Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eternal Kingdom Trade Hub

After seeing feedback and thinking more about this I am re-writing this.  I wanted to be more clear on the main suggestion and don't want it to conflict with goals. 

Current system from Krakken (thank you).

• EK-> EK, unlimited trade.

• EK-> Camp limited to prevent unlimited tanks. Also intended to be useful as a perpetual comeback mechanic. Hit an EK, buy a suit of gear, and pull it into the world to try to catch back up. Won't produce the highest quality items, due to Keep table crafting bonuses.

• Camp->EK Limited as a reward for doing well, and voluntary removal of valuable assets by the teams that are ahead so as to make them easier to defeat because they pulled resources.

My suggestions is to make the Eternal Kingdom a place where most of the trade happens.  Trade stalls are very important to make the economy work.  It is a huge quality of life improvement over trading face to face.  To make this work you would need to do the following:

• Unlimited import/export to and from your EK to a specific campaign. This means each item would have to have a tag for that campaign.  IE campaign 1. Basically this would allow people to trade using the EK stalls instead of trading in the campaign face to face.  You would not be allowed to import items from campaign 2 to campaign 1.  By tagging the item/s you can eliminate using a campaign to gather resources/crafting and exporting to a different campaign.  This is basically the same as trading within the campaign but using stalls in your EK.

• Allow the ability say who can buy/see the item.  IE guild-mates, individual, alliances or other guilds.   This opens up the ability to trade with other people or guilds that might not be allies.  This could be over written in the campaign rules.

• Allow an option to buy items at the stall. IE – buying apples for 1 gold.

• Even though I don’t agree that it will work out in the end due to balance and power creep.  If you want to give rewards at the end of a campaign you could still do that.  Just change the label to reward.  Then have limits on the campaign on how many can be changed to reward and how many can import as reward.  This suggestion would not change that aspect at all. 

Advantages:

• It makes Eternal Kingdoms valuable and a place where people will want to visit.

• Eternal Kingdom advertisement will be important.

• Increase trade which increases the value for gathering/crafting.

• Huge quality of life improvement.  Trade stalls allow you to trade with people who play at different times and takes much less time.
  • Eternal Kingdoms and trade stalls are already created

Edited by Zorph
Wanted to be more clear
15 minutes ago, veeshan said:

1st - its easy to get a full set of green if you have people actively gathering and gets exponetly harder to get above that
2nd There no import or exports in Eternals kingdoms already
3rd Some campaign will work that way with 0 imports and only exports

1 -  On the gear that is great.  I think people should be thinking is it better to gear 3 people or upgrade 1 to the next level.  Upgrading 1 to the next level should be weaker for your group.

2 -  I am saying I would recommend unlimited import/export to the Eternal Kingdom during the campaign.  This means you can go to eternal kingdoms to buy/trade. 

3 - Why would you want to export if you can't import?  I am recommending not to allow you to export to another campaign.  If your able to do that, then people will decide to horde resources for the next campaign.  I don't see how you can keep it balanced.

btw just so you know imports and exports will be different than thet are now.

Exports will only be exported at the end of the campaign based on how well you did in that campaign depends on how many items/slots will get exported at random, atleast that was the original plan, alot of the stuff happening in the kingdoms will eventualy be what happens in the campaigns atleast one would expect so

Veeshan Midst of UXA

3 minutes ago, veeshan said:

btw just so you know imports and exports will be different than thet are now.

Exports will only be exported at the end of the campaign based on how well you did in that campaign depends on how many items/slots will get exported at random, atleast that was the original plan, alot of the stuff happening in the kingdoms will eventualy be what happens in the campaigns atleast one would expect so

I understand that thought.  But I am suggesting to go a totally different route.  Use the Eternal Kingdom as a trade hub.  So during the campaign you can export your goods to the trade stalls to sell.  People can buy/trade what they want there.  Then bring it back into the campaign.

I don't think it is a good idea to trash the intended mechanic where people can earn rewards from winning campaigns and import them into later campaigns.

There will be no-import campaigns for people who don't like the "imbalance" of importing stuff into campaigns.

IhhQKY6.gif

Just now, veeshan said:

Then there no rewards for the campaigns, the EK as a trade hub is for stocking up before campigns starts and importanitng what you need to get going.

Correct there would be no reward in crafted items or resources.  But if you allow those items into a new campaign it throws off the balance. 

