Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The ghosts of Furor and Tigole (A bit Salty)

Vesperre

Templars  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who thinks Templars's Need a Buff?

• Yes. For god sake's yes!
    • Nah. They are perfect!
    • Seriously? They need a nerf!

Hi,

I just recently posted a question on September 2018's Q&A about Templar's having no utility in PvP.    So I was told and I quote 'No you do, you are suppose to hold choke points...and deny areas from the enemy".  So I imagine they were talking about diving light a AoE effect that damages enemies for a small amount (~100)  heals allies for a  semi-significant amount (300-400 a tick).

Ummm, huh?  So the other 99 percent of the time when I'm not in a narrow gateway or throne room I'm kinda useless.   So I need to be up close to the enemy to generate any type of pips but also I should also be at a choke point spamming AoE.   I don't have good self-healing, not much survivalibility,  my damage poor compared to others and I have 1 buggy  long cooldown gap-closer (I've gotten stuck on molehills).

Did anyone think this through?  How is this a fun class to play? Why am I a support that has plate armor and 2H Sword?  (Nevermind, everyone can wear plate)

Last thing I've never seen divine light stop anyone from coming into the throne room or a gap.

Furor and Tigole are laughing in their EQ graves.

(Sorry for the Rant.   I'll write a much more constructive post lately.  I'm feeling a bit salty now.)

Edited by Vesperre

10 minutes ago, Vesperre said:

Ummm, huh?

divine light for pip generation and parry counter attack spam of crits and knock downs 

;p

[the healing on divine light is ok, but doesn't scale and yea sensible people will move out]. devotion as group healing 'lifesteal' at least does scale.

Edited by Tinnis

When Templar was first introduced Divine Light was far too powerful, the current damage you see with it is 20% of what it was.
Divine Light needed a nerf, no questions asked (though was it too much I still wonder)

Other changes have added up to hit Templar pretty hard.

Not being able to generate Pips off Parrying Ranged damage effectively makes Templars completely helpless vs Ranged (but they're a group Class so it's ok...)
The Attack Speed change, where they changed the Animation of the LMB making it significantly slower hurt both Damage and Pip generation.
(add in the fact that Duelists and Assassins generate Pips at a pretty crazy rate and it just salts the wound)

Templar is Pure Melee...and Pure Slashing damage, both weaknesses that can be exploited.

5.6 had a very bad Combo bug where most Combo attacks would not flow, they would just get interrupted, put on CD for you to start over.
5.7 has fixed that...but Combos in Melee frequently get interrupted due to bodies running into you. Considering Templar is pure Melee...this happens a lot.

5.7 also brought in the changes to Health buffs, which constitute 2 CORE Templar abilities.
Previously Health buffs would change the Maximum Health and Current Health keeping the percentages the same.
5k/10k became 7.5k/15k for example.
Currently Health buffs only apply to the maximum HP pool, even if you're at 100%
This neutralizes the gain in survivability of both Holy Warrior and Brilliance (Templar 'Ultimate')
Templar sustain has gone way down because of this and it is in a bad spot right now, mainly due to the Health buff issue.

Templar has never felt that strong in 1v1 as it's far too easy to counter with a little knowledge of the class mechanics. (Pip generation, kiting, etc)
However, in group dynamics and holding a position it has had moments where it stands strong.
As long as the Health buffs work the way they do Templar will not be very viable as the Templar will need far more Healing than previous versions.

ScornofLife2.jpg

I will admit I'm a new player but it seems to me most classes function well in most situations with the ability to do dmg or heal.  From what I got from the devs we're only good indoors or in gaps.   That just seems weird to me.

What is they gave us eminently hittable?

Edited by Vesperre

7 hours ago, Vesperre said:

What were you disciplines in this fight Moneda?

I think the majors are Standard Bearer and Scarecrow, minors are Overwhelming Odds, Armor of Faith, and something else; but it doesn't really matter. So many things about powers and Templar mechanics are different now this couldn't happen again. I could parry ranged attacks back then! :lol:

Check out the Divine Light damage from build 4.3. This was when health and damage was 10x current values, but I don't think DL currently ticks for 8- or 900+.

KTAKBVS.png

Hi, I'm moneda.

• 4 months later...
26 minutes ago, Unnamed said:

They should really just make divine light a player based aoe that moves around with the templar and grants some movement speed while its active.

That sounds OP.  I prefer different classes being strong in different scenarios and for on point defense or offsense the Templar outshines a lot of others but not all and that’s okay. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Just now, mandalore said:

That sounds OP.  I prefer different classes being strong in different scenarios and for on point defense or offsense the Templar outshines a lot of others but not all and that’s okay. 

Not really. Templar still has garbage tier mobility so most people won't have issues kiting the templar out. Atleast now those people are having to outplay a player instead of just walking out of a stationary red circle on the ground, far more interesting gameplay imo. The templar has almost no place in open world pvp due the stationary aoe nature of divine light and complete lack of mobility. This change would solve both while maintaining their position as a strong point defense character. Damage and healing values can always be adjusted for balance but at least the class will be fun to play and templar players wont feel like their class is only good for 10% of the situations you will find yourself in in-game.

3 hours ago, Unnamed said:

Not really. Templar still has garbage tier mobility so most people won't have issues kiting the templar out. Atleast now those people are having to outplay a player instead of just walking out of a stationary red circle on the ground, far more interesting gameplay imo. The templar has almost no place in open world pvp due the stationary aoe nature of divine light and complete lack of mobility. This change would solve both while maintaining their position as a strong point defense character. Damage and healing values can always be adjusted for balance but at least the class will be fun to play and templar players wont feel like their class is only good for 10% of the situations you will find yourself in in-game.

Templar is a fun class to play. The only 2 classes that will give the templar trouble are rangers and confessor currently due to range. Stupid rangers can be killed because they eventually go into melee the rare smart ones will kite you all the way. If you're being outplayed by them stepping out of the circle thats the least of your issues.