. Or just approach ceolach and ask for tickets for the cities of ravenheart.

New to the game? Check out this Guide!

This was a great stream, I really enjoyed Todd and Jack.

I'm here to help test, give feedback, report bugs, and have fun. I'm also looking for a guild to call home. I am a casual player, interested in participating in PvP, Gathering, and Crafting.

7 hours ago, FearMe said:

[...]

I am wondering if you are ignoring the point i was talking about on purpose or if you just didn't get it. No need to answer though, it doesn't really matter. So, thanks for your contribution.

On 8/23/2018 at 3:16 PM, Kraahk said:

That was nice. Thanks for the stream.

Any chance to get something else but the "only secretly invited and selected booth helpers +10 free community member" happenings in the future? Because, in my opinion, the (this) way it happend this and last year is not really encouraging the community itself to engage and feel invited to participation.

I already said this last year - before the event. So it's kind of sad that this feeback still didnt lead to improvement but instead to keeping things even more behind the curtain. I would like to encourage you (Travian) to take the time and think about which kind of signal this is sending. Just saying.

Let me make sure I'm understanding your suggestion, @Kraahk . Is it that you would like to see us host an event for the Crowfall community that doesn't require a ticket/reservation, something where anyone who wants to attend may do so? 

I`ve a San Miguel, but I`ll save it for tomorrow. ;)  One thing I don`t understand about the marketing strategy of ACE - even though you recently hire someone to work with marketing. But why no E3 in US, but you went to Gamescon in Germany? You need to travel (7-9) hours by air instead to attend a game event which is located in US and E3. :) So my main question.. Will ACE be at E3 in 2019 which I believe is essential to build up for your soft launch of the game? 

And another question @Pann - the mobile market is huge and it`s much larger than both the PC and console market combined. So will ACE figure out a small mini game to advertise Crowfall or the company itself to the world who don`t own a PC yet or a console? My point is maybe he/she consider to get into Crowfall in a later stage on PC since they know about the company mini game on a Mobile which is maybe an iphone?  

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

1 hour ago, mythx said:

One thing I don`t understand about the marketing strategy of ACE - even though you recently hire someone to work with marketing. But why no E3 in US, but you went to Gamescon in Germany? You need to travel (7-9) hours by air instead to attend a game event which is located in US and E3. :) So my main question.. Will ACE be at E3 in 2019 which I believe is essential to build up for your soft launch of the game? 

Events are hellaspensive, even for the smallest, least impressive booth in an expo hall. When you factor in flights, hotels, per diems, etc., it adds up quickly. We had a presence at Gamescom because that's in Travian's territory, they are a much larger company than we are, and they paid for everything. At this point in our development, it's not a good use of ACE's financial (and staff) resources to do the event circuit. The exception is that we have been doing community meet-ups during PAX South simply because it's only an hour away from our base in Austin. 

It's a sure bet that when we're closer to soft launch you'll see an increased Crowfall presence at events. 

2 hours ago, mythx said:

And another question @Pann - the mobile market is huge and it`s much larger than both the PC and console market combined. So will ACE figure out a small mini game to advertise Crowfall or the company itself to the world who don`t own a PC yet or a console? My point is maybe he/she consider to get into Crowfall in a later stage on PC since they know about the company mini game on a Mobile which is maybe an iphone?  

Let us get the actual game made first. =)

23 hours ago, Pann said:

Let me make sure I'm understanding your suggestion, @Kraahk . Is it that you would like to see us host an event for the Crowfall community that doesn't require a ticket/reservation, something where anyone who wants to attend may do so? 

Hi Pann.

Thanks for showing interest in this specific sub-topic. However, the thought that you could even just imagine me to suggest such an utter nonsense is indeed a really sad one. I thought i would have proven better common sense within the last three and a half years. Sadly it's seems I've thought wrong. That hurts. Really. Especially since rumors are made this way. And what you implied didnt happen (me suggesting this) - but now it has been said. But what I implied (influence on the community) DID happen.  :-/

However, to clearly answer your question: No, i don't.

If I would make a suggestion, I would do (and did) so very clearly ... which also means I would feel the urge to explain it = to go more into detail what I believe to see and where I see issues and/or chances/unused opportunities. But in this specific case that would be nothing I would prefer to do publicly, because in my opinion it wouldn't help anyone in any case.

So, regarding this posting, I just asked a question. And I shared some feedback. I offered a point of view. That's all. It has been recognized - that is great. And it is all than can be expected in the forums. So thanks for that.

(Oh, and please tell me you didnt really think i would suggest THAT... for, i know someone who did think so in the past and ... nuh, nuff said...)

Greetings

Kraahk

I'm sorry that you were obviously upset by what I said. I didn't (and still don't, really) understand your suggestion though I was trying my best so that I could give you an answer. 

can we have some highlights from game come  videos and images pls

some  could not see live

some time you are the tree some time the dog

Edited by Ebel