I am suggesting giving other rewards - cosmetics, vip, eternal kingdom items, etc...  If you give anything that gives an advantage, then obviously they have an advantage.  People who lose don't usually like starting off at a disadvantage.  Also people will say half way through, I am going to lose so why don't I just gather resources and not even try.

Just now, Zorph said:

Correct there would be no reward in crafted items or resources.  But if you allow those items into a new campaign it throws off the balance. 

I am suggesting giving other rewards - cosmetics, vip, eternal kingdom items, etc...  If you give anything that gives an advantage, then obviously they have an advantage.  People who lose don't usually like starting off at a disadvantage.  Also people will say half way through, I am going to lose so why don't I just gather resources and not even try.

just like jah said play a no import campaign if u want balance

Veeshan Midst of UXA

whats stopping you from trading in the campaign worlds?
Whats stopping you from crafting in the campaign world?
Whats stopping you from doing anything in a campaign world?

EK at like basicly just big prestige housing, showing other how much you been able to export and build your EK up and so on tbh

Veeshan Midst of UXA

I would much rather see something like the beachhead be able to be built up via people dropping parcels and houses and venders there than EK.

They can even go about having a contribution point system where you/guild earn points by contributing to the campaign win condition where you can drop parcels/venders in the beachhead once you earn enough points to expands ur faction area/economy via venders in the EK and so on

Veeshan Midst of UXA

6 minutes ago, Zorph said:

But that means we really lose trading.  Eternal Kingdoms are not very important. 

I thought Eternal Kingdom was going to be a huge trade hub?

The fact that we will be able to import stuff into campaigns will ensure that EKs will be trade hubs.

People who only play no-import campaigns won't have much reason to participate in the EK economy, but everyone else will.

Trading inside a campaign should occur inside the campaign. I really don't like the idea of items in EKs being tied to specific campaigns.

IhhQKY6.gif

So if we can import from another campaign depending on the amount.

You will send the very best equipment and if it is unlimited.  Then you will go into the easiest place to get resources and take them from there.

IMHO a trade stall is 100 times better than trading face to face.  I understand we all have the fantasy we will all win and be able to take that gear to the next campaign.  But most people have to lose.  People will cheat the system to win the next one if they aren't going to win the current round.

2 hours ago, Zorph said:

I understand that thought.  But I am suggesting to go a totally different route.  Use the Eternal Kingdom as a trade hub.  So during the campaign you can export your goods to the trade stalls to sell.  People can buy/trade what they want there.  Then bring it back into the campaign.

So basically turn on its head everything that ACE has promised/talked about so far, so "Uncle Bob" can bring unlimited tanks into the game.

No thanks.

6 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

So basically turn on its head everything that ACE has promised/talked about so far, so "Uncle Bob" can bring unlimited tanks into the game.

No thanks.

I don't understand how you could bring unlimited tanks into the game?  They said Eternal Kingdoms would be important for trade.  Trading face to face is very limiting.  Have a huge eternal kingdom with resources would allow people to trade with opposing guilds if you want.  You could only trade what is created in that campaign. 

1 minute ago, Zorph said:

I don't understand how you could bring unlimited tanks into the game?  They said Eternal Kingdoms would be important for trade.  Trading face to face is very limiting.  Have a huge eternal kingdom with resources would allow people to trade with opposing guilds if you want.  You could only trade what is created in that campaign. 

Your not distinguishing between EK and Campaign very well in your description.  The original quote had you pulling unlimited amounts of finished goods (tanks) from your EK, which is NOT in a campaign.

The gates are simple.  

EK-> EK, unlimited trade.

EK-> Camp limited to prevent unlimited tanks. Also intended to be useful as a perpetual comeback mechanic. Hit an EK, buy a suit of gear, and pull it into the world to try to catch back up. Won't produce the highest quality items, due to Keep table crafting bonuses.

Camp->EK Limited as a reward for doing well, and voluntary removal of valuable assets by the teams that are ahead so as to make them easier to defeat because they pulled resources.

ACE is not in the business of setting up a "huge eternal kingdom" for trade.  That's what players are for. It's a big selling feature, to climb the EK economic dominance hierarchy through work and clever marketing.

I suspect you don't really understand what the intent is, and always has been from the start.

Re-read your original post after edit, and still think there is a serious problem with your suggestion.

