Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why you don't want to make yourself a Noble...

Klandaghi

In your own EK...

(Old self post that was clueless)
I'm trying to make myself a Noble in my own EK but it would appear I can't run that command against my own account on my own EK.  Guessing this is a Pre-Alpha thing that just hasn't been programmed in yet.  Makes sense to lock those commands down to prevent anyone from abusing them yet though.

Pre-Alpha-Cant_make_yourself_a_noble.PNG

EDIT: (New Self)  Having actually read the Vassal System FAQ I now understand that by default you are Monarch which is better than noble.  Thanks for the clarity and guidance all!

Edited by Klandaghi
Learning of my stupidity.

Why would you want/need to be a noble on your EK?

Edit: Thinking about it, wouldn't this be a demotion of your default position - I'm not sure an EK should allow that, since it would make the EK effectively Admin-less.

Edited by Nicodeimus
Thoughts.

Maybe I want to feel important in my own little world :-p  Also wasn't sure if the Noble/Vassal system has preset amounts of tokens for placement.

Is there a listing somewhere of what Noble/Vassal grants to a player?  Is there a Position higher that is assigned by default?  Just curious about what it does/grants/restricts, etc.  As far as I can tell as an owner I don't know what that provides as a tier system among the rankings.  So.. I guess I want it out of ignorance?  :-p  Just curious is all.  (Goes to the Newbie Guide to find the section on nobility and vassals) 

Here's our Vassals FAQ.

The building tokens come as part of the parcel, not the title. So as the person who placed the parcel, you're automatically granted all the tokens available on that parcel. If you make a noble/vassal, you have to manually transfer them building tokens.

Jack Kirby
Associate Writer/Customer Service Manager

That said, I'd like to petition that "Tokens" be renamed to something else - Tokens imply that they are trade-able, movable, and possibly purchasable in some way. Perhaps "Slots" or something similar to make it more clear that they are tied to the parcel, and not a currency.

Sure, just something that's clear that what's being talked about is tied to the parcel, and not something you move - we routinely field questions about "How do I get Tokens?" which seems like a reasonable question on it's surface, whereas "How do I get Plots/Slots/whatever?" might be more self-answering.