Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scipio

PVP Spam

Any one who played shadowbane misses two things right now. Track and pvp spam, it was like a dinner bell telling you the server was alive.  It let you spectate peoples skill like you were reading it in the newspaper. I would love to see a kill spam channel added to crowfall. The test population is often very small and it would encourage people to risk the endless wastes to look for who is fighting. Thus adding content to the server. Please make this happen. I miss seeing ten names fall on the list out of nowhere then forming up my group to go find the fight.  

Kudos as always to the crowfall staff. In J. Todd we trust.

zmZi1zl.jpg

I have mixed feelings on pvp spam. On one hand I really like it and the system does everything you described. The issue I have is if I don't want others to know I'm out roaming around. Spam can give relative information to players I may not want them to have. 

An opt in system would elevate this issue, but I really dont like that either. 

While I would like to see something like this, bringing back those Hunger Dome memories, there are certain other issues I see that interfere with PvP more than this.

Almost all PvP in CF is currently consensual, people want to fight on their terms, and are allowed to. If they don't want to fight they don't have to.
Harvesters can just Spirit Bank their Loot and even farm very close to a Local Bank. Also, Recall is on a pitiful Casting Timer.
Common Resources, which make up the vast majority of what farming provides are available at vendors for a tiny 4.5GP per.
The world is fairly large with spread out and varied resources, what Adventure Zones there are don't seem to draw people.
With Multiple servers this issue only gets worse as people are free to harvest on a different server than others.
There is no incentive to crafting in Campaign worlds, which leads to Crafting being done in complete safety of the Eternal Kingdoms.

Overall, the world tends to feel dead most of the time, and it's not just due to a lack of Kill Feed in the chat.

Edited by Scorn
added 'this'

ScornofLife2.jpg

What can be fun is a reward system based on kills.

Imagine a guy, a well know player killer with 78 kills spaming on chat, on a most wanted list hall of fame. Killing him could give a gold reward :). Finally the kill count is reset on 0 at death.

This can hide some spice in the pvp area with some small mercenaries group can hunt some well-known pkers ^^. So cool :D

Edited by Franck83

I like kill spam, DAOC had it as well as SB. I always used it as a way to find (or avoid :ph34r:) the conflict.

Another way to handle it would be some type of "hot spot" marker on the map like GW2 WvW used a crossed-sword icon to show fighting activity.

Edit: the GW2 crossed-swords only triggered when a certain number of players were in combat, so it didn't show small 1v1, 2v2 type fights

Edited by miraluna

tiPrpwh.png

On 9/17/2018 at 11:07 AM, Franck83 said:

What can be fun is a reward system based on kills.

Imagine a guy, a well know player killer with 78 kills spaming on chat, on a most wanted list hall of fame. Killing him could give a gold reward :). Finally the kill count is reset on 0 at death.

This can hide some spice in the pvp area with some small mercenaries group can hunt some well-known pkers ^^. So cool :D

I agree with this. What your suggesting could be a great beginning to an actual achievement system which would help the game feel more rewarding overall.