Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoNotHaveOneButWantTo

East Europe Is Not Russia

Recommended Posts

Since i can't post anywhere else for whatever reason i'll bring this up here.

Why are Eastern European shoehorned into Russian servers? This is Black Desert Online all over again. Not our hype for that game was damaged by the fact that we couldn't purchase the game when the rest of Europe could we were also forced to play in Russian servers.
Now it seems Crowfall, a game that i very much would love to play and support, is following the same footsteps. 
And all i want to know is why? WHY?!

We do not have the same language, we do not have the same currency, we prefer English over Russian any day of the week, why are we FORCED to play in their servers? 
We do not want to interact with other players in Russian as it's not our first or even second language, we want to interact in English, why are you building unnecessary obstacles?

Why are we not treated like the rest of the EU member states of which we're a part of? This is extremely frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DoNotHaveOneButWantTo said:

Since i can't post anywhere else for whatever reason i'll bring this up here.

Why are Eastern European shoehorned into Russian servers? This is Black Desert Online all over again. Not our hype for that game was damaged by the fact that we couldn't purchase the game when the rest of Europe could we were also forced to play in Russian servers.
Now it seems Crowfall, a game that i very much would love to play and support, is following the same footsteps. 
And all i want to know is why? WHY?!

We do not have the same language, we do not have the same currency, we prefer English over Russian any day of the week, why are we FORCED to play in their servers? 
We do not want to interact with other players in Russian as it's not our first or even second language, we want to interact in English, why are you building unnecessary obstacles?

Why are we not treated like the rest of the EU member states of which we're a part of? This is extremely frustrating. 

 

To be fair, most Americans are so poorly educated they could not point out Belarus, Lithuania, or Ukraine on a map.

Sorry man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm  wondering because afaik, the EU states are covered by Travian Games:

Quote

Here is the full list of all territories covered by Travian Games:

Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vatican City, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Yemen, Saudi-Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Qatar, Syria, Tunisia, Pakistan, Afghanistan.

 


tiPrpwh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DoNotHaveOneButWantTo said:

Since i can't post anywhere else for whatever reason i'll bring this up here.

2

As explained in this post, all other areas of our forums are restricted to allow posts from backers only, but we made it possible for non-backers to post in this forum area for up to 30 days in case they have questions or want more information before purchasing a starter account. 

4 hours ago, DoNotHaveOneButWantTo said:

Why are Eastern European shoehorned into Russian servers?

 

When I tried to backtrace your account, I didn't get any results so I wasn't able to find out where you're located. I need to know that, when you created your account (and from what website), if you're using a VPN and some other information in order to identify what options might be available to you. If you'd like, you can contact support@crowfall.com with the answers to those questions and we'll try to help as best we can. 


Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the Travian games country list posted by Miraluna, he has to be from Belarus (Russian client/puppet), Ukraine (actively being invaded by Russia), or Moldova (Russian client/ divided state with separatist Russian autonomous region-Transnistria). None of those 3 are EU members though, so might just be confusion.

Every other border state with Russia is on the Travian games list.

Does Putin know you're trying to Play on the decadent Capitalist servers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, miraluna said:

I'm  wondering because afaik, the EU states are covered by Travian Games:

 

I am from Latvia, i couldn't access forums when i logged into my account so i made another one using a VPN to be able to reply.

8 hours ago, Angelmar said:

Given the Travian games country list posted by Miraluna, he has to be from Belarus (Russian client/puppet), Ukraine (actively being invaded by Russia), or Moldova (Russian client/ divided state with separatist Russian autonomous region-Transnistria). None of those 3 are EU members though, so might just be confusion.

Every other border state with Russia is on the Travian games list.

Does Putin know you're trying to Play on the decadent Capitalist servers?

I am from Latvia, and for whatever reason I'm forced to purchase through Russian partner, however i wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for Lithuania. History wise we're not that fond of Russians and given my own countries current situation where a person who has lived here for 30 years and still doesn't know the native language and insists on speaking Russian doesn't garner much sympathy towards them either. Putin can go ligma balls.

9 hours ago, Pann said:

As explained in this post, all other areas of our forums are restricted to allow posts from backers only, but we made it possible for non-backers to post in this forum area for up to 30 days in case they have questions or want more information before purchasing a starter account. 

When I tried to backtrace your account, I didn't get any results so I wasn't able to find out where you're located. I need to know that, when you created your account (and from what website), if you're using a VPN and some other information in order to identify what options might be available to you. If you'd like, you can contact support@crowfall.com with the answers to those questions and we'll try to help as best we can. 

I wasn't using a VPN when i made the first account, but making it was for some reason buggy (clicking on register didn't do anything and bugged back to login section a lot) compared to making this account with the help of VPN (was smooth and no issues at all). Like i stated before, but didn't in the original post due to frustration, and i apologize for it, I am from Latvia. We're a member of EU since 2004 and a member of Nato. Euro has been our currency since 2013.
This has happened before with Black Desert Online where Lithuania, Latvia couldn't purchase the game and were forced into Russian servers, retailers and it left many people frustrated since our two options were to either play with people we don't want to play with or use a VPN which increases in-game ping and can cause lag.
But i want to know why? Why are we being forced into the Russian region? Is there some kind of misunderstanding or an error made?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VianDeax said:

I am from Latvia, i couldn't access forums when i logged into my account so i made another one using a VPN to be able to reply.

