Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
McFear

If there is raiding attunement - Make getting attuned follow your leveling or make it the most fun activity in the game!

Raid Attunement or Not?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a raid attunement process?

• Yes, make it hard so only good guilds can do it!
    • Yes but make it something people can do solo
    • Yes but make it something that's done while leveling to discourage power leveling
    • No... Just no...
    • Some other option, explain...

Don't know if there will be raiding in the game as far as instanced raid groups that everyone has to get attuned for. BUT; if there is, keep track of tasks that are accomplished toward unlocking access to such raids from the beginning so that I don't have to go back to n00bie tasks at lvl 50 OR make darn good and sure that the tasks are so much fun that people will want to repeat them over and over and over! It only makes sense that someone following the story and content throughout the game (NOT power leveling) should have accomplished the tasks by the time they are the right level for the raid.

Personally I'm hoping for a more dynamic world then the typical static instanced raiding system of yesterdecade...

Another option is to remove attunement requirements all together. I doubt I have to explain why I am stating this but just in case someone feels it's a good thing to bottleneck players through a tedious process of repetition and frustration here is the justification.

I'm all for quest lines or stories or what ever that lead you to a key so you can then get to the big deal, but don't make it something that you have to do over and over or make it something that you have to get a group for. Every time I hit this I lose all joy in a game, because I find it difficult to get a group that can or wants to do the attunement.

"LFG attunement".... echo echo echo...

"LFG Endgame instance  for killer loot"... "Send me and invite", "I'm in!", "Me me me!" and so on.

This believe it or not is good for all, because, you wind up with more attuned people to fill gaps when your guildies fail to show up! Plus soloists like I have the opportunity to get it done and jump into a half decent group that needs to fill that gap.

To me, the real raids will not be against PvE bosses. They should be about territory. Gather your people and attack the village your neighbors have been trying to build on the sly. Destroy the buildings and take the resources back to build your own village closer to their borders. Let the political people work out comprimises. The raids will come naturally from those power plays.

The only attunement I'll accept is owning the city above the dungeon, and even then its enterable if you're capable of reaching the dungeons entrance.

The main problem with attunement is that sometimes it can be too big of a barrier to enter endgame. Wildcatter is one of my favourite MMO currently but they sorta screwed up the attunement. It ended up forcing many casual players out since they were unable to clear the long process of quests meaning that they couldn't raid. Wildcatter has the best raids currently in the market but only a handful of people actually ran them. I really don't think that there should any attunement in crowfall since it is marketed as relying on player skill and attunement is really just a giant time sink.

Also as a side note, I highly doubt that there will raids in crowfall (though i seriously hope they do :)​ !) since they seem to be more pvp centered, sorta how like the endgame content for archeage was mainly doing sandboxy stuff.

if there are going to be raids and instances...please just tell us now so the SB/EVE types don't waste their Time on another carebear stare adventure park

thank you

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I don't understand why players are saying "PvP onry, no PvE or quit." Why can't a MMO have a healthy balance of PvP and PvE that compliments and challenges each other?

I don't understand why players are saying "PvP onry, no PvE or quit." Why can't a MMO have a healthy balance of PvP and PvE that compliments and challenges each other?

That's because the resources are limited and most people would rather that the team create either a superb PvP instead of a mediocre balance of PvP and PvE.

To me, the real raids will not be against PvE bosses. They should be about territory. Gather your people and attack the village your neighbors have been trying to build on the sly. Destroy the buildings and take the resources back to build your own village closer to their borders. Let the political people work out comprimises. The raids will come naturally from those power plays.

This right here is what I'm talking about. Something new. Especially for pve. I am still playing wow and the garrison is awesome. What would make it better if it was not instances and if it was guild/ community controlled land. So say someone starts a little village they had to pay X ammount of money and resources. Now let's say a player named Joe wants invest in this village as well. He puts in X ammount of resources. So eventually this town is established etc. Now let's say Joe and I are the only ones who invested. We would each get titles for said village and privileges. Of course this area should also be inhabited by npc's. Anyway to make a long story short. We should be able to expand our territory. Against NPC towns and player towns. We should have soldiers as well that can be equipped with specific armour. What I mean by this is if we have mines on our lands we can train heavy soldiers. But say some other player or NPC town with a vast forest at their disposal they could make longbow men. This would all turn into player run factions. That is the ultimate fantasy experience. Only game to pull that off to date is eve online. That I know of. We should also be able to trade with people etc. Economy player made crafted items all that. Give the players the ability to form an empire and lose it all if they cannot manage it effectively.

That's because the resources are limited and most people would rather that the team create either a superb PvP instead of a mediocre balance of PvP and PvE.

I hope they build superb PvP, but with pretty bad ass PvE also, if not superb.  But if forced to choose only one, obviously PvP.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

i dunno why the majority voters solo content in raids... Raids are supposed to be a team effort... anyway i voted for the ability to join without level restrictions. it supposed that raids about cooperation and coordination, not a filter of who grinded more ...

i would like to see raids where it doesnt matter what level you are but about groups doing different tasks for same purpose, like others cleaning from minions, others using large weapons, others baiting the boss, others cast nerfs on the boss etc ...

5a1b3fea-fc4c-485e-87da-0147a0f11ae3.png