Unlimited import/export to and from your EK to a specific campaign. This means each item would have to have a tag for that campaign.  IE campaign 1. Basically this would allow people to trade using the EK stalls instead of trading in the campaign face to face.  You would not be allowed to import items from campaign 2 to campaign 1.  By tagging the item/s you can eliminate using a campaign to gather resources/crafting and exporting to a different campaign.  This is basically the same as trading within the campaign but using stalls in your EK.

It almost sounds like your asking for the shops and tables to basically be pulled into the safe zone of the beachhead. Shops, yes that would be fine, but crafting tables are out of the beachhead and contested in the game for a reason.

Tagging every scrap of resource as part of a campaign, would be a nightmare for both players and the devs to manage.  Just think. I have 32 white iron from campaign A, and 35 white iron from Campaign B. 

• How do you tell the player easily, which ones they can carry into a specific world? 
  • How do you deal with stacks?
  • What about worlds that have ended? Materials they can use elsewhere are supposed to be the reward.
  • How do you deal with the bank space problems?

That is just a technical and logistical nightmare.

Without that unrealistic limitation, it's a slippery slope monster where you can drag winning from one campaign forward into another.  I get what you are trying to say, and want, from the EK's being economic hubs, but unlimited import/export is not an answer that can be balanced against winning worlds/games.  It would be like playing Risk and letting people who have played the game before move armies from a game they won, into a game they are just starting. 

That said, there is a tricky problem in balancing EK/Campaign economy interactions.  Making it worthwhile to pull resources out of a world, and worthwhile to craft inside the worlds. I have often put forward a suggestion I think could work, but I suspect is not something that will happen generally.  Perhaps one or two campaigns could be configured this way.

When the mechanic is in place, simply restrict imports to blueprints only, while having no export material type restrictions.  Export slots would still need to be earned.

With that in place, every single piece of gear used in a world, would have to come from material harvested inside of that world.  EK shops would not be full of items, they would be full of BP's to make quality items in world.  You would need the exported materials to experiment to create the best BP's possible, but you would also need to make your items in world out of materials harvested from inside a campaign. 

To get the best of the best BP's you would still probably want to build them in campaign at the keep tables which will have bonuses.

The exception being vessels.  Those will eventually be what your walk in and out of worlds in, instead of them being locked to a world. Any maybe equipped gear could be allowed in in some if not all worlds. 

It's also very important to note, none of this is set in stone, and is all pretty much designed to be campaign options.  So maybe you will get to see a world with the unlimited import/export in play, and see how that world plays out.  I think it is a model that just a zerg "Uncle Bob" disaster waiting to happen, but with all the configuration options they are building in, I'm sure enough people asking for it would see it tried at least once.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Tagging every scrap of resource as part of a campaign, would be a nightmare for both players and the devs to manage.  Just think. I have 32 white iron from campaign A, and 35 white iron from Campaign B. 

• How do you tell the player easily, which ones they can carry into a specific world? 
  • How do you deal with stacks?
  • What about worlds that have ended? Materials they can use elsewhere are supposed to be the reward.
  • How do you deal with the bank space problems?

This is my response:

• I am not suggesting to move the tables at all
  • I personally wouldn't even allow any crafting/gathering outside the campaign.
  • If it says campaign A you can bring it to campaign A only. 
  • It is just tag like you use in gmail to an item.  So if you have a stack then it still has the tag.
  • When the world ends all the items follow the campaign rules.   If the campaign says they all are deleted they are delete.  If you can keep some for reward, then it is the same.  The tag then is changed to reward or something similar.
  • Bank space wouldn't change.  You can have what ever size bank space they decide.  They may want a limit on stall space, maybe that is something you could upgrade over time.

Without that unrealistic limitation, it's a slippery slope monster where you can drag winning from one campaign forward into another.  I get what you are trying to say, and want, from the EK's being economic hubs, but unlimited import/export is not an answer that can be balanced against winning worlds/games.  It would be like playing Risk and letting people who have played the game before move armies from a game they won, into a game they are just starting. 

I am probably using the wrong wording.  I am not saying you can forward any resources or items different than is already stated.  I am just saying you can use the stalls already in the EK for one campaign and only that campaign.  Basically this would allow the exact same thing as trading in person in that campaign, but with the advantage of you not having to physically be there to do the trade.