Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
makkon

Perfect stats system

This is pretty amazing, it's a skill based game similar to UO, but the skills and stats almost define the character. For example, a character with good rifle skills plus high int. makes a good sniper since the int gives the rifle user a higher/closer view.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

14 hours ago, Silverback said:

This is pretty amazing, it's a skill based game similar to UO, but the skills and stats almost define the character. For example, a character with good rifle skills plus high int. makes a good sniper since the int gives the rifle user a higher/closer view.

yes!

it can be even linked to current CF state.

for example, in additional to current bonuses

DEX can increase move speed, sprint speed, casting time, attack speed etc

STR can increase inventory slots, digging damage, attack damage

CON can increase retaliate, regen HP, regen STA, gives more defence

INT can increase resource regen, resource cost, access to some high reciepts in crafting and such

Unique races should have big banes with stats which compensate by unique skills they got by default.

as races example ontop of different race skills:

Small races should be very weakness in con and not so strong with hitting ppl but fast, with better resource managements, with lower CD, faster cast time. Big races can be slower in movement, faster recovering from CC, hitting harder, more HP etc. very unique races (like fae) should have very big weakness...

I really do not feeling big difference between races atm in CF except some really unique like Fae, Hamster. they just linked to class and provided needed racial skill which I eat like other. Vessels and stat cap just confirms how uncomplete and unprocessed system is.

I do not feel building character atm, just gathering for gear, time waiting until max out stats, craft and wear better stuff and vessel. ontop of this, full unbalance (pre alpha hello). If in Darkfall it was working ok, every1 have same builds and you required real skill to be success at the end, here I do not understand what will be rule except right OP class setup + zerg + crafters with access to resource.

boring concept

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

I advocate such a system, I use a similar -1 to 4 (almost 0 to 5) system for my pen and paper RPGs. I have strength pool into carry capacity, recoil, melee damage and so on.

However I can do all this because I know I'm working on a system of -1 to 4 where starting characters can have up to 3 points in a attribute. Crowfall is a different type of game, all of the attributes are very high capped. We work on a system of 1 to 250 where starting players have less than 100 in each stat. It's a upwards progression system rather than a trade-off system like my game and SCUM. A highlevel character won't choose between str and dex, he'll have both and the rest. If we assign addition traits to the attributes then those high level players will be far to much to deal with.

Can we take some things from it? maybe, maybe. Can we go whole hog? no. It's the wrong sort of game to have every single stat linked to an attribute.