I am from Latvia, and for whatever reason I'm forced to purchase through Russian partner, however i wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for Lithuania. History wise we're not that fond of Russians and given my own countries current situation where a person who has lived here for 30 years and still doesn't know the native language and insists on speaking Russian doesn't garner much sympathy towards them either. Putin can go ligma balls.

I wasn't using a VPN when i made the first account, but making it was for some reason buggy (clicking on register didn't do anything and bugged back to login section a lot) compared to making this account with the help of VPN (was smooth and no issues at all). Like i stated before, but didn't in the original post due to frustration, and i apologize for it, I am from Latvia. We're a member of EU since 2004 and a member of Nato. Euro has been our currency since 2013.
This has happened before with Black Desert Online where Lithuania, Latvia couldn't purchase the game and were forced into Russian servers, retailers and it left many people frustrated since our two options were to either play with people we don't want to play with or use a VPN which increases in-game ping and can cause lag.
But i want to know why? Why are we being forced into the Russian region? Is there some kind of misunderstanding or an error made?

I have our techs here looking into it.  Latvia and Lithuania are indeed Travain territories, so you shouldn't be redirected to purchase the game.  My apologies for the inconvenience!  This is a bug and we'll fix it.

More as it happens!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Angelmar said:

Given the Travian games country list posted by Miraluna, he has to be from Belarus (Russian client/puppet), Ukraine (actively being invaded by Russia), or Moldova (Russian client/ divided state with separatist Russian autonomous region-Transnistria). None of those 3 are EU members though, so might just be confusion.

Every other border state with Russia is on the Travian games list.

Does Putin know you're trying to Play on the decadent Capitalist servers?

Belarus = Russia. Historically for ages. Second state language - russian. Supplier of products, trade route, friendly people even after USSR breakup.

Ukraine = semi Russia. Also long historically roots. Russian was a second state language until putsch of 2014 year. now there is a split into two parts, active propaganda, baiting and filth ... and war. Anyway this is Russia for most of normal inhabitants. Alot of ppl have relative inside UK and RU since USSR.

Putin is not Russia. And what he did with Russia and keep doing is something wrong.

I would like to say all other countries who  was forcibly attached in early 20-21 century wasnt friendly to RU nation like two above. They named as CIS (Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Estonia, even Finland was connected to this countries some time ago).

 

My little educational program for NA friends =_= without press and mass media zombie.

 

But as I said early, local publisher for Russia & other = dead project. I understand if ACE connect EU and CIS+Russia to shared servers, this will make sence.

 

 


crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, makkon said:

My little educational program for NA friends =_= without press and mass media zombie.

If you're going to give a history lesson start at the beginning.  Conquest of what is now modern "European Russia" in the 860s by Norse clans under Rurik and founding of the Rus and Rurikid Dynasty based out of Novgorod (followed closely by cadet branch of the Rurikids out of Kiev in Ukraine--the Kievan Rus). 

Then mix in 1200 years of dictatorship and expansion.  A mongol invasion or two.  The Teutonic/Livonian Crusades.  The long struggle to overthrow Swedish Hegemony of the Baltic.  The Great Northern War (RIP Baltic States).  Innumerable skirmishes/wars with the Ottomans Empire. The partitioning of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. (RIP Remainder of Baltics+Poland) Napoleonic Invasion and Alexander I as Savior of Europe. (RIP Finland) etc.

The decadent West occasionally delivers on actual education.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Angelmar said:

If you're going to give a history lesson start at the beginning.  Conquest of what is now modern "European Russia" in the 860s by Norse clans under Rurik and founding of the Rus and Rurikid Dynasty based out of Novgorod (followed closely by cadet branch of the Rurikids out of Kiev in Ukraine--the Kievan Rus). 

Then mix in 1200 years of dictatorship and expansion.  A mongol invasion or two.  The Teutonic/Livonian Crusades.  The long struggle to overthrow Swedish Hegemony of the Baltic.  The Great Northern War (RIP Baltic States).  Innumerable skirmishes/wars with the Ottomans Empire. The partitioning of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. (RIP Remainder of Baltics+Poland) Napoleonic Invasion and Alexander I as Savior of Europe. (RIP Finland) etc.

The decadent West occasionally delivers on actual education.

you're too deep in history =) history has been rewritten many times, we have been distorted, and you know only the indisputable facts as we did. All other can be distorted, lied and invented.

I can only operate by modern history which I were a part so I did. early MMORPG times RU was linked to EU servers. And local publishers is just a result of modern current harassment. which no1 likes to be sad. this topic is about it =)


crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Daylar said:

OK, the bug that prevented Lithuanian and Latvian players from registering or purchasing the game should be fixed.  Let us know if you have further issues.

That's awesome! Can't thank you enough!
Everything is working properly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...