Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SerCabbage

Waking Up To Find Your City Ruined

While I absolutely adore the idea of sieges and big battles playing out in the name of conquest one thing that keeps entering my mind is this: what will happen if a large force of a guild gets together in the middle of the night during a time when the opposing guild's players are mostly away sleeping? 

Might there be some sort of system to prevent things like this, to force battles to play out when guilds are at their full strength without ruining the flow of the experience? Its begun nagging at me since it entered my mind. 

Here is the original content: wake up to find your city ruined. 

Did you think about the landscape at all when you watched the Voxel engine 'news' - maybe it's possible to somewhat conceal your castle behind a rock formation, or in the middle of a deep forest. Maybe it's even possible to create an underground tower/castle with a secret entrance?

Perhaps it's wise to not build it too exposed like on the highest mountain peak for instance in the world? :)

I stand on my opinion as I mentioned earlier in this thread; I think it's way too early to even debate WoO rulesets in Crowfall. 

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

I think you misunderstand me. That statement is true no matter how you handle sieges. The number disparity is just too large for anything to really matter. 

What I meant by differing worlds / rules was about having a world where what you keep calling zergs compete, and one where your favored guild size competes. Enforced by either the intruding of rules or the absence of them. 

Having world rules where only guilds with certain numbers could play on would be a bad idea.

Having world rules where only guilds with certain numbers could play on would be a bad idea.

I don't know, there are already different confirmed worlds with varied rulesets. It wouldn't be much of a stretch for different GvG worlds to have different conditions or rules. 

mael4.jpg

I don't know, there are already different confirmed worlds with varied rulesets. It wouldn't be much of a stretch for different GvG worlds to have different conditions or rules. 

Believe it or not, there is less zerg guilds than you are assuming. Oh look, there is two zerg guilds, I guess those two would be stuck fighting each other for the whole campaign. I like variety when I fight people.  I don't like fighting the same guild all the time.

See, that would be true for a warning bell as well as pvp windows. If Pax brings two hundred people to the game, and we are facing a thousand man guild we will be facing the same issue. 

I can tell you what we would likely do. If we could not compete with the largest guilds, we would find where we could compete now. Then we would build up through alliance and recruitment to where we could reasonably compete where the big guilds are. 

That was exactly how the game was played from launch, there were alliances, mutual protection pacts and server wars in SB.

I can tell that you have never played SB. What you just described will cause server wars and eventually the guys with those numbers will be wiped off the server. 

You played when? During F2P or the emulators? It didn't get CN wiped off the map on  Brialla, Malog or either current emulator.

Believe it or not, there is less zerg guilds than you are assuming. Oh look, there is two zerg guilds, I guess those two would be stuck fighting each other for the whole campaign. I like variety when I fight people.  I don't like fighting the same guild all the time.

Do we really know that in the context of a game that is not already out? I mean if you are true it is good news for everyone, I certainly would have less diplomacy and recruitment to worry over. 

The problem is I can think of games where there are more than two zerg guilds, especially if the barrier is anyone over a hundred members like I have seen hinted since I came to these forums. 

mael4.jpg

That was exactly how the game was played from launch, there were alliances, mutual protection pacts and server wars in SB.

You played when? During F2P or the emulators? It didn't get CN wiped off the map on  Brialla, Malog or either current emulator.

I played from 06 to last summer of emu. I just got tired of all the changes to the game. Cn is a weird subject. Some servers did better with keeping them off and some did complete trash. We won't have to worry about Cn in Crowfall.

Do we really know that in the context of a game that is not already out? I mean if you are true it is good news for everyone, I certainly would have less diplomacy and recruitment to worry over. 

The problem is I can think of games where there are more than two zerg guilds, especially if the barrier is anyone over a hundred members like I have seen hinted since I came to these forums. 

Guilds will ally to fight bigger guilds/ nations. Guilds and nations will get wiped off the map for their size. That includes being too small. I do truly believe that I will see what I saw in SB a bit over here. 

What is with Pax and thinking everyone should zerg it up? 

It's obvious they will mass recuit and goto the depths of being cn type fodder to not lose pixels.

Qy0vJXb.gif

Aux - IC of The Seal Cub Clubbing Club

http://tsccc.com

It's obvious they will mass recuit and goto the depths of being cn type fodder to not lose pixels.

Not really, we don't play the game we have in our dreams. We play the game we are given. 

If Crowfall benefits fifty man units, we will make fifty man units. 

I just don't think it is inevitable. 

and then they will get targeted by every SB guild and get wiped.

Where is Rota? :I

It's a pvp game, we are each other's content. That is where the fun is, so bring it :)

mael4.jpg

Not really, we don't play the game we have in our dreams. We play the game we are given. 

If Crowfall benefits fifty man units, we will make fifty man units. 

I just don't think it is inevitable. 

It's a pvp game, we are each other's content. That is where the fun is, so bring it :)

Most SB guilds have personality, we rarely join one anothers cause and just fight with what we have. Most all sb unification has failed besides short period in DF.

Qy0vJXb.gif

Aux - IC of The Seal Cub Clubbing Club

http://tsccc.com

I played from 06 to last summer of emu. I just got tired of all the changes to the game. Cn is a weird subject. Some servers did better with keeping them off and some did complete trash. We won't have to worry about Cn in Crowfall.

Guilds will ally to fight bigger guilds/ nations. Guilds and nations will get wiped off the map for their size. That includes being too small. I do truly believe that I will see what I saw in SB a bit over here. 

Just throwing this out there, there will probably be 20-30k population playing this game at live. These "campaigns" are probably going to support 2-3k population per. The idea that it will be populated by only 20-40 man guilds "SB Style" is pretty naieve. There will be large nations, there will be alliances. Ex-SB'ers will probably make up one tenth of the population at most.

There are already 15.5k registered and this thing isn't close to alpha yet. How many of those people do you think are current SB guild members?

Most SB guilds have personality, we rarely join one anothers cause and just fight with what we have. Most all sb unification has failed besides short period in DF.

Vindi was pretty united against CN during f2p, but yeah... Otherwise it was red=dead.

Make a campaign that limits guilds to (let's say) 50 members and you'll have zergs splitting into two, or three, taking over every campaign with that ruleset. No good.

I'm not gonna call you a zerg If you guys in pax can stand having 100+ bros in voice coms and get alone, more power to you.

Hey, thanks man!

Honestly I always defined the term in the classical sense and had no idea there was a minority of players that juxtapose the definition to anyone not fifty dudes. More power to em though :)

mael4.jpg

Vindi was pretty united against CN during f2p, but yeah... Otherwise it was red=dead.

Make a campaign that limits guilds to (let's say) 50 members and you'll have zergs splitting into two, or three, taking over every campaign with that ruleset. No good.

Probably, or they would divide up into different units for another purpose. Have their most time intensive pvpers on one world and their casuals / recruits on others. 

mael4.jpg