Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Crowfall Q&A Live! - Official Discussion Thread

I would like to see the Confessor's Condemnation ( Flame Thrower ) ability have higher damage so it is more widely used in the game. With the low damage that is it now, the Confessor doesn't have enough upside to want to get into melee range with a low defensive player and use condemnation on an enemy group. We need more reward for the severe risk of getting close to the fight and using the ability that also roots you to the ground.

n0MnLtK.png?2

@thomasblairThanks for taking time to answer my question about Tray toggling! I'd like to clarify what I was talking about.

Currently the Tray swap keys act as toggles. If you hit U to enter ranged tray, but you are already in ranged tray, you end up in survival tray. This might be fine with perfect performance/latency, but frequently performance issues contribute to players ending up in an unintended tray.

For example, you get attacked while out of combat, knocked down, and you desperately want to get into combat tray. So you hit a combat tray key but nothing seems to happen. So you hit it again. Turns out it was just lag, and both go through. You switch into and out of combat, and get hit while out of combat some more.

I propose that hitting the U key can only take you to ranged tray, not into and out of ranged tray. If you want to get into survival tray you hit H.

I can understand the original logic was that people might want to toggle between two different trays with one key. Not a bad thought, but in practice it creates a frustrating experience when people end up in a tray other than the one they are trying to use.

Should be:

Hit H, you go to Survival tray. If you are already in Survival, you stay there.

Hit U, you go to Ranged tray. If you are already in ranged tray, you stay there.

Etc.

IhhQKY6.gif

30 minutes ago, Jah said:

@thomasblairThanks for taking time to answer my question about Tray toggling! I'd like to clarify what I was talking about.

Currently the Tray swap keys act as toggles. If you hit U to enter ranged tray, but you are already in ranged tray, you end up in survival tray. This might be fine with perfect performance/latency, but frequently performance issues contribute to players ending up in an unintended tray.

For example, you get attacked while out of combat, knocked down, and you desperately want to get into combat tray. So you hit a combat tray key but nothing seems to happen. So you hit it again. Turns out it was just lag, and both go through. You switch into and out of combat, and get hit while out of combat some more.

I propose that hitting the U key can only take you to ranged tray, not into and out of ranged tray. If you want to get into survival tray you hit H.

I can understand the original logic was that people might want to toggle between two different trays with one key. Not a bad thought, but in practice it creates a frustrating experience when people end up in a tray other than the one they are trying to use.

Should be:

Hit U, you go to Ranged tray. If you are already in ranged tray, you stay there.

Etc.

If I could upvote this twice, I would.  I have had many deaths from being in the wrong tray because of a toggle. 

If my muscle memory is to hit 'Z' to get into combat, and I get hit not sure I'm already in combat because of flipping back and forth to save on durability hits, poof, survival tray and dizzy and dead.  

It's really not much different of an experience than the talked about cycling 'T'.  You hit a key expecting to get into a stance/tray, and end up somewhere else.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Bard Regen song is considered a heal. Heals can't be slotted into Survival tray.  But it is not a heal it is a regen. That heals. Or something. 

Current usage is to swap into combat tray, realize you don't socket it, and ask the healer for a real heal. The only use right now for normal players is to use it once for getting twisting spun up. Then realise just how clunky it is, and not use twisting anymore since it can be all canceled with a knockdown/stun. 

Yall really really, need to play the game for a few nights with a non dev account and take a pulse of where the game is.

No gear summoning, no instant training. Be a customer for a night or two of 2-3 hour gameplay. 

2 hours ago, Jah said:

Should be:

Etc.

Or even better... have both! Let people decide which they prefer. It's not uncommon for games to give multiple keybinds for the same thing with slightly different functionality.

If we have to choose one, though, I choose Jah's way.

Edited by Svenn

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

9 hours ago, Jah said:

Should be:

Etc.

and if assassins could go directly to ranged tray from stealth that would be great too...

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

16 hours ago, srathor said:

Bard Regen song is considered a heal. Heals can't be slotted into Survival tray.  But it is not a heal it is a regen. That heals. Or something. 

Current usage is to swap into combat tray, realize you don't socket it, and ask the healer for a real heal. The only use right now for normal players is to use it once for getting twisting spun up. Then realise just how clunky it is, and not use twisting anymore since it can be all canceled with a knockdown/stun. 

Yall really really, need to play the game for a few nights with a non dev account and take a pulse of where the game is.

No gear summoning, no instant training. Be a customer for a night or two of 2-3 hour gameplay. 

@thomasblair / @mhalashace

bard hp regen

- can't be slotted on to survival tray as it is considered a "heal". only usable in a combat tray. even with the +combat hp regen boost you will regen faster if you just switch to natural survival tray regen without song. sitting in the combat tray for a song would also now be a waste of durability loss ticks too.

- when your group mates inevitably drop below 70% food the +hp regen is 100% worthless and there is nothing you can do about it as the caster

- the in and out of combat +hp tick values are low and have no scaling [e.g. fixed values instead of % life] especially in a world where you can basically double your base hp via gear...

suggestion:

- make it heal % of max life per tick in combat tray. perhaps also allow it to grant a moderate +healing recived buff on group members as well, like a minor version of pixie dust

- change it to a true "heal over time" rather than +hp regen so it is not disabled by food.

- make it usuable in the survival tray. allow it to grant the "resting" buff from fires within a small radius of the bard which more rapidly restores health only to those also in the survival tray

-

the verse/guard songs also could use some love too i think

i would suggest that the guard song is a "pulsing barrier" e.g. % max life as hp barrier every pulse of the song [non stacking tho?]

i would suggest that the verse song is a "pulsing +dmg buff proc"

e.g. each pulse of the song grants 1-3 stacks of a buff used on next dmg/heal hits that increase the damage/crit chance or something more impactful/interesting. i would make a similar proc suggestion for banner of storms granting allies a lightning damage proc....

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

On 9/18/2018 at 1:13 PM, KrakkenSmacken said:

If I could upvote this twice, I would.  I have had many deaths from being in the wrong tray because of a toggle. 

If my muscle memory is to hit 'Z' to get into combat, and I get hit not sure I'm already in combat because of flipping back and forth to save on durability hits, poof, survival tray and dizzy and dead.  

It's really not much different of an experience than the talked about cycling 'T'.  You hit a key expecting to get into a stance/tray, and end up somewhere else.

I don't switch out of combat tray if I hit z while I'm in it. 

1 minute ago, Jah said:

I just tested it with a Templar and it definitely switched into Survival if I hit Z while in Melee.

Thanks for clearing up the misconception.  I was starting to think I was crazy, or it was something to do with stealth only class tray switching, like the need to go to survival first, or who knows what.