vkromas

5.7.1 Live Feedback and Bug Reports for 9/13/18

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.7.1 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

Bugs:

There's a bug with the skill training UI. It only affected my Profession trees; you can see how in the video:

Also, when I picked a female Fae Assassin (1) the model didn't show, (2) when I hit the green arrow button I got... not the customization I should have.

vfkQ7B6.png

N06piW1.png

In order to make Black Mantle (particularly as applied by Assassins) balanced with healing I'd like to propose a change in how the value of Healing Blocked is calculated: as a percentage (50%) of incoming heals instead of a fixed amount, with the duration depending on pips spent.

1 Pip: -50% of incoming healing values for 5 seconds instead of a flat 500 HP
2 Pips: 10 seconds
3 Pips: 15 seconds
4 Pips: 20 seconds
5 Pips: 25 seconds

Might this serve as a "nerf?" Sure, but (1) I don't care, and (2) many people would probably agree that's currently needed. What I deem most important is that the value scales with healing numbers as the crafting results of our gear changes. Plus this change would mean that Black Mantle wouldn't be the death sentence it is currently, and that if a cleanse were introduced at some point there would be ample time to use it as counter play.

The tooltip names on the Druid's base-class abilities has reverted to the technical jargon version (e.g.)

c52ef6ac27faacb587942dd6ef88ec2c.png

Druid is literally unplayable now :rage:

Edit: /sarcasm

Edited by Xarrayne

Same issue as @moneda ref: female Fae assassin. I created the vessel anyway, and arrived in the beachhead invisible and moving around with the camera at ground level. Relogging failed to produce a visible vessel. Tried to go to the crypt to kill myself to see if I could create a new vessel, but I cannot use the gates while invisible, even though I get the Press F to use the Gate notification when I approach the gate. I press F and nothing happens.

Edited by Adrienne

2 hours ago, Xarrayne said:

The tooltip names on the Druid's base-class abilities has reverted to the technical jargon version (e.g.)

c52ef6ac27faacb587942dd6ef88ec2c.png

Druid is literally unplayable now :rage:

Champion_Passive_2_display_name

Ranger_Passive_2_display_name

Both of these have issues as well.

Hi all,

As mentioned above, there are a few issues with this build that are not ideal, like the skills issue and the Female Fae Assassin being unplayable. We're looking into this now and hope to have an update for you all very shortly. 

The "F Bug" still exists, where randomly a character is unable to get the option to select F to select anything such as players, braziers or chests.

This build seems more "laggy" than the previous one. I'm around 60ms network time the same as before, but in the previous version I had aroung 90ms message time and now I'm having twice that time (180-200ms). The overall game seems less responsive. I don't know if it's global or related to the EU campaign.

Hi again, I have an update! 

Looks like we're going to try to push a fix tomorrow to address some of these major show stoppers. We'll ideally publish midday tomorrow with the fixes to the Female Fae Assassin, missing skill trees, and some of the weird string file issues like Ranger_Passive_2_display_name. We'll announce when we're moving into maintenance mode and when we're back up again. Thanks all for the prompt responses and patience! I'll update here if anything changes, and our awesome buddy Jack will keep our other social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter up-to-date, too. 

25 minutes ago, vkromas said:

Looks like we're going to try to push a fix tomorrow....

Good thing Ya'll pushed the new campaign up a day. Fridays are not the best day in case poorly made socks happens. 

Just now, mystafyi said:

Good thing Ya'll pushed the new campaign up a day. Fridays are not the best day in case poorly made socks happens. 

This is definitely true. We had to learn that the hard way, unfortunately. 

Another example of bugged physics: character is getting stuck between two models above the ground and can't move and can't use any skill except Ultimate.

You can also see that client does not play some animations on Ranger at the same time. According to Knockdown happening briefly, there was Jab from Ranger but on screen ranger is standing still not doing anything. Or may be it was Duelist ultimate, but it did not render again.

Edited by ComradeAma

Looks like Plate proficiency rune broke after death and after resurrect in Beachhead temple Plate Armor body left on corpse.

Aight, so it looks as though there's some Skill Tree shenanigans going on with Blacksmithing Basics and Mass Production Basics.

After arguing with @KiloGolf in General about the existence of Mass Production Basics, we determined that we were seeing different things - namely the Blacksmithing Basics and Mass Production Basics occupy the same slot in the Crafting Basics screen, and depending on how you get to that screen, you might see one or the other.

Mass Production:

L0q3PyP.png

Blacksmithing:

XEZEiBC.png

In addition, a screen showing that I don't qualify for the Mass Production skill tree, despite apparently having five pips in Mass Prod Basics above:

JUFGosC.png

Fort Guards and Nodes are not respawning

Templar Righteous Parry is still bugged so that if the E prompt is not used while the buff is up no further E prompts come up till that buff wears off.
This includes Retaliate. One must stop Parrying and wait for the buff to wear off in order to get back to normal.